DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

How to make my LD little feel better?

DDLGesus

I'm in a relationship with a little but its the first i've had that's long distance. She's been kind of down lately with mothers day being yesterday (Issues with her mom) i've been doing what I can but she still seems down and I'm not sure what to do, normally I would have a little day and go do fun things with her to get her mind off of it. But thats not really an option. I'm not used to working around the distance. Anyone have any suggestions?

If I were her, I would like a kik or facebook videochat. Long distance can really suck. Also could you send her a gift in the mail? PLuuusshhhhieessss????LOL That is what I would want but you know your little so that is an idea? I hope she gets to feeling better.

• Like 1

definitely a phone call or video chat will brighten her day

watch a movie/tv show together and text/kik/chat about it

definitely start gathering some ideas of things you may want to send her, they dont have to be expensive! a pack of stickers! a gel pen of her favorite color! a small stuffy! her favorite snack! ... write her a handwritten letter to mail with it! 

give her something to do for the day... tell her to venture off (if she can) and send u pictures and videos of her day. of her town... or even of her back yard, the park...?

"tuck her in" at night... make sure shes ready and laying down, maybe tell her a story... either on a call, video chat, or text/kik... remind her that u care for her and to message you/call you as soon as she wakes. 

also if u think she is depressed... remind her to eat, drink water, shower, brush her teeth... and change into new clothes. as sometimes its hard to care for ourselves if we are feeling low and our daddy/caregiver is not there to see that we are okay.

• Like 1

It's really tough when you don't know what to do. I'm sorry she doesn't feel too well. Holidays are really tough.

When I'm down, nothing helps like the sound of Daddy's voice. You could make an audio recording just her of her favorite fairytale/bedtime story. It could even be an audio roleplay type. I promise it'll send her right into Littlespace!

Or you can send a care package to her depending on how far you guys are apart. Little binkies, sippies, and coloring books and stickers can boost anyone's mood! 

Do you guys play MMOs? You could take a day to play online together.

This one is a bit silly, but you could color her a picture of her favorite thing(s)! Or write a poem or write a little story. It's not much, but it lets you know you're thinking about her.

When I'm upset my Daddy usually calls on the phone or FaceTime/Skype, but even keeping a conversation through texting makes me feel better!

I agree with sending a gift or watching a movie. If I'm feeling down when Daddy and I are together he lets me pick out a movie!

Over the Summer when I don't see Daddy we use Rabbit to watch things together. You can chat through messages or video/audio while you watch!

Hope this helps! Also send your little sweet messages! That always makes me happy and it's a kind gesture!