DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Healthy Sweets

♡Camille♡

Hi everyone!! Like most littles I superty duperty love sweets except I have a problem with over eating so it's very dangerous for me to eat sweets. I know there are some yummy popcorns on the market, but besides that there's not much else I know of. I was just wondering if people knew any healthy sweets?

• Like 1

I have a recipe saved on Pinterest to make homemade fruit roll-ups. Since they're made straight from fruit puree, I'd think that they're healthier than the gummy kind in stores.

I second this! I make these all the time, and they're DELICIOUS.

I second this! I make these all the time, and they're DELICIOUS.

I third this. I've had them many times before! It's awesome to eat.

I have a recipe saved on Pinterest to make homemade fruit roll-ups. Since they're made straight from fruit puree, I'd think that they're healthier than the gummy kind in stores.

I'm definitely gonna have to try this!!

Guest curious-babydoll
I really like bananas and crunchy peanut butter if you cut the bananas in half then put them on a stick you can melt down dark chocolate and mix it with granola, nuts, whatever really and then dip it and freeze it :) it's like a Popsicle.

A friend posted this on my facebook page instead of dipping the ape in caramel she dunked it in peanut butter. 

Looks yummy though, and looks a bit different to plain cut apple

post-1564-0-08486700-1431315060_thumb.png

Guest Foxling

I also like fruit as a healthy snack, as well as carrots, celery, things like that. Raisins are a good one too, and nuts. But I've always been more of a savoury kind of person than a sweettooth, so salty gets me a lot happier than sweet, and I know that's not the case for a lot of people ;) 

• 1 month later...
Guest Strawberry
The Minimalist Baker has a recipe for fruit compotes that can go on anything! I put it on waffles but I am sure they would be a healthy alternative to chocolate sauce on ice cream or as a dip substitue for caramel that comes with apple slices.

• 2 months later...

Grins,  I like peanut butter on celery sticks. Its fun to put on and yummy to eat

I do this too! (and call them ants on a log too >.<)

My personal favorites on the healthy side (these do require some preparation, though):

-Velveeta Shells and Cheese!! (The boxed type or the more homemade version which just uses velveeta cheese)

-Baked Mozzarella Cheese Sticks (Freezer section type, OR tossing some cheese sticks in breading and baking is super yummy! Link for a recipe here.)

-Carrots or green peppers cut up with ranch!

-Mini bagels with strawberry cream cheese!! Just the fact that they're mini sets me over the edge <3...aldi's sells these

-Peanut Butter and Jelly! Duh!! (uncrustables are awesome for lunches if in a pinch)

-Homemade ice cream makes me feel special! My bio dad makes this for me sometimes, and lets me help! It's pretty fun, and definitely something I'd like to do with my dom someday! I know this isn't entirely healthy, but it's a nice treat, and somewhat better for you then prepackaged preserved ice cream and treats. Homemade sorbet is definitely less calories and even tastier to me at least!

If you want a treat OUT with your dom, I would recommend frozen yogurt! 

Dried fruit is basically my candy. Dried mangos are my very favorite. Also, frozen mangos specifically from Trader Joe's amazing. Other frozen mangos aren't nearly as good.

Apple sauce with cinnamon is delicious and nutritious, as are apple chips. Baked apples are a great alternative to apple pie. 

Frozen grapes are kind of like popsicles and make a great warm weather snack. 

I love this the idea behind this thread so I'm sure I'll be back with more suggestions.  :D

i don't like healthy foods :( i have gotten better at eating veggies and fruits though. but stuff like rice cakes, cottage cheese, granola, raisins, cooked fruit in general, peanut butter, i don't like :( do you guys all just force it down? that doesn't seem like much of a treat for me.. i just try to eat less of the bad stuff i like and keep downing veggies..

We are all different. So just because something works for someone doesnt mean it will work for you. So to say that something is healthy, well.. that depends on who is eating it.

For example, my body is shitty at processing carbs. So ricecrackers isnt healthy for me. But meat and a lot of butter is. Other people thrive on a vegan diet and their bodys cant handle The amount of fat i eat.

So find things to eat that make you feel good, not what other people asume are good for you.

I can't eat refined sugar so every sweet I eat now is home made with eaither honey or sweet leaf (stevia) or maple sugar

home made ice cream, home made peanut butter cups, home made choclet, last night we made brownie cookies,

in the ways of healthy sweets some times I eat grnoal that we get from the harvest fest in our area or yougert with fruit at the bottom

or naked smoothies (thats the brand name is naked)

• 3 weeks later...
I really like Mangos so eating dried mangoes or even raisins is really good and healthy! They're both sweet and good for you too! There's also sesame sticks with honey and those are sweet and heathy too!

I really like Mangos so eating dried mangoes or even raisins is really good and healthy! They're both sweet and good for you too! There's also sesame sticks with honey and those are sweet and heathy too!

Just be careful to make sure you are getting 100% dried fruit or Raisins raisnins are known to be coated in extra sugar so read the ingreadents carefully

• 7 years later...

yogurt parfaits are so much fun to make plus they’re rly good for u! i like to layer mine like this: jam, yogurt, chia seeds, berries, granola, honey, repeat. i also love overnight oats! i like to mix 1/2 cup of thick rolled oats, 1/2 cup whole milk, 1/2 cup yogurt, berries, chia seeds, honey, and cinnamon. i made some last night for my D with strawberries cut into hearts and lotsss of blackberries, and he took it to work to eat there. overnight oats are nice too cause u don’t have to wake up early to make breakky! plus u can make different recipes for oats, like triple-berry and cream, pbj, lemon bars, banana n chocolate, blueberry muffin— any flavor combo u can turn into overnight oats! they’re nice for littles who don’t want to or can’t cook stovetop, as u just put the ingredients together and the oats soften overnight.

glitter n hugs!

- Bee