DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

"Daddy Space"

Guest cykaian

Guest cykaian

So, I've seen the term "Daddy Space" thrown around every now and again. I'm curious if Daddy's (and Mommy's) consider yourself to have a Daddy/Mommy space. If there is any confusion about my question, I guess I'm asking if any caregivers here have a separate head-space when it comes to your day-to-day life opposed to your Daddy/Mommy life. 

Personally, being a Daddy is more of a 24/7, just how my personality is-thing. But I'm sure everyone is different! 

If you do have a Daddy/Mommy space, what is it like? What triggers it? Can you be in that space without a partner? 

For me and my Daddy this is a 24/7 lifestyle. He doesn't have a space he goes into.

Personally I think we just live in an age where people really just like to make words up because for some reason labels seem to be so important.

I think it's just people over thinking it.

• Like 1

Guest aphroditelaughs
I think it can exist, but it's probably more fluid. For example, I'm always a little but there are moments where I feel more in tune with it - so I think of those moments as my little space. My Daddy is always my Daddy. How he acts depends on where we are, who's around, how I'm acting, etc. It doesn't seem like something he needs to trigger/go to. He just IS that way.
  • Like 1

Daddy space is absolutely a thing, but it's frequently misunderstood. For me daddy space is a distinct headspace that is characterized by being feeling the "warm fuzzies", feeling very affectionate while also wanting to take a degree of control to ensure someone else is happy or safe. Top-spaces/Dom-spaces in general are more subtle than various sub-spaces, but they are well established within the larger BDSM community as a whole. Subspace is frequently compared to intoxication, for example, in the way it alters your mental state. Little space is similarly very noticeable, but Daddy space is closer to being "in the zone" of a video game, the translation of intent to action is much faster and more automatic. Another big way in which daddy space is different is it doesn't so much need a "trigger", but it really just needs an opportunity. 

And to the littles who think your daddy doesn't have a daddy space, while he may not, it's also possible your presence is all that's required to let it out. Chances are he doesn't feel compelled to act daddy-ish to his coworkers or other peers.

Another thing I'd like to clarify, a daddy does not need to be in daddy space to act like a daddy to a little, but rather daddy space is the reward my brain gives me for acting like a daddy. 

But similarly, daddy-drop is a real thing too, especially after emotionally intense interaction.

Edited by Knoxdom
  • Like 2

I was going to say that I've tended not to think of myself as ever going into "Daddy space" when I'm "being Daddy." Depending on the context I may be interacting with my little girl in a particularly "Daddy-like" fashion or not, but I've never thought of those moments as being in a fundamentally different head-space.

However, as has happened with other relationships I've had that didn't involve this dynamic, there can be moments of heightened emotional intensity that are very much tied to some fundamental aspect of the bond you share with your partner. In relation to my own little girl, my first thoughts are of those times when we're sharing tender time together and she is smiling and giggling and fidgeting and playing with one of her stuffies. Almost certainly kicking her feet in the air. In those moments, the whole rest of the world just sort of fades into the background and I'm thinking about literally nothing but my little girl and this very special bond we share. When those moments come to an end when the rest of the world inevitably interrupts, it's like coming down off an exhilarating high. So I suppose for me, moments like those could be what someone might label my "Daddy space" and my subsequent "Daddy drop."

I am a daddy but I can feel more fluid into a Daddy mood when I talk with a person that it's a little.

It's just like the feel or the thougths that you feel a Daddy in front of someone.

For me usually it's when I was with my little.

I think that for a Daddy/Mommy the elements are there, but as stated, there is a time and place for full daddy-ness. It's sort of like being an EMT (emergency medical tech). You're always ready for something major to happen, even if you're not on duty. Should the need or time arise, you're on or activated.

I was put in a position to, basically, raise my younger siblings. That has kind of always kept me in a leadership / Daddy role. I have a friend that has an interesting fluid relationship with his little... they switch depending on what is going on in their lives. I guess it just depends on the person.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...