DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Giving in on punishments

Johnny Hammersticks

For me it depends, if it was a minor thing she did, then I usually give in and would let her out of the punishment or she wouldn't have to complete the punishment. If it was something big, then I held firm and made her complete her punishment. Just a side note, but I think any time a little is punished, when the punishment is over, make sure you give her cuddles and affection and let her know you still love her and that you want her to be a good girl. Positive reinforcement is important :)

Guest littleloveslars
My daddy does not relent if i earned myself a punishment. But we are not ldr so that makes it easier to follow through.

Guest blumonkey
Just remember undergoing punishment - whether physical, mental, or a chore - is the act of forgiveness and being unconditionally forgiven. 

staying out late / missing bedtime without getting permission beforehand = early bedtime 

When you give in, the little is the dominant and you the submissive.

You can put it on her and give her the option and go with her punishment if it sounds fair: "Since you did XYZ, what punishment do you think you deserve?"

I for one never give writing lines as punishment as it's a waste of time, when she could be doing something productive, like an extra hour of study, withholding a reward/treat (get in the habit of prefacing future activities such as: **If you are a good girl**, we are going to the zoo... so you can later cancel/delay those plans as punishment ESPECIALLY if she balks at a lesser punishment)

If you and your partner have set rules and agreed upon punishments I dont believe that its OK to relent. I'm a non believer in rules but I understand many people need them as a part of their relationship.

Since rules are designed to help the little better themselves and work on issues that they feel they need to improve on the punishments are equally important. If you do not follow through with punishments because you little has sent you a nude... Thats showing your little you dont really care about their goals or development. Its also rather disrespectful of your little to try to get out of punishments that she agreed on. Especially as they are for her own good.

Punishments should also fit the crime. And if something is in the way of the punishment normally agreed on (for example if kneeling is a punishment but your little has injured themselves) then a temporary substitute punishment should take its place.

Guest BeMyBaby

My kitten and I see each other once a month and it's an airplane trip. I tend to rely on some discipline that can be administered without my presence because of that.

Impact play and punishment should happen soon after an infraction in my opinion. Yesterday I told her to stand in a corner for five minutes while she was at work and she didn't try to weasel out of it but she was so upset for disappointing me that I backed down from 20minutes to 5.

I believe punishments along with rewards are for the best. We all love giving rewards or even getting because it says they did something good. Punishments is needed to help improve pur little/give them structure and show rules should be followed.

Punishments in my opinion should fit the crime. I have given in before on a punishment but for something small because my little was being good for a good time without being punished so i let that punishment slide. For something major i wouldnt give in and dismiss the punishment. Because punishment are important in my eyes.

I'm not a daddy, but if we're talking over the phone I always pretend to be hurt (I say "ow" like a dying baby animal) and I always seem to get out of it. It's not a big issue for me. I think if you go ape on your punishments all day every day it's not good, just like never punishing her at all. 

My daddy always gives me the punishment I deserve. The only exception is when I feel really bad (stressed, depressed or anxiety)

I think it just depends on the relationship and what the couple needs/wants out of it some cgs are strict and some are push overs and that's ok so long as it works for both partners.