DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Ways to "come out" as a little?

ScarletNekolita

Hi everyone! I've discovered my inner little for quite some time now and have the best daddy ever (I know, everybody says that) but he's a long distance daddy now... I could really use some friends, and I know tumblr is a good place to find 'em. The only problem is, I already have a following on my blog that doesn't know I'm a little, and I don't wanna make a second one (in case someone might recognize me or something) 

Do you guys have any ideas how to "come out" as a little? Sorry if this is a silly question ;3; 

I wouldn't recommend tumblr for little stuff. I stopped using tumblr because I didn't like a lot of the triggered people, but then I thought "well a littlespace blog is going to be great because it's so focused on one thing!". Instead I would say it's worse, community-wise.

Everything is full of hate. (つ﹏<。) There's so much "if you identify as ___ then don't interact with me" bullshit, as well as banners on picture posts and just really hateful things. There's an entire community of blogs devoted to hating DDLG, as well as most of the sub-groups (yeah, until I got on tumblr I thought DDLG was one umbrella term, but there's A LOT of people that want nothing to do with it; despite already doing something very similar).

If none of that bothers you, then I don't think you have to worry about anyone recognizing you. Don't post pictures of yourself or your drawings and no one should be able to tell. Even if you have a million followers, just don't post anything that would give it away. If the blog is purely for littlespace things, and you don't show that side of yourself on your regular blog, then no one will know.

I'm also a little confused about your question. Do you want to come out to people in real life? On your blog?

I wouldn't recommend tumblr for little stuff. I stopped using tumblr because I didn't like a lot of the triggered people, but then I thought "well a littlespace blog is going to be great because it's so focused on one thing!". Instead I would say it's worse, community-wise.

Everything is full of hate. (つ﹏<。) There's so much "if you identify as ___ then don't interact with me" bullshit, as well as banners on picture posts and just really hateful things. There's an entire community of blogs devoted to hating DDLG, as well as most of the sub-groups (yeah, until I got on tumblr I thought DDLG was one umbrella term, but there's A LOT of people that want nothing to do with it; despite already doing something very similar).

If none of that bothers you, then I don't think you have to worry about anyone recognizing you. Don't post pictures of yourself or your drawings and no one should be able to tell. Even if you have a million followers, just don't post anything that would give it away. If the blog is purely for littlespace things, and you don't show that side of yourself on your regular blog, then no one will know.

I'm also a little confused about your question. Do you want to come out to people in real life? On your blog?

Ugh yeah, there's negativity everywhere. And sorry for the confusion, I meant on the blog :3 I was hoping to think of ways to bring it up mostly because I wanted to start drawing cute little things for fellow Little's and such. But I understand where you're coming from... Tumblr has been a train wreck recently with all the (pardon the expression) "special snowflake syndrome". Thank you for the insight though!

Ugh yeah, there's negativity everywhere. And sorry for the confusion, I meant on the blog :3 I was hoping to think of ways to bring it up mostly because I wanted to start drawing cute little things for fellow Little's and such. But I understand where you're coming from... Tumblr has been a train wreck recently with all the (pardon the expression) "special snowflake syndrome". Thank you for the insight though!

Oh okay! Yeah, if you really want to come out of the toy box on your blog I say just go for it. I mean, people know you're a furry (not saying there's anything wrong with that! c: ), what's another quirky personality trait to have? Just be careful that you don't know anyone from the blog IRL, or you might have to come out again to your friends/family, too. Just be ready to possibly lose some followers/get some hate.

Oh okay! Yeah, if you really want to come out of the toy box on your blog I say just go for it. I mean, people know you're a furry (not saying there's anything wrong with that! c: ), what's another quirky personality trait to have? Just be careful that you don't know anyone from the blog IRL, or you might have to come out again to your friends/family, too. Just be ready to possibly lose some followers/get some hate.

Thanks again! Yeah I'm kinda expecting some negativity... People tend to immediately dislike something they don't really understand ;3;