DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

milkytea

Hey me and my daddy are in a (not very) long distance relationship. He spends most of his time in university or doing homework etc and we barely talk. And I really have hard time managing my time and my day. I mostly feel kinda blue and do nothing for very long time very often. What do you guys suggest for me? Oh and I sometimes do my homeworks fitness etc and plan my day of course but it doesnt work all the time..

I find that getting out of bed when I'm having a hard day is the hardest thing to do so the way that I kinda combat the urge to stay in bed all day is to make the bed? Because if I'm laying on an unmade bed I'm likely to stay there. If I'm sitting/laying on a bed that's been made it forces me to go about and do other things. Just take it one step at a time and focus on that first step and it'll get the ball rolling

Maybe ask your daddy for a to-do list for the day would be a good start. Also you can do something fun and creative like drawing that you can share with him when you talk.
  • Like 1

Guest QueenJellybean

I highly suggest an app like Chore Monster, but instead of using it for just chores, have your partner add things that he'd like to you accomplish during the week/day. You can change them up as much as you like. But it might help fill your downtime. 

• Like 1

You may talk with him and choose a time where he can stop studying and talk with you, so you don't have to be anxious for him to answer and you can have some time to spend dogether !

• Like 1

I've found the best way to get myself going at the start of the day is to start with a shower immediately after getting out of bed. One thing I've read is that the worst thing you can do is sit down and get online, you start to relax and then you are less likely to get going again.

I also agree with a chore app, with chores put together by your Daddy (or both of you). Also if your Daddy wants, he could assign you "tasks" to do on certain days. My Daddy assigns me things to do and it has been helping me get back into doing things other than sitting around all day while also strengthening our relationship. He has me do color pages for him, or write certain things in my little journal. Or even sometimes do naughty things for him. He also has me send him a picture every morning. Little things like this help keep me going during the day.