DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

MGTOW and DDLG - Trigger warning -

Guest Naturalselectionissexy

I guess I will start off with what MGTOW stands for those that don't know.

It is an acronym that stands for Men Going Their Own Way.

According to a snippet I borrowed from wiki "MGTOW use the word gynocentric to describe conditions that favor women to the detriment of men, and are opposed to such circumstances. MGTOW believe that there is a systemic gynocentric bias against men including double standards in gender roles, bias against men in family courts, lack of concern for men falsely accused of rape and lack of consequences for their accusers. MGTOW's use slang such as "red pilled" to describe members of their movement and "blue pilled" to describe men outside, or opposed to their movement." 

At the core of this is how relationships are stacked up against men and some of the ramifications assessed upon them.  It also addresses how best to ensure you don't fall victim to such undertakings of todays modern society. Now I'm not quite sure how many "red pills" I have taken but I largely agree with the majority of the previous statement from personal life experience. (no I have never been accused or convicted of rape, been married, or had children) What I am curious to know is everyones thoughts and opinions on the ideology its self, plus how that effects DDLG relationships. Is it possible to MGTOW and DDLG? 

One part of this is marriage, which is just a legal contract and was initially designed to aid in the transference of wealth, typically upon death. Well what if you don't want to legally be obligated to have all of your possessions legally removed and given to your former spouse? Do you think there are large number of people in this subsection of BDSM that see collaring as more intimate and therefore more desired than actual legal marriage? Would you see marriage as absolutely necessary to stay with someone? Would you be able to ward off everyone else's pries into why you aren't married yet and constant suggestions to leave that person since they won't "commit"?

The other items that infiltrate my mind when it comes to some littles, has to do with the idea and opinion that the world revolves around them. Yes, I used the word some in there. Would most assume that littles run the entire show now? Are there people that still see relationships as still equal? How long will that equality remain if by chance such a thing still exists? Say it does exist, and you find the light of your life. With todays media and other activist groups, they will be accosted incessantly from others that want you to be miserable, or to come down to their level, utilizing tactics known for success against those that are impressionable. If all you hear day in and day out is the same negativity, eventually you will become part of it. How do you shut such things out of your life and your partners life? Its everywhere and it atrocious. Will you be labeled as abusive if you remove media outlets and social media from you and your partners life? What if removing it is the healthy thing to do and those that label it as abusive are in fact the toxic and oppressive ones?  

Lets say you are somehow able to survive the previously mentioned. Look at the potential legal implications in relation to DDLG. First off, even though every act between two adults that agree to sad act is consensual, that is not always the view in other peoples eyes. Lets look at how just about everything within a DDLG could be construed into some sort of view, either from rape, to abuse, perversion, deprivation of rights, ect. With todays "legal" system the only thing they want is the conviction, your money, and to place you into corporate owned jails all while increasing government oppression under the guise of "safety". Now, with the understanding that anything can be made illegal, knowing that there is no justice in the system, how is one to protect themselves? Your friendly neighbor that is "just looking out" for cute-little-rainbow-sprinkles-cookie-fluffy-butt calls the police because of swatting sounds, or any sound for that matter! The police show up and its the man that goes to jail regardless of the situation because someone ELSE was concerned for the little girls safety. The best part is they don't need to coerce the other party into pressing charges anymore. The STATE will gladly do so on its own within many States in the US. Do you think a contract not created by a lawyer will save you? If it is even taken into considered will it be deemed null an void because it wasn't drafted by the woman's lawyer? 

So on top of finding that light of your life.. these are SOME of the consideration that are also evaluated in todays climate, at least in my world.  

Ok dude, interesting post.

Where are you going with it though bro? I do law for a living and I can honestly say that the courts are stacked against men yeah. However, choosing your partners carefully and only engaging in legal, consensual acts will not land you a jail sentence; Certainly not here in the UK. I'm not sure where you're going with things on that front or the point you're trying to make bro. I do however think this will make for interesting conversation so props mate!

As for marriage, I can honestly say that the marriage law here in the UK fucks men full stop. HOWEVER, I intend to marry my little due to the following. If I cannot trust someone enough to place myself in jeopardy somewhat through marriage and the risks involved, then I would not consider myself truly in love as I would not trust that other person completely. If I do not have that unconditional true love or do not believe in it, then ultimately my life loses much of its meaning. This is not due to me requiring another person for validation, but rather to do with my own philosophies regarding soul mates, trust and the essence of others in relation to myself. Essentially, I have to have that trust in another person so that life and love does not lose its magic.

However, I am not totally naive. I won't marry just anyone. I've been chased for money by women, chased by those who take but do not give, used by them. I know enough to be certain that my little is not that sort of person, likely due to the life she has had to live. I do not come bearing these ideas without proof however. She will sign any pre nup I throw at her, knowing full well that it will be grossly in my favour as she trusts me not to totally screw over the mother of my children. From the very start she agreed to this, as she knows what it means to me. I know they are not 100% binding but as time progresses they are being taken into consideration more and more. She has proven her devotion to me. She left her old life behind, moved country, does every thing I tell her to do without question or hesitation, knowing that it is all in her best interest. If someone can trust me in this way, then I can trust them. Yes marriage is a huge risk, but she has taken so many risks for me. 

Ultimately, I will get married due to the proof I have seen, the love I feel and my own personal philosophy. I would not have married my last partner, as I did not trust or truly love them, and I was with them for 3 years. 

I guess let me know what you think bruh, I'm struggling to understand why you posted this or what you're getting at? No hate or anything just not sure I get the motivation. Like you and I get on well enough. Anywho, hope you enjoyed reading,

ya boi,

The Senate

• Like 6

No you can't be mgtow and have a female little. Going your own way means being on a path without a female partner. I mean even those MGTOW who aren't strick segregationists would tell you the same. Look at Dr. Randomercam. He has a ton of women friends who he fights for men's rights with but won't ever get romanitcally involved with anyone ever since he's a MGTOW. I'm not saying he'd get with any of the Badgers since they are all married but that wasn't the point I was making. 

Honestly, I get you are worried about all the odds stacked against you but you only have 2 options find someone you can trust enough to break the reasonable paranoia that leads to being MGTOW or be committed to MGTOW. 

I can't be MGTOW. It doesn't seem like you can either.  

Haha Senate. We saw this at the same time. God it's great to have a friend who thinks a-like. 

ayyyyyyyyyyyy my boi

Where littles have little space in ddlg and get away from the real world, I have bluepillspace in ddlg. It's worked for many years - complete rejection of the red pill when it comes to littles, they are the bestest!

• Like 1

I'm not entirely sure I am going anywhere specifically with the post. Several issues were brought up and I figured it would make the most sense with them addressed in that order and fashion. If nothing else I see this as an opportunity to address topics from an alternative point of view then I have previously witnessed or experienced. 

If I had to break it down into clear categories they would be as follows:

• Maintaining a long term DDLG relationship without marriage and how to do so.
  • How to maintain an equal relationship in its own right
  • Mitigating negative outside influences, and addressing those that claim abuse 
  • Social Media and or Media and its negative effects on society/you and your partner
  • How to protect yourself from others
  • How to protect yourself from an abusive government   
  • Can DDLG and MGTOW coexist 

I understand that each one of those could take vast amounts of time and energy to address individually. So they were lumped together. 

@Senate I am more than thrilled you found someone amazing and that marriage is the correct corse of action, regardless of it being accompanied with a prenuptial agreement or not. I am personally terrified to take my chances on an entire life of hard work on two documents. That is why I was posing the other questions regarding alternatives to marriage and how to address it with the naysayers. Since you are going down a different path maybe someone else wants to chime in on that subject? 

In the US, and you can certainly research and draw your own concussions based off of published statistics and incarceration rates. There needs to be no victim, and there needs to be no witness for you to be found guilty of something here. Just two-three people on the same side and same payroll (Judge, Prosecutor,  and Cop) The corruption is rampant. That is why I am curious on how others would address such an issue? If your freedom was subject to just a phone call from a stranger, a nosy neighbor, or a potentially unstable partner (unbenounced to you), what would you do?

@TheDaddyest - From my understanding there are multiple levels of indoctrination of MGTOW anything from what I may be suggesting or concerned about, all the way to the Monks that don't want any sexual interactions with females.  

@neworder - I appreciate your viewpoint, even though I might disagree. I often find viewpoints are subject to life's experiences. If I can surmise anything using that logic then you haven't had any negative experiences or witnessed anything I mentioned in this original post. If that is the case, I think that is awesome!   

Oh and for all those readers, I want to hear YOUR view! I won't attack you so don't be shy. I might disagree but that is what conversations and growing is all about! 

• Like 1

The way I have come to view the mgtow idea of things, I would say yes the two could co exist. I have come to believe that the movement advocates free choice for men and has no set agenda. By that logic, they can exist together. 

As for marriage, you have to consider dude, is the risk worth the intense comfort of knowing you've found your soulmate? For me it is, but I won't judge anyone who doesn't think that way. 

I'm not sure I believe in an equal relationship. I think in some way there is a leader and a follower. I think the issue is that guys nowadays just go along with what their girls say for a quiet life. I stopped dating that way and just got on with my own thing until my current little came out of the blue. We have a total power exchange and I generally run every aspect of her life and we both enjoy it that way. 

I obviously can only speak for my own relationship here, but outside influences aren't an issue. She shares ideas that I share anyway and will vote as instructed and such. 

Perhaps a part of finding the right person has to do with what type of dom you are? I'm of course not speaking personally to you here, but you have to establish that you're in charge yknow. If you're a good dom, your little should follow. Anyway, ramblings over,

ya boi,

The Senate

• Like 2

@neworder - I appreciate your viewpoint, even though I might disagree. I often find viewpoints are subject to life's experiences. If I can surmise anything using that logic then you haven't had any negative experiences or witnessed anything I mentioned in this original post. If that is the case, I think that is awesome!   

A psychotic and violent ex-wife who weaponized the courts against me, about 18 years ago... I simply don't bond outside of ddlg. Littles aren't known to be very violent, now are they? They themselves voluntarily participate the power exchange in my direction, not hers.

Edited by neworder

Guest BabyPeach

MGTOW.......they don't want to have relationships with women, period. If you do, you are tainting the whole goal of MGTOW.  With that said, noooo way am I reading through all these loooooong posts.

@sweetcuriosity 

I couldn't agree with you more and thank you for the reply!

It is interesting that you see, from my point of view, three marriages. 1. Religious 2. Legal 3. Oath of Honor.  That is unless I read that wrong...  I personally like the third option without any implications of number 2. ( no pun intended)  

So DDlg relationships... I see you have a similar point of view as Senate. I like seeing and hearing the other viewpoints from the females perspective. Now I don't disagree with you in anything that was addressed. That being said, what I said about equals, if you read again what was exactly said, stated "an equal relationship in its own right" what I meant by that is a similar connotation from what I believe as stated by you and Senate. There are certain things that I will do and would never expect her to participate in or have any desire for such things. What I expect from her would be just the opposite. Things I would never do but value tremendously in her, dictated by her actions. So that I consider equal in its own way. 

Interesting take on limiting negative content. I like it. I think it is very healthy to openly talk about anything. I still wonder about the perceptions of others and their battle to wage war on your significant others thoughts, and when you become the bad guy based on their speech? It has happened time and time again in this world depending on who was involved and the topic. 

I too would agree that on the surface MGTOW might appear be the reverse of feminism. I don't want to dive too deep into feminism because I have a feeling that would derail this conversation. Historically there would be three waves of feminism. The first wave focused on woman's' suffrage. The second wave on workplace equality, and the third wave on identity politics. Most Often heard about today are third wave or campus feminists. Now considering women earn more than men, I don't see MGTOW being relatable to the second wave. Seeing as the third wave seems to go after everyone including other females (including my loved and successful Taylor Swift) I don't see how that either can relate to MGTOW. If I had to compare it to any sort of feminism it would be the first wave where things were unequal and people suffered because of bias. 

Hopefully no crying takes place :-) 

Edited by Letsgoforanadventure
  • Like 1

A psychotic and violent ex-wife who weaponized the courts against me, about 18 years ago... I simply don't bond outside of ddlg. Littles aren't known to be very violent, now are they? They themselves voluntarily participate the power exchange in my direction, not hers.

I am sorry to hear that. I'm glad things are going better now when it comes to littles and DDlg! 

I can't speak to violent littles, I think most people are capable of ugly things under certain circumstances. I just hope to never be on the receiving end of that again. 

MGTOW.......they don't want to have relationships with women, period. If you do, you are tainting the whole goal of MGTOW.  With that said, noooo way am I reading through all these loooooong posts.

Thanks for stoping by anyways :-) 

I'll disagree and say that under the proper circumstances it wouldn't be tainting the whole goal.  

I have a new respect for you for having the balls to post this here. Ill comment more when I have time. Hats off to you sir.

No crying, just some pouting... yes, I was referring to the first wave of feminism as that is more inclusive of rights. Politically, men have more power than women. Hmm workplace is an iffy one. Yes, men are still highly more successful and do make higher salaries. I was a 4.0 student and I attended university straight from high school. Stereotypical schoolgirl. My husband is a highscool graduate who makes more than double what I make.

Yes, I'm married. Soon to be separated and very forward about my relationship. If a potential daddy can't accept my circumstances, then regardless of how submissive I am or how we connect, I'm not the right little for him.

Marriage, yes. We're in agreement completely. I value oath over all others. Legal isn't necessary unless it's financially beneficial for both parties. That's not to say that both would benefit by gaining, it may just be a benefit by establishing clarity and avoiding misinterpretation in the event of a separation.

Judgements from outside interference may be a nuisance but shouldn't be a deal breaker. Your example of a neighbor hearing slapping noises is good.

Story time!

Once upon a time in Potatoville, a little man was not so happily married to his tiny lil ol lady and they had two lil boys. One day, the little man was shoved and assaulted the batshit crazy lil ol lady and he smacked her. The police came runnin and took the lil ol man away. The big bad judge said, "Lookie here lil ol wife beater," he scolded and he growled and he waggled his gavel and he scolded, "she gets the car and the kids and the house." The lil ol man gasped, "she attacked me." Sadly, his plead fell on deaf ears as justice is blind, deaf, and mute. The lil ol lady refused to press charges, not because he was innocent, but because the lil ol man was the breadwinner.

The lil family posted bail and was on their wee way. A few months later, the batshit lil ol lady decided to run over the lil ol man with their wee lil boy inside. Luckily the batshit lil ol lady was a lady. She lost custody for a week. Spent a few days in jail and still has shared, unsupervised visitation and anger management... for attempted murder. The lil ol man spent time in jail and still has probation for self defense. True story the end

• Like 1

Guest BabyPeach

Thanks for stoping by anyways :-) 

I'll disagree and say that under the proper circumstances it wouldn't be tainting the whole goal.  

The "proper" circumstances would simply be what YOU consider proper circumstances because it would enable you to claim MGTOW but ALSO have a relationship with a woman (in essence, to have your cake and eat it too).  That's polluting the movement's core structure to suit yourself (which is fine, but it's not MGTOW....perhaps pseudo-MGTOW?).

Guest BabyPeach

I have a new respect for you for having the balls to post this here. Ill comment more when I have time. Hats off to you sir.

Why exactly did it take "balls" to post this?

• Like 1

Guest aphroditelaughs

I don't know enough on MGTOW to speak on it, so I'll leave all that stuff alone.

Anyway, I agree that there are littles that think the world revolves around them. There are DDlg dynamics where the little is the dominant one, but those relationships can still function. But then there are people who use DDlg dynamics as an excuse to take, take, take from their partner and I don’t understand it. It’s cruel to do that anyway, but doing it under the guise of DDlg is extra gross. We are still adults and we're still responsible for our own actions.

The court system is definitely biased. My friend and his child’s mother are no longer together, but they co-parent. He’s being forced to pay child support even though she wrote a letter to the court stating she didn’t need extra money. Now he can barely afford rent and food. The state takes a portion of that child support, so it's not like they actually care about the families. My state also has a problem with making it extremely difficult for qualified families to adopt, because they make a shit ton of money from foster care.

My view on marriage is similar to Senate’s. I was in a violent relationship and nearly died, so for me to marry someone I have to have complete trust in them plus a little extra. Marriage is not something my Daddy and I take lightly. We discuss everything to make sure our values and desires align and if they don’t we find a compromise. I also recognize that things would swing in my favor if we divorced, but I have no interest in screwing him over. He’s putting an insane amount of trust in me, because how many people say that and then turn around and hurt their ex?

I don’t see us as unequal, but we’re in a D/s and DDlg relationship so we are...? Honestly, I don’t know how to explain it. We share bills, but have separate bank accounts. We share chores, because we both work long hours. But he makes all the other decisions and I’m good with that. I don’t feel undervalued or unheard. We’re able to have a healthy power exchange because we both maintain our environment. I hope that made sense. It’s confusing to think about and worse to explain.

As far as protecting yourself from the government and others? What you can do depends on your resources and the amount of work you put in. Daddy and I plan to purchase a couple acres and live in the country after I graduate from college. We value our privacy and with the way the world is going, this seems like the only viable option. I’m also learning gardening and canning so I can feed my family and be more self-sufficient.

• Like 2

@sweetcuriosity 

Just a conversation... 

I will say women give men power to do their bidding and they will do so easily and willingly provided the proper circumstances.  From that takeaway I would say they have a good amount of power :-) 

If you compared job title to job title you will factually find on average women make more. You can not take an entire sex into consideration across all jobs with all things being equal. This has been shown in anything from infantry in the Marines to grueling unpleasant manual labor tasks to caretaker positions.  Ask me why my female coworkers make more than I do with less performance.   

Good story! Sad, but often true!

• Like 1

I don't know enough on MGTOW to speak on it, so I'll leave all that stuff alone.

Anyway, I agree that there are littles that think the world revolves around them. There are DDlg dynamics where the little is the dominant one, but those relationships can still function. But then there are people who use DDlg dynamics as an excuse to take, take, take from their partner and I don’t understand it. It’s cruel to do that anyway, but doing it under the guise of DDlg is extra gross. We are still adults and we're still responsible for our own actions.

The court system is definitely biased. My friend and his child’s mother are no longer together, but they co-parent. He’s being forced to pay child support even though she wrote a letter to the court stating she didn’t need extra money. Now he can barely afford rent and food. The state takes a portion of that child support, so it's not like they actually care about the families. My state also has a problem with making it extremely difficult for qualified families to adopt, because they make a shit ton of money from foster care.

My view on marriage is similar to Senate’s. I was in a violent relationship and nearly died, so for me to marry someone I have to have complete trust in them plus a little extra. Marriage is not something my Daddy and I take lightly. We discuss everything to make sure our values and desires align and if they don’t we find a compromise. I also recognize that things would swing in my favor if we divorced, but I have no interest in screwing him over. He’s putting an insane amount of trust in me, because how many people say that and then turn around and hurt their ex?

I don’t see us as unequal, but we’re in a D/s and DDlg relationship so we are...? Honestly, I don’t know how to explain it. We share bills, but have separate bank accounts. We share chores, because we both work long hours. But he makes all the other decisions and I’m good with that. I don’t feel undervalued or unheard. We’re able to have a healthy power exchange because we both maintain our environment. I hope that made sense. It’s confusing to think about and worse to explain.

As far as protecting yourself from the government and others? What you can do depends on your resources and the amount of work you put in. Daddy and I plan to purchase a couple acres and live in the country after I graduate from college. We value our privacy and with the way the world is going, this seems like the only viable option. I’m also learning gardening and canning so I can feed my family and be more self-sufficient.

Amazing! Thank you :-) 

And now for something completely different:

The courts work most of the time, the exception to the rule are the ones that get most of the coverage.  Most of the time people are their own worst enemy in getting caught up in the system.  If there is abuse - uncontrolled violence from either party you need to leave.  There is almost always somewhere else to go.  Then sit down and write up or have a friend write up what happened. Once that adrenaline stops your memory takes a dive. Take pictures - a pictures is worth a 1,000 words.  If injured get immediate medical attention

If you are being accused or think you may be accused of anything criminal stop talking and ask for a lawyer.  And no asking for a lawyer does not mean you are guilty, it means you are smart.  More than ever, police officers carry cameras and every thing that is said or done is put on film.  For the most part police officers are good people trying to do their job, but still protect yourself stop talking.

I've worked with police officers, prosecutors and know a few folks that have been caught up in the system.  I'm sure they would all say the same things.  

Unless you are defending yourself, never want to hit, strike, kick anybody unless its consentual.  There are no good outccomes - somebody gets hurts and somebody winds up in court.  If you initiated it then you are going to have problems.  I have over two decades of mixed martial arts training.  Never have I had to use it in a noncontrolled situation - I know the outcome and its never good.

I've worked with police officers, prosecutors and have some folks I know that have gotten caught up in the system.  They would all agree, except the stop talking.  I've never been involved on the criminal side.  I have though been on a few civil things.  Each time was a positive outcome because I followed my own advice - document, pictures and seek medical advice.  A short time ago, I took a big box store to small claims court (I'm not an attorney) but I won a nice judgement from them because I had those items. 

I'd like to say something about the MGTOW thing and feminism cause they relate!

NOTE: a couple of years ago, I identified as a feminist. Now I see certain things posted online and people saying things that I believe are taken too far (and are actually sexist towards men a lot of the time), and the movement just doesn't resonate with me anymore. It used to be about equality for all. I agreed with that, I don't agree with blaming white cis men for problems in society.

There are so many injustices in our society. Against women and men alike. I would argue that most of these issues are society-based, and I believe that's what needs to change.

►We need to make women feel safe in public.

►We need to stop saying "real men don't cry".

►We need to stop telling men they can't get abused or assaulted.

►We need to stop asking women "what were you wearing" or "how much were you drinking" when they say they were assaulted.

►We need to stop calling lesbian women "hot" and using gay as an insult.

►We need to stop telling people they can't do something because it's for the "opposite gender".

►We need to stop making so many court decisions in favor of women, and realize that women are people that should be held responsible for their actions.

►We need to stop this blind hatred that so many people have. (Cis, trans, white, black, Jewish, women, men, feminists... it's like everyone is hating each other for fun now or because they've got nothing better to do. Stop hating people, you can disagree with them, but just stop hating them for Pete's sake.)

►We need to stop acting like there's "sides". There are no sides. We should all be fighting for rights as people to be treated equally. We need to stop segregating ourselves.

Personally, I hate this whole "men have to fight for our rights" thing because it's... it's like what SweetCuriosity said, it seems like "reverse feminism". The whole "we need equal rights" thing, but from what I read on their website, it seems like it's coming from a very sexist standpoint. Keep in mind that I just said that I thought that 3rd wave feminism could be sexist as well. Literally their first two quotes on their "History" page are basically saying "I invented this great thing, and a woman would have slowed me down"... That doesn't sound constructive to me. Neither does this quote I pulled from their "History" page. The TIMES article they referenced was so stupid and laughable that I'm not addressing it, but clearly I don't agree that all men are idiots. I can't believe they'd even run something like that.

"These "idiotic risks" which men have taken afford women the luxury of boarding an aircraft and flying from New York to Los Angeles in 4.5 hours - while never once needing to take an interest in the basic operating principles of a jet engine. She can't explain thrust to weight ratios, but she will complain the flight was delayed 30 minutes."

1. It's like they're saying "women only have this luxury because MEN invented it". Are women expected us to stop using all inventions that men made?

2. It also feels like they're saying "women don't know how an airplane works", but like... how many men OR women do you know that can ACTUALLY explain how an airplane works??? Oh, sorry, I didn't know I needed to be an engineer to drive my car lol

3. Is it saying women aren't smart enough to understand these things? Did they forget women could be pilots or engineers or even just have an interest in planes?

"Sorry boys, if we don't get airplanes, you don't get windshield wipers, fire escapes, or life rafts."

Like, I'm sorry, I just don't understand what they're saying here. And directly after that they say "Today, you can still see modern women contemplating the shape of the Earth... even though the question has been answered by men centuries ago,". I just... do they not realize that the flat earth society is a thing? And that it has both men and women in it??? It's not unique to women alone, and they use a stupid video, but I could just as easily say "Today, you can still see modern men contemplating whether or not the moon is a planet, even when the woman in the background is yelling at them that it's just a moon" and have this (sfw) video as a source, too! They're unique situations, I can't speak for all men when I show ONE video! Nor can they speak the way they do like they're addressing all women!

I don't buy what they're selling. I'm all for humans being treated as equals, but this organization, with their language and comments, seem to have their interests NOT in equality for all, but have their interests only in men (and I doubt they're open to gay men, either). We need to embrace our differences and see each other as people. Not just our gender or sex or outside features. Why do we feel the need to divide ourselves? It actually makes me quite sad.

Bonus (sfw) picture I found on MGTOW's twitter that makes me sad. Just dismissing women as promiscuous, abortion-having leftists. Women can disagree with abortion, women can be republicans, and women aren't the scum of the earth. It hurts me to believe people actually think this way.

(Quick side note about the wage gap, it does exist, but it's not as large as what people say it is. When taking into account the type of job*, maternity leave, years experience, etc., women still make a little less than men do. It's smaller than $0.70 to every $1, but it's still there. Not so fun fun fact! In several different studies, they split the participants into 2 groups. One group got a resume with a man's name at the top, while the other group got an identical resume with a woman's name at the top. The results were that the resume with the man's name was given a higher starting salary than the woman's, and the man's resume was hired more often.)

*Women mostly choose lower-paying jobs, choosing to stay away from STEM fields. Because women are expected (or want to) take care of children, they instead want jobs that have more flexibility, jobs where they work with people, and a variety of other reasons. This also is an issue because--again--a lot of it is societal-based, or even misconceptions about the job. When thinking about a "scientist", you think about a man working alone in a lab coat. That's so small-minded, and we need to tell our children that being a scientist isn't just that. There's tons of different scientific areas where you work with people or have more flexible hours. We need to stop gendering jobs, too. Stop telling our children they can't be a nurse because they're a boy, stop telling our children they can't be a scientist because they're a girl, etc.

• Like 4