DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

LolitaDaddy

"We assume others show love the same way we do — and if they don’t, we worry it’s not there."

http://www.5lovelanguages.com

10 Physical Touch

8 Quality Time

8 Acts of Service

5 Words of Affirmation

2 Receiving Gifts

Excellent resource to learn about your & your mate's love languages for more effective DD/lg relationship.

• Like 4

Guest cookie_crumble_princess

You are now my favorite on the forum. I love the book and took the test twice over. I planned on passing it along to a friend today, but I will just direct them to your post now! Oh and i have recently purchased his book the 5 languages of apology! I have not gotten to a chance to read the children's book as of yet, but plan to work in sometime this year.  *happy dance*

Edited by baby_squirrel
  • Like 1

Eye contact is a big one and body language, also, tone of voice. These three things say a lot with minimal effort.
  • Like 2

Guest RedDragon

My ex and I read this book years ago and it was great! My love language is physical touch. Her's is quality time. Just knowing that about each other allowed us to treat each other the way we want to be treated. And lucky for us I liked spending quality time with her. And she is naturally affectionate, so it worked well for both of us.

What I found interesting about me though is that I'm not a big fan of PDA. Which on the surface is contrary to my love language. But I also like it that way. It creates a bit of healthy tension which is fun.

I asked myself, why do I think my love language is physical touch? For me, I know when it's not present in a relationship, I don't feel loved. I feel like she doesn't have strong feelings for me and it hurts almost every day. That's the danger of being in a relationship with someone you're not compatible with.

I used to suffer under the weight of those feelings for a long time. The feelings of unlove. Now when I see someone unhappy in their relationship, I feel terrible for them because I know how awful it is.

I would recommend the book to not just anyone, but everyone. It's really that good. But you and your partner have to both want to give to the other. You've gotta both be in it.

• Like 2

9 Quality Time

7 Physical Touch

6 Acts of Service

6 Words of Affirmation

2 Receiving Gifts

Edited by baby_squirrel
  • Like 1

I just finished this audio book "Marriage Boot Camp" or as I would like to call it "Relationship Boot Camp."

Although I never seen the show, but the book sounds very practical in approach, a good read for long term relationship building. Here's summary review:

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/marriage-boot-camp-how-to_b_4915108.html

Edited by Braddy

First time poster here.

I am currently unwinding that unhappy relationship you describe RedDragon.

After the book Conversations with God, it allowed me to mentally unleash my truth of who I am.

Edited by DaddyDomLV

Guest RedDragon

First time poster here.

I am currently unwinding that unhappy relationship you describe RedDragon.

After the book Conversations with God, it allowed me to mentally unleash my truth of who I am.

Uninvited pain is horrible. I feel for you! I think a lot of the time, we blame or resent our significant other when our happiness is just beyond our reach. I know I have. And then I've had to remind myself more than once of the following...

"Ok I'm feeling unhappy. I'm feeling unloved. Why does this person not love me!? Ugh!!!! Wait J... take a breath. She is who she is. She didn't come into your life with the sole purpose of destroying you. Aaaaand... aren't YOU the one who decided to be with her in the first place!? Take some personal responsibility." And then I fight back. "No!! F U personal responsibility!! Go away!!"

I literally have these conversations with myself.

Fortunately for me, the book opened up a new perspective that gave me my own power back. Sounds like Conversations With God may have done that for you as well DaddyDomLV. I wish you all the best!!

Edited by RedDragon

My inner dialogue consists of much of the same as you. My experience now is "she is who she is. I am complete within myself. Her opinions are just that. She doesn't make me react a certain way, I choose my reaction. (That helps me center myself and maintain responsibility for my actions)".

I am two days into this exploring DDlg lifestyle and I have been consumed by it.

I am a caregiver to my core. Once I right my ship, I will definitely practice it in my future relationships.

It's best to go slow, real slow, don't want to rush a DD/lg relationship.. Littles are very, very sensitive to their daddy's shortcomings in relations to them.

It's best to go slow, real slow, don't want to rush a DD/lg relationship.. Littles are very, very sensitive to their daddy's shortcomings in relations to them.

I agree with this Braddy, except I see a Daddy's shortcomings as my own, that is the main reason I'm so sensitive to them. So, Seeing Daddies dialogue is intriguing. I ofc don't speak for all littles, but my dialogue is more along the lines of: "I'm not happy. Why aren't I happy? Maybe because xyz doesn't love me. I must have done something wrong. I need to fix the problem so we can both be happy. I can't be sad or it will make xyz sad." Then I begin to pester the person about how to fix myself because I fear they will leave me. OR I try to break it off with the person to 'save' them from my shortcomings. I will forgive nearly any and everything except cheating. So, I'm in a totally different boat for failure in love and friendship. 

Braddy thanks for that marriage link as well. I will commit it to memory, its beyond helpful!

Edited by baby_squirrel

agreed! No little wants a broken daddy. They deserve better. You can replace almost anything in life. Money, friends, material things. The absolute worst and hardest to reearn is a person's trust once hurt. I value that more than anything else. Taken lots of learning to realize this. Edited by DaddyDomLV

• 9 months later...
Guest countlieberkuhn

9 Quality Time
8 Words of Affirmation
6 Acts of Service
6 Physical Touch
1 Receiving Gifts

I'm not a material person, although giving gifts would be higher if it was an option (I get more pleasure out of using my money to make others happy).

General closeness and mutual love and appreciation is what I like most.

• Like 1

8 Physical Touch

7 Acts of Service

6 Quality Time

6 Words of Affirmation

3 Receiving Gifts

I love to be near and always touching my daddy. I've always been better by showing my love and care through physical touch.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Little Bee

10 Physical Touch

7 Quality Time

6 Acts of Service

6 Words of Affirmation

1 Receiving Gifts

I've been wanting to read the book, but never got a chance to buy it! Now this post reminded me to go to the bookstore. :p I've already done this test a few times and it's always either Physical Touch or Quality Time that is at the top. When I shared this to my ex (bf then) he wasn't impressed, but I'm still pretty amused with the result lol!

9 Quality Time

7 Acts of Service

7 Words of Affirmation

5 Physical Touch

2 Receiving Gifts

Edited by mylittlesidewearsblack

• 5 months later...
Guest ~*~Sachita~*~

Heehee, I seem to be a minority in this...

9  Receiving Gifts

6  Words of Affirmation

6  Acts of Service

5  Physical Touch

4  Quality Time

My scores for receiving were:

9 Quality Time 9 Words of Affirmation 5 Physical Touch 4 Receiving Gifts 3 Acts of Service

I know how I show my love are through acts of service and physical touch.