DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Being Pulled Back To Reality?

deyabear

just in the last year have i have finally gotten to embrace my DDLG lifestyle with my first Daddy. we've been together for 3 years, and i will admit that i was always ashamed to tell him about my interest in being a little. but it just so happened that he was into being a daddy, and i don't think i've ever been happier. but theres one problem that has been bothering me lately:

when i go into little space, it only lasts a while.

there is a mirror in my Daddy's room, and sometimes when i walk past it i get a glimpse of myself and i just feel... dumb. im 19 years old, dressed like a child holding a teddy bear with a pacifier in my mouth. don't get me wrong, i love it to death, i love when i go into little space and get to be myself for once, i love when daddy takes care of me, but when i see myself, i'm snapped back to reality and i realize that i'm actually not so little, and i fall into just a sad mindset, telling myself how ridiculous i am for doing this, that im not a child and i need to grow up.

i've talked to my Daddy about it, and he always tells me that i'll always be his little girl no matter how big i get, it makes me feel a bit better, but it still happens sometimes when i see myself.

has any of you ever had to deal with this before? what can i do?

~deyabear

Edited by deyabear

None of us actually ARE children. That's not what this is. And littlespace is different for everyone. For me it's emotional, and to a certain degree behavioural. Not in the slightest bit interested in dressing younger than my actual age. No i terest in dummies, nappies, pigtails, teddy bears etc etc etc.

But of course there are plenty that do it that way. There is no right or wrong way, there is only your own way.

If you don't feel right with the outfits, don't use them. It doesn't make you more of a little just because you dress that way. Just as it wouldn't make you less of one if you don't.

Maybe i am reading it wrong. If so, take no notice, haha. My main point is, don't feel you have to do what you believe "all littles do". Do this your own way.

• Like 2

I deal with this, too. So far, I've found that the best way for myself to deal with it is to avoid mirrors for a while, and try not too think about it. Talking to your daddy about it is definitely a great thing, too. Also, interacting with other littles your age or older can help, as it makes you feel less alone in what you're doing. With the passage of time, I think it will get a little easier for you. You'll feel less ridiculous, and more comfortable. 

If you're okay with it, you could also try doing big things while all dressed up. You could balance a checkbook, make an important phone call, or check your work email (if you have one) while wearing your "little" clothes, with a paci in your mouth and teddy by your side.

Guest Bunnyblossom

Yeah I felt that way too for the first... idk 6 months or so?

Now I just don't give a crapperooni.

I like what I like.

I refer to it as "Little guilt".

And I think a lot of us go through it at some point.

A bunch of the Little friends I've had felt the same. You're not alone. ^^

After some PTS I'd been suffering from for years- finding out 'bout ddlg actually helped SO much that it's hard to hate it or feel guilty for it.

It made me accept myself as being 'cute', since I've never felt generically 'sexy'. And made me realize being cute IS sexy to a whole slew of people. :D

I wish I'd known about it sooner, I probably would've felt a lot better about myself.

Some people like mayonnaise on their icecream. They're the ones who should be ashamed of their lifestyle choices, not you. >:D

• Like 1

Guest Bunnyblossom

If I was presented with this problem I would cover up all the mirrors.

That's genuinely a good point.

I have done that before when I've had really extreme self-esteem issues. And it actually helped.

I can’t read what you wrote because of the font, but based off the replies I’m guessing it’s self esteem and I just want to say apps have helped me a great deal. They can perfect photos and while you have to be careful not to confuse them with reality they helped me a lot because i was able to change my minds eye of myself. Also they embrace littleness with a variety of silly filters :3

Just go into the App Store and type in “photo” or “makeup” or “touch up”

Hope that helps! :3

Guest milk.doll
I think it's really "normal" to look at yourself and doubt about your lifestyle, I mean, this dynamic isn't a conventional lifestyle. But I also believe that if it makes you authentically happy you should keep doing it. You're probably hesitating because no one taught you when you were younger that its okay, that there isn't only one way to be an adult, but there is. Allow yourself to be different.

I know that ridiculous feeling! My D helped me get over it — I told him when I felt silly, and he reminded me every time that he loves every single part of me, even the ridiculous parts. I also have been in therapy for a few years, and have learned that I tend to ignore my emotions, and I have to deal with them as they arise. Now I have more self-confidence in every area of my life!

Don’t cover up your mirrors! That helps you avoid the emotion, and it will continue to grow! Maybe do some thinking, writing, or talking about what dressing “little” means to you. Have you ever dressed little before? Think about how you felt, what happened before and after, and the way other people responded to you (if that applies). Explore that feeling, and you’ll understand your little self even better.

Covering up mirrors solves nothing. Just evades the issue that needs working on. Like sticking your fingers in your ears and crying "blah blah blah" to prevent listening to reason.

Guest Littlenala

Wow. I thought I was the only one that struggled with this. I tell myself that I am an adult with a job...I shouldn't have thsee little tendencies....right? But I also realize this is a part of who I am. And it's okay to have these interests. Thank you so much everyone for sharing.

• Like 1

Guest Bunnyblossom

Covering up mirrors solves nothing. Just evades the issue that needs working on. Like sticking your fingers in your ears and crying "blah blah blah" to prevent listening to reason.

I'm not sure if it was suggested as a permanent (or even real) solution. :lol:

But yes, it is exactly like that. lol

It's just a bandaid. I'm only speaking from my own personal experience with a very similar situation, in which case it worked for me.

Facing issues head on isn't necessarily everybody's forte. Some people need to do it in doses and the break from the negative confrontation (in this case glimpses in the mirror) can help whomever to just relax and focus on enjoying whatever they're doing and deal with the actual problem over a course of time.

Guest CaptainAmerica97

I know how it is. It feels crazy, but I honestly think it goes from self esteem issues. Which I have suffered from my whole life. I am also not very good with my emotions, but I am working on it. I now have a wonderful guy who treats me fantastic and has the same views as me. But when I am in little space and I walk by a mirror I start to think that this is ridiculous and I should grow up. Because I am in college and my mom and brother depend on me to take care of them and the house but I just to got to where I shack my head and walk away from the mirror as fast as I can. Does it help no, but I am still trying to figure every thing out. 

I think it's really "normal" to look at yourself and doubt about your lifestyle, I mean, this dynamic isn't a conventional lifestyle. But I also believe that if it makes you authentically happy you should keep doing it. You're probably hesitating because no one taught you when you were younger that its okay, that there isn't only one way to be an adult, but there is. Allow yourself to be different.

I think that's it, i mean, i grew up being told to act my age, and that always made me try to be mature and more adult-like, but i can't, i love doing this, i love being little, and im trying not to let other's words from the past deter me away from that, but im slowly getting more comfortable. Im really glad i made this post and entered this forum, because you guys are helping so much. thank you <3

Yeah I felt that way too for the first... idk 6 months or so?

Now I just don't give a crapperooni.

I like what I like.

I refer to it as "Little guilt".

And I think a lot of us go through it at some point.

A bunch of the Little friends I've had felt the same. You're not alone. ^^

After some PTS I'd been suffering from for years- finding out 'bout ddlg actually helped SO much that it's hard to hate it or feel guilty for it.

It made me accept myself as being 'cute', since I've never felt generically 'sexy'. And made me realize being cute IS sexy to a whole slew of people. :D

I wish I'd known about it sooner, I probably would've felt a lot better about myself.

Some people like mayonnaise on their icecream. They're the ones who should be ashamed of their lifestyle choices, not you. > :D

"Little Guilt" is a perfect name for it, because i feel guilty in finding happiness out of being a little when others not in the ddlg community would find it weird and some even unacceptable. I've struggled with depression and stuff, but when i finally embraced who i was (a little haha), i just became.. happier. I feel cute and lovable, and i don't really hate myself as much as i used to. And im so thankful that i'm not alone in this, it makes me feel so much better. and you're right, i shouldn't be ashamed, I'm a little and i'm proud of it! <3 thank you

Guest ParanoidAsylum
I know that feeling well. Worst thing is I've pretty much let it control me these past couple years and have stayed out of little space as much as possible, cuz every time I see myself in the mirror even "normally" all I see is how revolting and pathetic I am to be this way inside.