last.fm

Guest Foffy

Guest Foffy

Hi all,

I'm not sure if many people use this site anymore but I still love it. It lets you track the music you listen to and shows you stats (top songs, top artists, etc.) and it recommends you new artists & friends based on what you listen to. You can "scrobble" (send data from) most types of phones, PCs, Google Music and probably Spotify (not sure though).

I just got mine recently, my URL is last.fm/user/oblivion-hymns.

Does anyone else have last.fm?

Guest Rainbow

Hi all,

I'm not sure if many people use this site anymore but I still love it. It lets you track the music you listen to and shows you stats (top songs, top artists, etc.) and it recommends you new artists & friends based on what you listen to. You can "scrobble" (send data from) most types of phones, PCs, Google Music and probably Spotify (not sure though).

I just got mine recently, my URL is last.fm/user/oblivion-hymns.

Does anyone else have last.fm?

WHOA. another Hammock fan. holy moly, that's rare *high fives*

Guest Rainbow

i'm a HUGE fan of Hammock! *high five* and post-rock/ambient in general. what's your favorite Hammock album?

chasing after shadows, living with ghosts. song- andalusia *swoon* hammock holds a special place in my heart

what other music is similar?

Guest Foffy

That one is tough for me! I can give you a lot of music that is sort of "if you like Hammock, you'll probably also like this", but very few groups that I know of that are very very similar to Hammock. Let me go through my library and list some artists...

Helios is noted in a lot of places as being very similar but I haven't listened to them. The Album Leaf is similar-ish, Eluvium is too. Gas has some influences but is more noisy. July Skies is really solid. Mogwai has some tracks that are similar, some that arent; same with The Flashbulb (check Opus at the End of Everything). Sigur Ros and Jonsi & Alex can definitely be compared. The Silence of a Whisper is sometimes similar. Carbon Based Lifeforms has some similar electronic influences (check Interloper), but is not a lot like them.

That's about it. There are a lot of post-rock bands that don't have that sort of electronic/ambient influence that Hammock has too that you might want to listen to! They're heavier, but also very good. And I can totally list those out if you want.

Hope I didn't go overboard...

EDIT: Chasing After Shadows is super great! I also really like Departure Songs. But Oblivion Hymns will always be my favorite! The new Sleepover Series is really nice too.

Guest Rainbow
Hope I didn't go overboard...

EDIT: Chasing After Shadows is super great! I also really like Departure Songs. But Oblivion Hymns will always be my favorite! The new Sleepover Series is really nice too.

You didn't! It'll take me some time but I'm excited to go through what you've listed :)

I like Departure too. Oblivion, not so much. I haven't heard the new stuff yet.

I've had an account for a while so some aspects of my account haven't been updated,  but this is it.

http://www.last.fm/user/majorclanger1

I've re-installed the scroller for Winamp and it *should* work with spotify. My taste in portable players takes me to non-internet connected devices (Fiio X1/X3) for sound quality so they'll be some gaps between it and my likes I'm afraid.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...