DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Guest Zips

Okay, so I KNOW that there is a pinned thread for people to upload whatever they draw as an individual piece, and I also know there's another pinned thread for us to submit our colouring pages, but here's the thing, I don't have a colouring book! I'm sure I'm not the only little out there without a colouring book. It's horrible isn't it?  <_< 

But that doesn't mean you can't make your own awesome art! So I decided to make my own step by step guide to address what to do in this situation. However, even if you DO have a colouring book, this is still a really original art piece I think you should try. I hereby invite you all to follow my guide, try it for yourself, and then please submit the resulting picture below! It'd make me super happy.  :wub: So, here's what I want you to do! Submit it here, and if you want, send it/print it to your Mommy or Daddy as a gift!  ^_^ 

Alright littles! Are you ready!?

• Step 1: Get a couple sheets of paper, the colouring instrument of your choice (best if colouring pencils), one black marker, and a drawing pencil!

post-13221-0-75051100-1466098908_thumb.jpg

• Step 2: Draw a little squiggly line on the sheet. Go on, don't be afraid. It doesn't have to be perfect; this is abstract art.

post-13221-0-40678300-1466099084_thumb.jpg

• Step 3: Keep going, don't be afraid to cross over the lines! The more times you cross over though, the longer it'll take to colour. If you're good at this, lots of crossovers can look really good. By now you could have something that looks like this.

post-13221-0-52192300-1466099239_thumb.jpg

• Step 4: Grab your favourite colour, and colour in one little section. Take care to stay between the lines, but don't worry if you go over the edges just a little bit; we'll fix this later.

post-13221-0-79328300-1466099477_thumb.jpg

• Step 5: Keep colouring in all the different sections. Be sure not to colour any two adjacent sections the same colour: The same colour can meet at a corner but not at a side. The more colours you have, the easier this is to accomplish.

• Step 6: You want this to look good for your Daddy/Mommy, and good art comes framed! Get a black marker, and colour over all of the pencil lines you made earlier. The marker should be thick enough to cover any booboos you made in the colouring process. Yes, I got you covered fam.  ;)  ^_^  :heart: 

• Step 7: Sign your Art! You're an artist now, and artists have to have signatures for authenticity. You could be the next  Monet or DaVinci!

• Step 8: Write a cute little note for your S.O to let them know how much you love them!

post-13221-0-69603600-1466099708_thumb.jpg

Littles: If you really like this idea, you could do lots of these and staple them into a book to give to your Mommy/Daddy.

Caregivers: Why not draw a few squiggly lines yourself and give them to your little? A little art can turn into a lotta art!

If you do decide to try this out for yourself, don't forget to upload it here! It'd really make my day.

Special thanks to Ryan C for help formatting the pictures.

Keep calm and colour away!

Edited by Zips
  • Like 2

This is a really neat idea. I may try this at some point. This could be a great gift idea for all the Daddies out there for Father's day.

• 2 weeks later...

I've absolutely loved this idea, Zips~ 

My significant other's birthday is coming up so I decided to give it a shot. We're semi-long distance so I made it into a JPG to print out. It didn't turn out the best, but I'm still proud of it.  :D

[image] [image]

Edited by Strawberry Sprinkles