• Please log in to reply
    14 replies to this topic

#1 cherrylipgloss

cherrylipgloss

• Members
    • Pip
    • 7 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:51 AM

What’s your favorite bedtime story? My papa reads me to sleep every night, and I’m trying to find new stories for him to read, please suggest! ^-^
    • starsandlove likes this

#2 Alaskan Daddy

Alaskan Daddy

Alaskan Daddy For Long Distance Little

• Members
    • Pip
    • 9 posts
    • Locationalaska

Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:10 AM

has he read "Corduroy"?

#3 princessbrittykitty

princessbrittykitty

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 26 posts
    • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:29 PM

The Gruffalo is mine and Daddy's go to story 

Daddy's lil bubbe

giphy.gif

#4 Aces

Aces

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 26 posts
    • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:19 PM

Um... I’m a librarian, I’m pretty sure I can help. Lol. What type of books do you like? Pig the Pug is very popular right now at my elementary school and Pig the Elf which even I laugh at when I’m at work. But for bed I would recommend any of the classics like Hidi, Little House On The Prarie, Alice, The Nutcracker, Velveteen Rabbit, Anne of Green Gables, Black Beauty, Madeline, I Need My Monster (not scary,) Pinkalicious series (highly recommend,) Dragons Love Tacos, Where the Wild Things Are, If You Give A Mouse A Cookie, The Book With No Pictures, The Gruffalo, The Great Nirsery Rhyme Disaster, anything by Mercer Mayer.

My all time favorite book is The Bear Under the Stairs but it might be hard to find as it was published in the 90s, I read the copy I had as a kid to at school a few times a year. The key to story time especially for bedtime is fluency, if a story is read well it will do the trick, trying chapter books might help stretch things out between picture books so you won’t have to search for new things as often. Some of the books I recommended are a little silly but sometimes you need that before bed to go to sleep happy.

Happy reading!

#5 Mr F'ing Grinch

Mr F'ing Grinch

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 123 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:50 PM

Saved for later hehe!!

#6 cherrylipgloss

cherrylipgloss

• Members
    • Pip
    • 7 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:57 PM

The Gruffalo is mine and Daddy's go to story 

Will def try this one out!

Um... I’m a librarian, I’m pretty sure I can help. Lol. What type of books do you like? Pig the Pug is very popular right now at my elementary school and Pig the Elf which even I laugh at when I’m at work. But for bed I would recommend any of the classics like Hidi, Little House On The Prarie, Alice, The Nutcracker, Velveteen Rabbit, Anne of Green Gables, Black Beauty, Madeline, I Need My Monster (not scary,) Pinkalicious series (highly recommend,) Dragons Love Tacos, Where the Wild Things Are, If You Give A Mouse A Cookie, The Book With No Pictures, The Gruffalo, The Great Nirsery Rhyme Disaster, anything by Mercer Mayer.

My all time favorite book is The Bear Under the Stairs but it might be hard to find as it was published in the 90s, I read the copy I had as a kid to at school a few times a year. The key to story time especially for bedtime is fluency, if a story is read well it will do the trick, trying chapter books might help stretch things out between picture books so you won’t have to search for new things as often. Some of the books I recommended are a little silly but sometimes you need that before bed to go to sleep happy.

Happy reading!

Omg! So many good ones, thanks!

#7 LittleKitten13

LittleKitten13

Part Cat

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 112 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:00 PM

What’s your favorite bedtime story? My papa reads me to sleep every night, and I’m trying to find new stories for him to read, please suggest! ^-^

YOU CALL YOUR DADDY PAPA TOO?!  I don't think I've seen any other littles who call their caregiver papa.  Mine is papa.  He reads to me sometimes.

I really like The Snow Queen fairy tale...and all kinds of fairy tales, to be honest.  I found a website at one point with fairy tales.  If you'd like, I could get you the link to it.  They're all just written out kinda like a blog post, so you can read them.

#8 Mr F'ing Grinch

Mr F'ing Grinch

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 123 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:14 PM

Please link the stories i have a story-time thread where I have a dozen or so stories recorded!  

#9 cherrylipgloss

cherrylipgloss

• Members
    • Pip
    • 7 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:54 PM

YOU CALL YOUR DADDY PAPA TOO?!  I don't think I've seen any other littles who call their caregiver papa.  Mine is papa.  He reads to me sometimes.

I really like The Snow Queen fairy tale...and all kinds of fairy tales, to be honest.  I found a website at one point with fairy tales.  If you'd like, I could get you the link to it.  They're all just written out kinda like a blog post, so you can read them.

YES! I never see anyone else call their caregivers papa, we like it because it's much more affectionate for us!! Omg, please link! We've been using storyberries and then there's always bedtimeshortstories so I can listen when he's not around

Edited by cherrylipgloss, 15 November 2017 - 11:55 PM.

• LittleKitten13 likes this

#10 cherrylipgloss

cherrylipgloss

• Members
    • Pip
    • 7 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:25 AM

Please link the stories i have a story-time thread where I have a dozen or so stories recorded!  

Here's a couple of my favorites!

http://storyberries....ree-doof-doofs/

http://storyberries....ho-wouldnt-try/

http://storyberries....ingerbread-man/

http://storyberries....he-golden-bird/

http://storyberries....ouis-stevenson/

#11 Babycee

Babycee

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 11 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:47 AM

Corduroy! It's my favorite childhood story, it's a classic :3

#12 Prima-Donna

Prima-Donna

Baby Doll

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 43 posts
    • LocationCandyland

Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:57 PM

The rainbow fish, Arnie the doughnut, the birthday monsters, and the hungry caterpillar are some of my all time favorites!
    I love cats!

#13 Brokenporcelain

Brokenporcelain

Elegant Little Lady

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 25 posts
    • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 18 November 2017 - 02:36 AM

The Velveteen Rabbit is a story I cherish with all my heart.

The world is still beautiful because of people like you.

#14 Lilkitten12

Lilkitten12

• Members
    • Pip
    • 4 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 03:40 AM

I like skippy Jon jones! He's so funny- he's a Siamese kitten that thinks he's really a chihuahua.

I liked reading long stories with my Daddy so I could snuggle up and use my imagination- we read all the Chronicles of Narnia books- that was really fun - I love those books

#15 LittleKitten13

LittleKitten13

Part Cat

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 112 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 01:14 AM

YES! I never see anyone else call their caregivers papa, we like it because it's much more affectionate for us!! Omg, please link! We've been using storyberries and then there's always bedtimeshortstories so I can listen when he's not around

That is super awesome!

Here's this. https://americanlite...es-for-children

Then I also found this one because I forgot what the website was, and it looks good as well!  https://www.worldoftales.com/

Good luck!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Stories, bedtime, sleep, night

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users