DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Need rules for my little!

Thunder_Daddy

Hello, I'm new to this forum and have only been in the DDLG community for a few months at most.

It's been going smooth so far, no real upsets, but I've been thinking of rules for my sweet little fox cub for a while now and I've still not been able to think of any. I'm not quite sure where to start and I would very much appreciate a gentle shove into the right direction.

Don't make rules just because you think that's what all daddies do, or what all littles want. It isn't. Talk to each other, and see if they would work in your relationship. If there is mo reason for it, and it doesn't benefit her, then don't do it.

But if you both decide it's something that would work well, then figure it out between you. It's no good using generic rules suggested ny anyone else. They should be things that relate to you and her.

• Like 4

I've been lucky enough to be in a DDlg relationship with an amazing and understanding little who has become more than my best friend, for just over a year, now. Based on my experience, I have found that to know my partner, and understand her needs and desires, as well as my own, is the most important part of every aspect of our relationship, and from there everything else follows. For me, it is paramount that my little is empowered, healthy, and happy.

We made rules such as making the bed in the morning, brushing her teeth, doing something for someone else every day, doing something for herself every day, using titles correctly, framing her speech in a manner that pleases me and gels the dynamic we have... The list goes on - there are about 14 or 15 rules I think. They change as we change. We revisit them together and have and an open dialogue that is vital if we wish to meet one another's needs and desires. 

Have a chat with your little, and begin to map out what she wants and needs, what you want and need, and then discuss with her the rules you think will meet those needs. Then listen to her, and her response, because ultimately she is not just your little, she is your partner, and she is the one who will have to learn to follow the rules, and who must be willing to be punished when the rules are broken.

Edited by MisterJ
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the replies! I very much appreciate it. I've been talking to my little and we've decided that we don't need rules for her and that we are happy going though things as we are. When I was looking around for resources, some of the rules were questionable to say the least, and I don't want my little completely wrapped around my finger like some daddies might do.
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the replies! I very much appreciate it. I've been talking to my little and we've decided that we don't need rules for her and that we are happy going though things as we are. When I was looking around for resources, some of the rules were questionable to say the least, and I don't want my little completely wrapped around my finger like some daddies might do.

Great resolution here. So good to see someone make their own decisions without feeling the need to bend to the sheep like mentality.

Great resolution here. So good to see someone make their own decisions without feeling the need to bend to the sheep like mentality.

Thanks! I was unsure if rules were a major staple and if they could spice up our DDLG life, but the more we scoured online and the more we talked, the more we realised that perhaps rules might do more harm than good. We communicate a lot and we only choose the elements that we feel will be best for us.

• 1 month later...