Multiplayer Games: Play together!

MrBonesWildRide

I'm making this a separate thread than the Video Games thread itself as this can be one where we suggest games that bigger groups of people can play together!

If you have a suggestion for a game night or game that a lot of people could play, feel free to suggest it here and we can set up a regular video game night. It would be really cool if we had a movie night and then a game night too.

All my games are on the PC, but I have Don't Starve Together, Dungeon Defenders, Garry's Mod, Killing Floor, Left 4 Dead 1 and 2, Dota 2, DayZ, TF2, and Terraria. These are all games that have a lot of people that can play them (Don't Starve/Dungeon Defenders have a cap on players at ~4 to my knowledge, but still).

We also have somewhat regular Cards Against Humanity games, which are great fun!

Terraria and Starbound don't *need* Hamachi if the person hosting knows how to forward ports! (Which isn't all that hard to be honest :p)
I've hosted servers for both of those for my friends in the past, the biggest problem is that an "always up" option would require a dedicated server, which costs $$!

hurr I was thinking this!!

I also have multi-player games; Don't starve together, Killing floor, left 4 dead(both), Starbound, Terarria, Borderlands 2, maple story, tera(those are mmos those), Portal 2, Sanctum 2, Damned, Dead Island: epidemic.

Terraria and Starbound don't *need* Hamachi if the person hosting knows how to forward ports! (Which isn't all that hard to be honest :p)

I've hosted servers for both of those for my friends in the past, the biggest problem is that an "always up" option would require a dedicated server, which costs $$!

Depending on the desire for the community to play terraria often, I could most definitely pay for that server!

Depending on the desire for the community to play terraria often, I could most definitely pay for that server!

Considering there's a Terraria updating coming (or already here? I haven't been keeping up) it might be worth looking into. And something about a new Terraria game? Not Terraria 2, I forget the name. But it looks pretty interesting!

(There's also Minecraft and it's millions of mods that can be interesting as well, but I'm not sure that's for everyone :p)

There's starbound, which is similar to terraria. It's more of a futuristic game. I'll start asking around and seeing how many fairly active people we could get onto a server and I will plan accordingly!
  • Like 1

There's starbound, which is similar to terraria. It's more of a futuristic game. I'll start asking around and seeing how many fairly active people we could get onto a server and I will plan accordingly!

I honestly LOVE Starbound way better than terraria.

I never did get to try Maple Story but I really enjoyed Tera. There's also Perfect World. I used to play that back in 2008/2009.

Maple story I played for about 8 years~ I realllly loved it and it's super cute and adorable if you ever want to try it out :3

PW I played once but didn't get the hang of it. Tera gosh those elins xD

Guest kittycandy's Daddy

I've had steam for some time now, I think this year is my 11th. I'd love to have a game some time with you all.

I've played everything from cs 1.6 to minecraft, terraria, dota and left for dead, just send me a friend request: wildstyle_aus

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It seems most of us have terraria so we should definitely have a game this weekend.

I'm up for running a Terraria server too. But I can't run Terraria and Starbound at the same time that I'm playing my own games. I can only do so much :ph34r:

I have Terraria but have never played. I'll have to figure out my Steam log in but I would be so down to play!

• 2 weeks later...

I'd honestly love to see us all join together a few nights and hammer out a Terraria game for a while

I've always been a bigger fan of Terraria than Minecraft, it just feels like a better expirence altogether. Theres also a fair might more content to Terraria, so theres more for us to do. Playing through a game together with Terraria is just more fun to me I suppose, iunno.

Starbound and I don't really see eye to eye. I was an early supporter but the devs have decided to go at about half the pace of a Glacier when it comes to development, and we're STILL waiting on a number of core features. Not to mention the pacing of Starbound is about as slow as a crayon melting on the fucking arctic and you end up with a poorly-paced mess. Don't get me wrong, the content thats there isn't bad, its just presented horribly and the devs seem to have no rush in fixing this anytime soon. So if we all do gather together to play it at some point, i'd be down, but I'm in no rush to reinstall it truth be told.

• 2 weeks later...

Dungeon Defenders, Garry's Mod, Killing Floor, Left 4 Dead 1 and 2, Dota 2, DayZ, TF2, and Terraria and Starbound.

I have all these games!

Go ahead and add me on Steam if you like! I am Magicman! If you have trouble finding me I'll try and add you back when I get the chance.

• Like 1