Doctor Who Talk

Guest DominantBlogger

My favorite Doctor is just The Doctor. What I like so much about him is how varied a character he is due to the different actors playing him. All have their highs and lows for me. I know it's kind of a cop out to say I like them all. I guess usually the one I feel like I like the most is whoever the current one is. Really enjoying Peter Capaldi atm. This years x-mas episodes was tits.

• Like 3

A tie between David Tennant and Math Smith :p though the 7th doctor is rather cool only cus I like his companions also 

The 9th (Christopher Eccleston) is my favorite, Because this doctor was a bit depressed, and when you understand what he had to get through you understand him and why he is unpleasant.
In the seoncd place the 11th (Matt Smith)  
I also like the 5th (and 
Peter Davison) (but I haven't seen a lot of episodes with him).

We all change.
When you think about it, we're all different people all through our lives, and that's okay, that's good, you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this. Not one day. I swear. I will always remember when the Doctor was 
me

• 2 weeks later...
Tenant. He had some of the most entertaining adventures and got the some of the best companions. So sad he didnt get to meet the Ponds :<

Hard.  I love the 9th because he was my first but I love the 10th.  He won me over by quoting the Lion King in his first episode. But, I just finished my cosplay of the 4th for Con upcoming. :)

• Like 1

I'm new to group, but this is the first place I thought to post. As you can probably tell, I'm a devote Whovian. As to my favorite - hands down - Number 4. He was my first, and as the saying goes, you never forget your first Doctor.

Paul McGann and Colin Baker are my perpetual faves but mostly for the audios.

In purely television terms I love Eccleston, he's absolutely amazing.

I would have to say either McGann, Baker or Tennant... Honestly I think Baker takes it though. He is just amazing <3

Guest thatlittlerebella

Tom Baker is my Doctor. Peter Davison, Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant are also actors that I've liked seeing play the Doctor, especially Eccleston and Tennant. I can't entirely add Matt Smith to my list but! I liked how much he grew as an actor and the Doctor from his first episode to the regeneration. I had such high hopes when Capaldi was announced as the next Doctor, but I feel that he's sort of fallen short. Only three episodes really had me going "yes, yes!" this last season and those three were: "Mummy On The Orient Express," "Dark Water" and "Death in Heaven." I really think the reason why Capaldi hasn't had a real shot to grow on me is because Jenna Coleman is overshadowing him and it's a shame. Hopefully next season is better and Coleman finally gets replaced. 

Tom Baker is THE Baker <3 XD

I dunno I really prefer Colin out of the two :p

I missed most of the last series, I loved Capaldi but I was really busy :(

• Like 1

Matt Smith is my all time favourite doctor, although I only really started watching when David Tennant played the Doctor; I still prefer Peter Capaldi as my second favourite though. At first, I really disliked the last series but I got into it around the third episode...

• 1 month later...

Christopher Eccleston's doctor was by far my favorite.

He's distanced but not cold and corky but not off putting. His story lines were topnotch too! 

Not to mention he was my first and you never forget your first Doctor.

William Hartnell also has a special place in my heart being the one to start it all. He laid the ground work for what Dr.Who would become.   

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Scottishdaddy
I wonder if perhaps more Troughton episodes were available that more people might like him. Considering the time he was around, the height of the swinging sixties, and the Beatles all the rage,a mop topped doctor with a brawny Scotsman and catsuit clad petite space girl might be more remembered. Saying that,I can't pick any one doctor. They all have something to recommend them.
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I love the 9th because he was my first but I love the 10th.  He won me over by quoting the Lion King in his first episode.

Same here! I hadn't seen the original series so when 9 regenerated I was freaking out.. Until 10 quoted Lion King lol I think it was the same for a lot of people. And really, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the whole point of him quoting that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I grew up watching the show. It was my grandfather's favorite. I think Tom Baker will always be *my* doctor.

Christopher Eccleston is often overlooked as a great doctor. He is the one who brought the show back, imo.

• Like 1

Guest CharlieFPG

I'm going to go with 8th Doctor, War Doctor, Ninth and Tenth. I haven't seen much of 12th but I can guess Capaldi is doing a great job.

Althought 11th Doctor was my first Doctor and The Doctor's Wife the first chapter I ever saw.

• 2 weeks later...
Gosh...my favorite would have do be Tennant 100%!! I just bought the pop vinyl figure of him the other day. Whose everyone's favorite companions though? And villain? I personally can't stand the cybermen, they annoy me....but that's just my opinion. What's everyone else think?

Sooooo, I went to a local Comicon a few days ago where there were quite a few Doctor Who guests. Nicola Bryant was really nice and chatted with me about Peri And The Piscon Paradox (Apparently one of the BF writers had to pull over because he was crying when he listened to it!!). Colin Baker was really nice, he had a little donation box for his local dog shelter by his table and was asking people to put spare change in it, I think Peter Purves was also collecting for charity too. 

Peter Purves was really nice, I was a little sad because he said his favourite story was "The Massacre" and that there aren't any clips of it left. He mentioned during his panel something that feeds into what Scottishdaddy said on the last page, there aren't a lot of clips for Ben, Polly, (Or Steven by comparison) which means that these fantastic companions are often overlooked. :(

Samuel Anderson, who plays Danny in the new series was there as well, he was really friendly and nice to everyone. A small girl asked him which actor he'd like to work with and he said "Well, you told me earlier you wanted to be an actor, so you I suppose.". very lovely man, even did some breakdancing when one of my friends pressed him!!

There were some really nice cosplayers too, I even saw someone dressed as Dodo (I'd never seen someone as her before, so that made me light up a bit).

Ahhh! It was really fun haha.

Guest kittycandy's Daddy

Sorry to be cliche but David Tennant was just BRILLIANT! I also think that Christopher Eccleston is a hugely underrated doctor.

I do like Capaldi but I think the writing is atrocious. I didn't even bother watching the Christmas special, I can't stand Clara's character.

I'm pretty much in the same boat, Tennant had some awesome stories and memorable plots. While Eccleston, though under-rated, was the one to revive the series and did just as well as the other New Who doctors, giving his Doctor it's own take. 

Smith was almost as brilliant as Tennant, with just as many memorable plots, though I seem to recall the final season having some stories that just didn't live up to the rest of his run. 

I really wish Capaldi had plots and characters as great as the former Doctors but it's just been unbearable imo, I only got up to episode 5 of season 8 before I got tired of the repetition or forced plots. It's even more of a shame because he prematurely left The Musketeers, a show he performed amazingly in, for Who - which just hasn't lived up to past seasons. 

Perhaps I'll catch up later.