DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

DD/lg and College

NeverEnoughStuffies

I often find myself struggling to figure out where my "little" line is drawn in my life. I am in college and when stuff gets rough (aka I get overwhelmed with stress) I tend to retreat into my little mindset...which is hard because I am an hour and a half away from my Daddy and he can't text too much at work. I don't feel like it overcomes my school life because I still function on a day to day basis and get all of my grown up things done, but I was just wondering if any other littles go through the same feelings? If so, how did you go about it (with or without Daddy there)?

*glitter*  :heart: Thankies :heart:  *glitter*

Edited by NeverEnoughStuffies
  • Like 1

Guest pnwprincess

This has gotten easier for me once I got my own place because then I was able to have a structured setting for me being in my little space. I never really did it in the dorms unless I was at my ex's house or we had the place to ourselves. Another thing is that I am very close and very open with my roommate and she gets that sometimes I need to be little. How long have you been in school?

• Like 1

my mental health plummeted when i was away from home at college, so being little kind of exacerbated my issues rather than helped them. but after i was able to get treatment and start taking classes online, i've found that being little is a great mode of self-care for me.

i don't really have a full-time mommy, but i do have some mommy friends and a babysitter that help me sort out my stuff. one thing that's helped me, and made school a bit more fun, is if i can think of my "big girl" tasks as stuff that's actually for little me, and then get rewards or reward myself for doing them. for example, all my coursework is my "homework," and each time i complete a daily goal — finish a weekly assignment, or work on a paper, or go to class — i get some play time after. this can be a coloring page, or a cartoon, or a nap after snack; whatever you like that makes you feel good. going to therapy is a "doctor's appointment," and i get a little treat for going (like a real kid might get a sticker or a lolly). that seems like stuff you can just think about in your head, so no one has to know that you're little on the inside if you don't want them to. maybe your daddy could even check up on you after. i know you said it's hard for him to text at work, but even if he mentions when you talk at the end of the day that he's proud of you and makes sure you've gotten all your treats for being a good girl, that would probably feel nice.

it's definitely hard! but pretending can make things a lot more fun :)

• Like 4

Guest Linney234

I have the same thing. I tend to become little when I get overwhelmed with homework and studies. I live in a dorm with a roommate so it's harder to get around with it. I tend to get really indecisive when I'm little and that is my struggle sometimes, but my friends usually helps me out, or I text my friends on here to get opinions. It really helps me to have friends online or irl that can help if it gets too much. I don't have a daddy so friends are my go to people though. 

Edited by Linney234
  • Like 1

Princess Panda has already said everything I would say, I LOVE all those ideas and I do them all the time as well its such a fun way to make everyday tasks more interesting and makes me even more proud to accomplish such 'big girl' tasks! :D I also love to pretend that my daddy is there giving me praise and telling me how well I'm doing etc; that usually gets me through and cheers me up right away :)
  • Like 1

I'm the same way.  I'm often borderline little.  The only time I really am fully 100% big is when I'm at work (I work as a paraprofessional, which is kind of like a teacher, but without so much responsibility, or a teacher's aid).  When I leave the school, my mind immediately lifts whatever blocks, and I'm not so big anymore.  Also not fully little.  Acting young also seems to kind of be part of my personality.

Lately I've been really tired and stressed because of work and college and writing projects, and that's made my little side come out more often.  Thankfully Papa is okay with his little kitten coming out more often than his big girl.

One thing that's helped me, and made school a bit more fun, is if i can think of my "big girl" tasks as stuff that's actually for little me, and then get rewards or reward myself for doing them. for example, all my coursework is my "homework," and each time i complete a daily goal — finish a weekly assignment, or work on a paper, or go to class — i get some play time after. this can be a coloring page, or a cartoon, or a nap after snack; whatever you like that makes you feel good. going to therapy is a "doctor's appointment," and i get a little treat for going (like a real kid might get a sticker or a lolly). that seems like stuff you can just think about in your head, so no one has to know that you're little on the inside if you don't want them to. maybe your daddy could even check up on you after. i know you said it's hard for him to text at work, but even if he mentions when you talk at the end of the day that he's proud of you and makes sure you've gotten all your treats for being a good girl, that would probably feel nice.

I really liked this.  I should try implementing this myself.

• Like 1