DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

How to be happy alone

Cuppiecakes

Hiya. So I've been in a few relationships with daddy's online but never in real life. Honestly never had Anyone in real life as a significant other. How does one go about being happy alone and making the best of your situation by yourself. I don't want to have to rely on someone constantly to be happy, otherwise I'm afraid I'll never be happy. Advice is much appreciated

Guest lullabydollface
That's a really good question I wish I had the answer but I'm asking myself so any insight would be helpful to potentially a lot of people!

focus on yourself. your short and long term goals. how to achieve them. then figure out what you want in life and a timeline for when you'd like to achieve your goals. next, you need to know what you want in a partner, Daddy/Mommy/Caregiver and otherwise. It will help when you do find someone, so you don't just settle for whoever because you'll know what you want and need. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Being a lone little can seem like a scary thing since as a whole little's tend to be more reliant and clingy (which is a good thing) but it is also extremely possible to be a little alone. I recommend getting a schedule for yourself and setting rewards for yourself. Things like chores, homework, eating a little healthy food with every meal, brushing your teeth and washing your face before bed, also a consistent bedtime should be on it and reward yourself when you can, if you follow the schedule (or even mostly, no little is perfect it's ok to slip up). The reward can be something like a pair of shoes you like, a new stuffie, maybe candy. Also make sure to engage your little side. You can be a little alone: watch little shows, make pp&js, pick up juice at the grocery store (danimals are also really good), color, go to a park, doodle outside with chalk, just childish and innocent activities that you enjoy. Finding a forever daddy can take a while but you can still be a happy little in the meantime ^.^

Edited by lilsnoopy
  • Like 2

my biggest problem right now, is wanting a daddy but being scared of getting hurted by daddys that i meet online, since i can never really tell who's real or not. and then im not brave enough to meet them. things just move so fast in ddlg, and i dont want to rush a decision that could change my life. I want to be alone, but i still have those moments when im crying alone and need someone there to cheer me up or just give me a hug or some cuddles. I want someone to help me control my anger and other unnecessary reactions and set me straight when I go off course. But i also want someone who has the same religion as me so that i can share in doing that with them. Its just hard finding a daddy that'll respect my boundaries and make me not be scared of so many things like i already am..... :unsure:

Guest QueenJellybean

I think that meeting fakes, or being used or hurt is pretty commonly a fear. You certainly aren't alone there. I have to second the idea of working on yourself, and also emphasize the importance of having friends in the community. Seeking out other Littles and making those friendships will help you feel less alone and give you some of that connectivity that you seek. If you start looking for friends locally, you might feel more confident about attending events. Let the relationship pieces happen naturally and start by fostering the Little inside of you!

I discovered that I'm a little in my last relationship, and really clung to that partner for support etc. She left me about two months ago and I thought my world was over. I didn't know how to be myself or be alone. It's taken weeks of coping and changing my mindset, but I'm learning to allow myself to enter my little space in other situations. I can pick my more "little" outfits on my own, watch cartoons, etc and just generally act more childish on my own and when I'm with my best friend. You just gotta find those outlets and other areas that can make you happy

Thank you all so much for your help, advice, and support! It's amazing how this community sticks together and helps those around them! I've taken your advice and started finding ways to be happy alone. I've become my own daddy persay. I've even made colourful rules and set a bedtime! I'm hoping this will work for me. :D if anyone wants a list of the rules I made to help themselves be happy just ask and I'll post them on here :3 thanks you guys!!!!
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...