DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Feeling abandoned...

curlyheadspace

Hi

My Daddy hasn't replied to my messages for more than a day now and I feel so sad and abandoned. I am pretty sure I did nothing wrong. Is it normal for little/babygirl to feel this way or am I just weird and overreacting? And do your Daddies do something like this to you? How do you react in such situations?

If it's been more than a day and there's no explanation I don't think you're in the wrong for feeling this way and I sure as Hell don't think you're overreacting, but, I will still say try not to think of the worst - maybe something drastic really has happened and he's unable to contact you. 

My daddy doesn't do this to me, he makes a conscious effort to message me every day - even if he is busy, which is why a situation like this is somewhat worrying to me. Do you know what ghosting is? I think perhaps you should look that up and become informed on it. In fact, I think there's a thread about ghosting on this forum somewhere.

First consider if he is reading the messages, if he isn't reading them then he may be busy. The worst sign you can see is that he reads your messages, but never says anything back. However, if he doesn't even have time to read your messages there is a chance he could be busy. After a few days without reply though I think it is possible he is just ghosting on you. Communication is key and if he isn't communicating with you that is his fault, so don't blame yourself.

Yeah, I would wait a bit more before calling ghosting on this one. Although I would prefer sending and getting messages from my (hypothetical) little every day, it's unfortunately not something that can always be done. So my advice would be to send him some new messages (alternatively using different forms of communication), and only act if those are not returned within a few days.

I know how you feel one minute daddy is texting me then the next he's not I text him he haven't text back I can sleep with out a good night text from him Edited by Avia

I have the same issue with missing Daddy. I haven't gone a full day without contact with my current Daddy but I have to say I sometimes, he can be busy but he will always get back to you . If he doesn't *hugs* time to find a new Daddy.

• 2 weeks later...

I really understand feeling like this can be crappy at times, but just try to think positively and look on the brighter side. Something may have happened you dont know about, or maybe hes just busy. But if he did end up just upping and leaving without messaging you and at least telling you, then just know that there's always someone out there for you who will be 100 times better than the last.  :heart:  ^_^

It doesn't sound like it's normal but you need to consider whether this is out of character for him? I certainly wouldn't dissappear without first telling my little that I was going to be out of contact for whatever period of time, I think it's only polite and respectful to the other person. I do know how this feels though because my little will often do this, I'm currently enduring my second day without any word of where she is, if she's ok or anything. So I know how you feel and sympathise!

DB