DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

naps

Princesspoopybutt

so i was getting tired earlier and decided to take a nap and it also stoped some bad feeling and i thought maybe the bad feeling were happening because i was tired so started wondering is there any mood other littles go through when they are getting tired or just need a nap Edited by Princesspoopybutt

Guest Princessaj

Great question, thanks for including us,

I myself am a "Power Napper."  I believe in the power of napping to help me keep healthy, mind, body and spirit.

Sometimes I can fall into a surface slumber/cat nap, when my body needs to refresh maybe 20-30 minutes.

I would say this kind of nap is sorta like taking a shower, to give me an extra boost.

Other times, my body just wants to shutdown for a few hours and I can't do anything to stop it.

I find that my immune system keeps me very aware of over doing, so as not to wear myself out.

Sleeping at night does all the heavy lifting for my body to fully recharge my core/battery.

All in all, I really try to listen to my body.

Bad feelings can be really disruptive to so many parts of my life. I know the drill that so many people, Drs, family, friends...say that nutrition, exercise, getting fresh air..are ways to get rid of bad feelings. I don't disagree, but there is a place and time for them and napping too.

You may want to consider working on your bad feelings with a mental health professional? I find it a safe place to explore my bad feelings, discover where they come from and how to manage them. All the best to you in little slumber land. Hugs

I have anxiety and being tired can definitely trigger my anxiety.So I'm very strict with my sleeping schedules. I also deal with chronic pain so naps are a must for me. If I don't nap during the day I get anxious, my pain gets worse, which then makes me emotional.. it's a mess.

I am the napping queen. I get super grumpy if I don't nap and always feel energized and happier after I nap. I get tired very quickly during the day and also sometimes when I feel over whelmed with big girl life, taking a nap with my fav teddy clears my head :) 

I'm a pretty huge napper! It's kinda like a hobby lol I'll nap for many many different reasons. Lots of stuff makes me sleepy. Head aches, pain, stress, upset tummy, depression, boredom, being tired, to relax, anxiety, fear, excitement, etc... When I'ma sleepy and needs naps/bedtimes really badly...I's turn into pure evil! So it sounds... At first I'll just be quietly grumpy, I'll quietly start to huff and puff and plop around, then I'll start to whine and groan and moan and whine and complain and groan and growl and and whine, and yell maybe and complain, and complain and complain and whine and growl, then maybe bite and lightly push pull and tug around, til finally Crying. Just crying until sleep... :ph34r: :unsure: :l I can't helps it... :(

Guest Kittykat2342
I nap all the time. When I'm in school, at home, in the bath....I've mastered sleeping with my eyes open...it hurts later. Napping is actually healthy for you. Being depressed leads to fatigue of the mind causing the feeling of physical tiredness. Sleeping can help change your thought process by simply shutting off for awhile. Besides nap time makes me less cranky in the morning.... especially getting up in a ungodly hour for school