DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Little vs. Princess

Guest MissNMTX

Guest MissNMTX

I need help!! I'm so confused.  So, I've put off getting a fetlife account for the longest time.  I kept thinking between my vanilla dating profiles, my actual social media, and exploring the lifestyle "Do I really need another profile?"  Then I decided that if I was going to figure this all out I needed to go where the people are. So, I did.

I've always called myself a princess. It seems to fit how I feel and I thought it was just a term....I really should no better by now!  I certainly thought it fit within the DD/lg dynamic. Last night I discovered there's a whole subcategory of submissive known as princesses that also call their Doms "Daddy" It seems to have all the other elements that fit me so well but without the regression/little space element...my struggles with that are documented here in the forum. If this is true I've found my perfect fit!

The problem is I can't seem to find more than anecdotal information on it. I've googled everything!  There's information on a "Warrior Princess Submissive" which I so am not!  Nothing specific to "princess" beyond being a term of endearment in DD/lg relationships...which is what I thought.  I have no idea if its a clearly defined dynamic, if its made up, if it fits in DD/lg, or if its just softer D/s.

If any one has any experience, information, or can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.  I know I should't get so catch up in labels. I just really want to know myself more clearly so that I know what I bring to the table in a relationship and so that my partner at least has an idea what to expect!  Also, if it turns out that this isn't the right place for me I'll be sure to deactivate my profile. Not that I don't want to be here,...you all have been beyond awesome!  But, this is meant to be a safe place and I would never want to offend anyone or make anyone uncomfortable.

Thanks again for being so kind, supportive, and encouraging.

Ok, so I'm kind of in the same boat as you. And that means I'll be following this thread because I've been trying to figure this one out too! Thanks for asking this question!

Well you might not be able to fit in anywhere perfectly because you are yourself, unique. I don't fit in anywhere perfectly, I've had to discover myself through the info given to me. Ineffable Dom I believe is the thing. My advice, discover yourself, it's a Mentor's or your Dom's responsibility to help you do that. I'm helping my Little discover herself, she didn't even know she was an lg before we met, she always had it in her and only when we met did she figure that out. She's completely unique herself and still evolving and I'm glad I'm here to guide her.
  • Like 1

Littles don't have to feel a certain age, and to a large degree it doesn't have to be totally defined.  What makes you feel good is right for you.

• Like 1

I call myself Princess, and often insist other people do it too, if comfortable. My food delivery guy calls me Princess, because I use an App called Henchman.

My Daddy calls me Princess very often - and when I'm not in my little space, I jokingly tell people to call me Princess as well. I love it.

My private parts are known as my princess parts, I have an extensive Princess/pampered lifestyle I love. Daddy indulges my bratty behavior sometimes - but reminds me how a true princess should act.

Guest algernon

When in a journey of self-discovery or exploration, people often follow a pattern along the lines of:

1) I see something that catches my attention or piques my curiosity

2) Upon further examination, I feel an affinity toward or I identify with that concept

3a) ...But that concept does not entirely match me, so I should make sure I change or pretend until I can fit myself in that box

Or 3b) ...But that concept does not entirely match me, so it must not really represent me at all, and I should start over elsewhere with step 1.

Labels are certainly useful and purposeful tools, but by their very nature are also reductionist, and when people try and figure out "what am I" or "which label matches me", they can easily run into 3a and 3b up there, both of which are poor answers. Plenty of labels are inclusive, can go along with others, complement others, or are similar to others, and you can use more than one to help describe yourself. You're also allowed to mix it up, change what you feel describes you whenever you want, and explore.

Short answer: as others said, "Princess" and "Little" are not mutually exclusive and you can be yourself and do what you want anyway.

Is almost the same concept but varies a bit (at least in fetlife): A Princess is someone that need to be treated as...well...a princess. All littles want/need kind words and hugs but a Princees its supposed to need a lot because she thinks of herself as some beautiful jewel that deserve to be spoiled very often. Of course, this can be a way of be a brat sine that is a good testing to her Daddy patience.

Hope it helped.