DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Can you be in a ddlg relationship without the little side?

Alice in Wonderland

I find this lifestyle to really intrigue me...I love having the idea of someone taking on a caregiver role, as I being their partner trying to follow a set of "rules" and tending to their needs as a caregiver without the "child" type aspect. I would still pine for his affection and be playful and attentive but i don't really identify with the "little" aspect I have reading about. I'm very new to this so bear with me... I just kind of discovered this, and this forum has helped me just... I guess feel not so alone? I can't really describe how I feel. I need more research, opinions would be much appreciated and any general info on any variations of the ddlg relationship? I'm just curious (:
  • Like 1

Guest Rainbow

From what I gather, the DDlg dynamic, like many other 'alternative' dynamics, falls on a spectrum. Everyone tailors it to fit their needs and wants. You can take and not take what you want from it. It's really up to what you and your partner want out of it. I've heard of plenty of littles who don't match the classic. For example, I personally am not interested in acting much younger than five or six. No diapers, not much baby talk.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

i am pretty much what you describe. i don't regress in age but i do have a chidlike personality which is constant and i 'play' at being adult when needed. i am very playful, love Hello Kitty and sparkly things but don't really indentify as little. i consider myself as a babygirl submissive which is a submissive who requires a gentler Dom ie. a Daddy Dom, who will teach, guide and keep me safe, will give me rules and structure which keeps me happy but at the same time He loves and embraces my playful, childlike nature, which most Dom's would not tolerate. And most of all... i live to please Him.

• Like 2

i am pretty much what you describe. i don't regress in age but i do have a chidlike personality which is constant and i 'play' at being adult when needed. i am very playful, love Hello Kitty and sparkly things but don't really indentify as little. i consider myself as a babygirl submissive which is a submissive who requires a gentler Dom ie. a Daddy Dom, who will teach, guide and keep me safe, will give me rules and structure which keeps me happy but at the same time He loves and embraces my playful, childlike nature, which most Dom's would not tolerate. And most of all... i live to please Him.

Literally my exact thoughts, I want to please and be taken care of and given guidelines in a gentle and very loving way, to be treasured the way daddies treasure their littles, but I don't think I would feel the need to regress in age! Thanks for the share (:
  • Like 1

Sounds like you're identifying mostly as a Middle rather than a Little. It's definitely in the DDLG dynamic. While it's an argument of semantics and definition of phrasing typically Littles are able to regress to a childlike state with a young prepubescent age, Middles more commonly enjoy the mindset of an older child, potentially from early teens to just below “legal adult” age where they are still able to be Daddy’s little girl (or Boy etc) when they want to be and can certainly still be playful but will not typically engage in highly childish activities like playing with dolls, colouring books etc. Honestly though a lot of what DDLG is about is being happy and comfortable! As long as you and your partner are both… Carry on and don’t be afraid to experiment!

• Like 3