#61 Little-one-xo

Little-one-xo

Little Brat

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 65 posts
    • LocationLondon

Posted 10 June 2018 - 12:30 PM

Hi, I'm Nicole and i share our love for yorkshire puddings! I am from South Africa but have been in London since last year. i live in King's Cross and hope we can be friends!

#62 Rob

Rob

• Members
    • Pip
    • 9 posts
    • LocationEast Anglia, UK

Posted 04 July 2018 - 12:54 PM

I am from the UK too! I agree yorkshire puddings are the best, but..... Buuuuut.... Aunt bessies are an attrocity. Just awful. Not a patch on home made! I have a recipe that never fails me: first of all, heat thr yorkshire pudding tray with a little oil in each hole. Heat at 200°c. Then.... Get a jug. Weigh an egg. Whatever the egg weighs, that's how much flour and milk you need. The egg will be around 50g.... But if you weigh it, the mix never fails. If it is 50g, put 50g plain flour in a jug with a oinch of salt. Add the egg. Slowly add 50g milk. Mix until smooth. Tray out of the oven, pour in the mix, straight back in the oven. Do not open the oven door while cooking. That's it! They are done when they are golden, around 15 mins for standard size yorkshires. Do that and you'll never buy them again. You know, each time you buy a pack of ready made yorkshires, a fairy dies. Don't hurt the fairies.... Make your own yorkshires.

Things I like about living here....
    - You're never far from the beach
    - you don't have to go far for massive changes of scenery. One minute in beautiful countryside, the next at the seaside, the next in a big city where you can shop till your heart's content.
    - The humour... The strange, awful humour.
    - And of course, yorkshire puddings. And real cheddar cheese. And scotch eggs. Roast dinners, curries, chips, ice creams at the seaside, cadburys chocolate

As others have alluded though, there are downsides. The jeremy kyle show and love island being two of them!

#63 Angelcakes17

Angelcakes17

• Banned
    • PipPip
    • 15 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 12:17 PM

Hii I'm from Leeds, I love Yorkshire pudding and I also like the diversity in the UK😁

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: UK, Yorkshire Pudding Friends

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users