DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Daddy Deals. (Repost from my old Tumblr blog.)

Guest QueenJellybean

Guest QueenJellybean

This is a true story from my old Tumblr blog last Halloween. I thought it was appropriate, and pretty silly, to post again. Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------

Sometimes, the little moments in our day are the best. I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again; I’ve come to genuinely cherish the little things. Stolen kisses in bed before the day comes to claim us. The effortless way the bed seems so alive when I wake up in the October air, nude and heavy from sleep. How my mind feels when I finish a paper, read a good book, play an interesting video game. The butterflies that explode in my stomach when He steals a kiss at my neck from behind when no one is looking. The way a good song makes me feel, moves every part of my soul. The mountains in white, snow-capped and inviting. The rustle of the leaves in the wind on an autumn day. The thrill of someone new. 

When people tell me how much I mean to them. That moment when I believe. 

Yesterday was a whirlwind of emotions. My heart broke only to be stitched back together again multiple times. There were a lot of moments I could treasure from yesterday, just like every day, but there were also lots of moments I’d eagerly forget if given the chance. 

What I want to talk about is simply a slice of my life. A moment in a chaotic storm cloud of feeling and conscious thought. But it was special to me. 

I don’t know if any of you remember the powerpoint post where I presented Beast with a powerpoint detailing why we should go to a certain place for vacation, because it’s what I used to do when I was a child with my parents. After that day, we’ve informally started doing something we like to call “Daddy Deals”. Basically, I try to make a deal for something to work out in my favor, and while I often get my way, there’s a lot of rebuttal from Beast. 

This is how the one last night went: 

Baby: … So I have a Daddy Deal for you.
Beast: Oh?
Baby: Yes. It’s a very important one. Are you ready?
Beast: *heavy sigh* Sure…
Baby: If the baby, that’s me, has no more sweets for the rest of the week, she can eat whatever she wants on Halloween. 
Beast: ….
Baby: …. 
Beast: I have to confer with the Congress. *grabs several stuffed animals and goes under His blanket, whispering loudly.* She always tricks us with stuff like this. She knows you’ll forget when she asks for treats at night, and then she’ll be getting both!
Baby: *tries hard not to argue since she can hear everything, kicks feet indignantly* 
Beast: *a few more moments of muffled whispering* Alright. The Congress has reached a decision. No more treats until Halloween. But! There are two stipulations. 
Baby: Objection! 
Beast: Overruled! You must go to the gym Friday, and if you get a tummy ache from the candy on Saturday, I will not be comforting you.
Baby: Objection! The Daddy is supposed to keep the Baby safe! So she shouldn’t have a tummy ache.
Beast: *raises eyebrow* Then how was this a good Daddy Deal to begin with if I’m going to be limiting your candy intake? 
Baby: … Foiled again. You’ve got a deal! 

Yes, sometimes, it’s the little things that leave us giggling and squirming all night long. I sure am grateful for them.

• Like 3

• 4 years later...