DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

How to get my Daddy to set proper rules.

PrincessGinger

Hey it's me again, I'm struck on some stuff that I require some help with. Me and my daddy are new to ddlg and never of us fully understand everything yet. But in my head the best place to start is with rules, but my daddy just makes rules up and changes them randomly.

How can I give my daddy hints that I want set rules, that are written down and easy to access, I need proper help as to get him to set properly rules.

Please give me ideas as to how to bring it up.

~Ginger

Guest Candy Minx ♡

Don't give hints. Just stright up be an adult and speak to him like one communication is key for every kind of relationship.

He can't read minds.

• Like 4

Pengu said it. You have to just straight up ask for a rule chart. Start with something small though, something easy for him and you both. That will help avoid the rule being changed or forgotten. Something you both enjoy.

My rules aren't written anywhere (but I've been with my Daddy a loooong time) but my favorite one is to greet him at the door on my knees everytime he comes home. Another is always waiting to walk from the car until Daddy has my hand. They're small rules that I love doing anyway and they make me feel so small and cared for, while he gets to feel like the Daddy Dom he is.

• Like 1

Hello

It is a simple thing... write them down as you are given them .. both put initials behind each. if it changes put a line through it and write and initial the new one then you have your rules and a gentle way to remind each other if there is a difference of opinion..

just a thought

Whispering-oak

Hey, you know- you don't need to have rules. You don't need to fully understand DDlg. You guys are young and while I think you should take this lifestyle seriously, you shouldn't take it too seriously.
I think you guys have a lot to learn and you will only learn thru experience. It sounds like you feel rules are needed and they are not. Is it something you want? Sure, but if he's having trouble creating rules and sticking to them, don't worry too much about them.

Like everyone else said, talk to him. Communication is key in any relationship. Never rely on hints! You will never get what you want!

So, don't rely on rules as if to add purpose to your relationship, because they don't, that's your ego speaking. Just talk to him and don't worry too much about rules! You are both new. Just explore and grow and have fun and love each other! Things like rules will start to evolve into your relationship and it will feel natural. Do not force your relationship along some predetermined path. Just go with what you got for now! It will come, I promise.

There are no certain set of rules for DDlg. Don't rely on some tumblr to learn about DDlg either, because people's opinions are not truth. Resources are good, but they are opinions. Grow in your relationship, learn from each other, and don't follow a playbook. You will get rules when both of you are ready to give and take them.

• Like 1

I agree with the above, the best way is to just tell him what you want. If you need to, sit down with him and give him some ideas of what you need rules for. His main goal for rules should be to give you guidance in your personal growth. So you can start with telling him what areas you want to grow in and discuss with him how you can accomplish that. You could also put punishments in place for the specific rules.