DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Any metal fans here ?

Guest Mister Tim

Guest Mister Tim

I was just wondering if any of you guys like metal.

I'd love to hear what kind of bands you like. My personal favourites right now are Dark Tranquillity, Soilwork, Trivium and Parkway Drive but I'm listening to a lot more.

Guest bumy

Yes I like metal/hard rock/punk!

My favourite bands are: Sabaton, Within Temptation, Rammstein, Disturbed, Powerwolf.  But I'm listening to a lot more too!

(I wanted to list Evanescence as well, but I don't like their renewed formation, and their last album wasn't good in my opinion.)

Edited by bumy

Guest Mister Tim
I'm going to a Sabaton concert this month. I'm not a huge Sabaton fan anymore but yeah I'm looking forward to it especially because Equilibrium is there as a support act and Stahlzeit(a Rammstein Cover band).

Guest bumy

I've only seen Sabaton once live, but I've fallen in love! Joakim has a great voice!

I don't know Stahlzeit, but I'm going to check them out, they seem cool!

Guest Bunnyblossom

I used to love Trivium. Idk if it's uncool to like Slipknot nowadays but they'll always have a place in my heart.

I also like/d Korn- are they metal though? Because in that case I like System of a Down too.

Edited by MilkPop

Older metallica, megadeth, and mostly pantera. Thrash was alright for me, as long as its not a bunch of literal screaming all the way through and I hear some lyrics. I also don't like anything too dramatic or serious sounding. Overall, I prefer more rock genres than metal.

Guest Mister Tim
System of a Down should be alternative metal if I'm not mistaken and I think that slipknot is a great band. I don't care if they are mainstream I just like their music.

lol i use to be a lil goth (once a goth always a goth lbh) so slipknot was always my fav, mudvayne, s.o.a.d idk if you're considering it, rammstein, and can i just say love metal too bc i love h.i.m

Guest daddy's_little_shadow

Slipknot, Rammstein, Lamb of God, Pantera, Korn, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Five Finger Death Punch, Black Label Society, Tool, System of a Down, Eyehategod, etc...just a bunch of different bands. I don't even pay attention to genre. A lot of what I listen to was influenced by my older brother who used to listen a lot of metal when I was little, and he got me into it. I've been headbanging since the age of 5.

I listen to a lot of other stuff, too, like hardcore punk and some riot grrrl stuff. It really just depends on my mood, I guess.

Guest Mister Tim
I'm actually planning to go to an Architects concert next month and while she sleeps is there as an support act. Edited by Mister Tim

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hi I'm Dad

Yes! I love metal, I actually play in a metal band! I mainly listen to deathmetal, deathcore, and metalcore. I love all other metal genres though some bands i like are..

Silent Planet

The devil wears Prada

August burns red

A wake in Providence

Lorna Shore

Metallica

Black Tongue

Thy art is murder

And so much more I actually go to quite a bit of shows.

Guest _LittleKat_

Omg yes! Power, folk and black are my favorite! ^_^

Behemoth, Sabaton, Ensiferum, Dark funeral, Mushroomhead, Amon Amarth, Brothers of metal, Powerwolf and lots more!

• 11 months later...

I like metal! I listen to bands like Slipknot, Motionless in White, Alesana (the emptiness album is amazing), older BMTH music, when they were still hardcore, Vampires Everywhere!, Arch Enemy, Limp Biskuit and Asking Alexandria, and of course, many more!!

Edited by Little-one-xo

Guest QueenJellybean

BABY METALHEADSSSSS.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES.

i am a massively large Opeth fan. progressive metal is my jaaaaam.

i also really like bloodbath, myrkur, pantera, porcupine tree,

gojira, katatonia, meshuggah, mastodon, & behemoth. 

black metal & technical death metal just make me fuckin' happy, man.

Oh Yes! Im a fan of Symphonic Metal!

Nightwish, Epica, Delain are my favorites. And Tarja Turunen, the Goddess of them all

Nightwish is coming to Argentina very soon! I will see them for the first time! :)

Edited by Juan_OceanSoul

• 1 month later...

Eeeee. Jelly we have lots of bands i common. Also I have an Opeth tattoo ^^

I would give a crucial limb to see Bloodbath live. XD

Guest BatsyTheEyeballQueen

I like metal, I have a whole bunch of favorite bands such as Otep, Crypt, Metallica, Lazarus Sin, Slayer, Pantera, Anthrax, Blessed Death, Korn, Avenged Sevenfold, Steel Prophet, disturbed, Rammstein, Cradle of filth, Blind Guardian, Led Zepplin, Carcass, ACDC, Blitzkrieg, Infernäl Mäjesty

Oof, the list goes on and on X3

Guest Longlegs

While I will listen to whatever sounds good, metal is what I've got the longest history with.
Favorite genres would be black, doom & heavy. Favorite bands, though?
Well, according to my listening history, top 10 would be Reverend Bizarre, Black Sabbath, Melvins, Venom, Darkthrone, Iron Maiden, Bolt Thrower, Sargeist, Dissection, and Bathory.
Out of date as it is, I'm perfectly fine with that lineup.

Any Acid Bath fans? I miss them. :'(

Good tracks to check out:

Dead Venus Blue

Bleed Me An Ocean

Dead Girl

Mortician's Flame

The Blue

Tranquilized

I like all thier stuff really. Later album was less grrr and more melodic overall. I like that they were metal but had eclectic influences. There was more to thier sound than just screaming but still agressive and powerful.

Daxx is an amazing vocalist. Love Agents of Oblivion, Deadboy and the Elephantmen, and his solo stuff (post Acid Bath) as well, but it's completeeeely different. Actually every album he does is pretty much a different sound than the last. Went super stoner mellow for a while, classic rock vibe a while, then more hard rock.

Little metal fans might get a kick out of the Kawaii Metal song by Riff Shop on Youtube. Also might enjoy the group Baby Metal which is like super adorable anime music mixed with metal (also can be found on Youtube).