• Hours
  • Minutes
  • Seconds
🥳 🎉 🎅 🎄 🤶

Hi, I'm brand new!

Guest ImCody

Guest ImCody

Hi, my name is Cody.

I looked around the site for most of the night, and while it was really insightful reading everyone's posts, it was also really confusing for me. If I had to describe myself, I guess I would say that I would be a switch...maybe...possibly. Either way, I think I lean more towards little.. a lot more. Maybe it's because it is so new to me, I'm not sure. Today is the first time I've ever experienced being in little space, and at first I thought I was failing to do it right, but later on I suddenly realized how much less stressed I felt and how calm I was, like I suddenly remembered I actually had loads of responsibilities I'd have to get back to. The time passed so fast, so I was a little disappointed.. My friend caught me coloring and teased me a little as well, but that's okay..lol. I guess I'm just confused because I'm not sure about it for me. I am a boy after all, and a quick search of this sight confirms my suspicion that most littles are girls. I have tried to go into little space before and ended up feeling really embarrassed even though I was completely alone. In short, why do I feel embarrassed, I guess? It would be helpful if someone could help provide insight on this. I consider myself very independent, I am very hard working, and a lot of people rely on me for emotional support. Perhaps it just feels wrong for me to suddenly slip out of that mindset, even though it relieves so much stress and made me feel happy, content, and even cute (GAH!) Anyway, that's all really complicated and I am not sure I was supposed to include it in an intro, but it's definitely what I would like to explore a little more on this site..

A little more about me to make it more intro-ey :) ... I am a student and I also work. I am really into all kinds of things. I love studying people sciences. I like to play sports and play music. I can't really say what little activities I'll like for sure, but I was pretty content coloring tonight haha.. I colored for like two hours. I also watched Finding Dory with my friend, I love Disney/Pixar movies.. Monster's Inc. is my favorite! Or maybe Open Season is.. 

All I have left to say is that I'm super shy about this and was really nervous to post.. So I hope what I wrote made sense. Thanks for taking the time to read  :)

Hey I love Monsters Inc, too!! Well, I can say welcome to the forums! For now, I would suggest not worrying about a label for yourself. You don't have to label what you are as long as you're happy.

A little can be anything or anyone. As far as gender goes, in a sense I don't think it's any different than littles having different interests. Everybody is different! There's littles who are cis girls, cis boys, trans girls, trans boys, genderfluid, etc. Sure a lot of us are girls, but another common theme with littles (for example) is liking the color pink and glitter! There's people who don't like those things, too, though.

We can all say that there are certain things that a little is "supposed" to be, or things that a little "typically" is, but what good does that do?

I may be a girl, but I certainly don't fit into the typical mould that you see being tossed around as to what "most littles" are. I find that people are much happier when they're not trying to fit into a mould, and instead focus on doing the things that make them happy, not the things they think they "should" be doing.

In short: be you. Color those pictures! Watch those movies! Be cute! If that makes you happy, then don't be embarrassed about it. And if there's something that you see a lot of littles doing (but don't want to do it yourself) then don't do it! This is all totally up to you and your preference.

I think it's great to have more diversity on the forums here, and maybe by being a part of our community, you can inspire someone else who might not think they belong :3 Welcome to the forums, and I hope you stay a while.

I really hope this is legible. It's WAAAAY past my bedtime as I write this.

Guest ImCody

Thank you for the detailed response. :) I will try not to worry too much about labeling myself for now. It'll be a process figuring out what I like and don't, but I'll get there. Thanks again!

Ooooookay! First of all, welcome!!! I really hope you love it here because it's super nice and welcoming and fun ^_^

Second, please don't be afraid to be you! I'm a little who's really, really new to it. I only even found out about the whole 'scene' when I met someone on tumblr a couple days before I joined here. Until then, I just thought I was weird! Truth is, I don't really go into 'littlespace', because I can't afford the time or freedom to do so. Instead, I just let myself indulge in things that make me feel little without *being* little. Things like playing with toys or reading a children's book or watching cartoons. By most definitions, I'm doing it 'wrong', but guess what? There's no right way (really. There's a whole thread about it somewhere on the site.)  Not wearing diapers? Oh well. Not a girl? Hey little guy! Don't like pacifiers? So? Be you, do you, do what you feel is right for you, and screw whoever tells you you're 'doing it wrong'. They need some littlespace time of their own.

As for most littles being girls, you may be surprised. We definitely have a few boys on here as well, and some switches, as well as a few genderfluid littles. Gender doesn't really matter so much as mindset, and I think society just has more acceptance for girls being more 'childish', so we tend to be more willing to accept that side of ourselves. 

Also, don't worry about being shy. This site tends to draw you out of your shell really well. When I joined, I was scared to write my intro post and took ages to do it. Now I post everywhere, probably in some places I shouldn't XD

Guest ImCody

Hi minahbird! Thanks for the response. I think you're right that society is far less accepting of men having a childish side. I will keep all that you said in mind, thanks! I'm not so worried about doing things "wrong" as I am the fact that it embarrasses me so much to do anything at all. Also, I'm actually not that shy! But I'm really shy about this side of me that I'm only just coming to understand/accept. Thanks again for writing me :)