DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Sexuality and Gender????

DannyDelilah

ummm hii. i dont really know what i am :/ Im biologically male but i really want be a girl. like i feel like im a girl on the inside but on the outside im a gross disgusting guy. .-. and for my sexuality, its not as much about gender for me as it is about femininity :/ like im generally attracted to more girls than guys but id still find a guy attractive as long as he wasnt like all manly and stuff. im not sure what that means though..

• Like 1

it sounds like you could be transgender. as for who you're attracted to, I don't think that has anything to do with being transgender. you could be a woman (which is what it sounds like you feel you are)  attracted to women and men.

Heya Delilah i have been in your predicament for basically my entire life realizing it or not, i often have dysphoria and it hits hard, my identity is one of the hardest things ive struggled with, am i non binary am i transgender ? is this just a weird fantasy am i a demiboy? etc etc, i am fluid and one thing i have learned is to take it slow, finding yourself that is. leave sexuality out of it for now as gender and sexuality are different :) take your time and just remember you ARE what you feel like in the inside and you are valid whatever you may be, you will likely get confused feelings and thats okay. we are not expected to figure it out in a second. i am biologically male and when i feel like a male i sometimes wonder is it just because of the hormones in my body tricking me because i feel different deep down. i dont have the answers but there is support within the community. labels help one with identifying but imo remember a label doesnt make you who you are , YOU do, so dont stress about it, its a journey to get there :) 

as for sexuality i feel like some of the same stuff may apply, and you are attracted to whoever you are attracted to. and Alicorn made some pretty good points about differences and such. personally i am Pansexual and Demisexual, I am not limited by who i can be attracted to and i only choose to be more intimate with someone i end up loving.  and with that said i still completely understand what you said about it more being attracted to femininity, im very the same and it even applys to myself, whether im a boy or a girl femininity attracts me for myself and for who i am attracted to and that's completely normal.

you are not alone and you have friends here to help and be there for you along your journey :)