DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

BubblePuff

So I've made a few posts on my girlfriend being a switch but she has agreed to mostly be a dom for me since she is very insecure about being little.

She promised to make me rules but it's been about 5 days and she STILL isnt done.

We both go to school together and she doesnt want me to call her Mommy there which i understand, but she doesnt want me to act little in public around her at all, which is really hard!

And if I act little anyway, she pretends im not little.

It basically feels like she isnt really my dom, and that makes me sad.

5 days is not that long. And rules should be made by both partners. She needs your help with them so offer to sit down with her and talk over some things you would like implemented.

As got being open about your relationship in public... She's right in her wish to keep your dynamic private. You should never force your dynamic on innocent bystanders or behave in a way as to make others uncomfortable. While out in public you need to behave in a proper adult manor and keep more flamboyant little behaviors for private.

• Like 2

Princess-P is totally right about making rules together. If you want rules in your life, then you must be a part of making them. It should be an on-going discussion between you and your partner. It's very difficult for someone to come up with a list of rules on the spot without knowing what sorts of rules their partner wants/needs and how their partner would like it all implemented. It's best to write down rules together and discuss them.

Being in public and being completely open with everyone in public about your relationship dynamic is not everyone's cup of tea. I like a fair amount of PDA (okay...maybe a whole big lotta PDA) and I used to enjoy doing some subtle things with my partner in public that made me feel like his little (back when he was my CG), but I don't desire being completely in my little space when I'm in public. It would make me feel pretty bad if everyone I knew found out about my little side. She may feel the same about being a Domme. Some people are simply more private than others and that's unlikely to change. 

You also mention that she's very insecure about her little side and that she's a switch. Perhaps her needs aren't being fully met? I'm also a switch, and it would be difficult for me to never get to be submissive or never get to be dominant. Only getting to be one of those things would end in me feeling unfulfilled. Seems like it would be a good idea to talk to her more about her being a switch and what ways you can help fulfill her submissive needs as well as her dominant needs. And that would also be a good time to discuss how to get your own submissive needs met as well.

• Like 1

Guest blumonkey

I don't like a pre-fabricated list of rules. I make up rules individually when I feel one is needed. 

If I were in her position, I'd add a rule: no little/mommy style interactions in public with people you know. But, one can enjoy shocking strangers from time to time....

I tend to pick a little who could pass as my offspring (similar features) Over the years, I have had more than one little who totally gets a kick out of calling each other daddy and princess in public with no one around even suspecting a thing! And then sometimes doing something to each other that causes jaws to drop in shock.