DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Allowance???? What is this allowance????

Guest BabyPeach

Guest BabyPeach

Ah, so now I see why the young ones go for the old ones.  Allowance.  Money.  I'm pretty new to DDlg and I didn't realize that this was the way it is. Both of my relationships as a little have been approached in a vanilla way.  Meaning.....a long term partnership that could potentially lead to marriage.  I'm a traditionalist in that I believe a male should pay for a female on dates and outings (at first....once it's a committed relationship, there's nothing wrong with paying sometimes), but I've never literally been regularly given spending money.  In that case, what makes a little different than a sugar baby?  I mean, really.  Because it's a committed relationship (potentially)?  Money is still changing hands.  Cold hard cash.

Someone school me on allowance because I don't know how it works.  How much do you get? Is it monthly?

Sometimes I get given an allowance but it's my own money. Its kinda like, you spent £100 on stuffies last month? here have twenty

• Like 1

"Allowance" in DDlg is usually not actually the daddy's money being given to the little, it is a DDlg flavored version of a "financial dom" dynamic where the daddy regulates what non-essential things the little is allowed to buy. In this situation it is almost always the little's own money they earned, but they are only allowed to spend a set amount a week on little things, treats, candy, or "little entertainment". 

• Like 2

This isn't DDlg specific, but I know a married (vanilla) couple who has the woman in charge of the finances, and gives her husband a weekly allowance to buy what he needs.

My SO and I have talked about doing a similar situation when we merge our finances in which an allowance would be given to avoid over-spending.

If a little is worried about over-spending, they could also probably put their CG in charge of their "allowance" as well, and make it a kind of rule (ie. "you can only spend $__ a week on clothes"). Like with what SharkPrince and Knoxdom said, many times it's their own money that's given to them, not their CG giving them money.

By the way, money is not exclusively the reason why young people sometimes go for old. Some people just have a thing for older dudes lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ call it "wisdom", "experience", "taste", or just a kink.

It's not just about the money, and if it is, most people don't agree with it.

• Like 2

Guest Scatteredemotions

The allowance isn't usually money given to the Little, it's more so the Little doesn't have to deal with the responsibiltiies of an adult and in a trusting and lasting DdLg relationship the DaddyDom can suggest boundaries so the Little doesn't overspend on sweets, treats, collars, chokers, etc.

• Like 1

I very rarely come across a ddlg relationship where an allowance is given. Most Littles, including myself, work hard for their own money to pay for their own things.

Edit: Not all Littles are dating older men because of their money. That's a super rude assumption to make.

Edited by neko
  • Like 2

I'm twenty three. My Daddy is sixy two.

I enjoy older people because of the experience that they have in life. I like guidance and structure. I like people who have a stable life. Just because you're older doesn't mean you have money.

Like you said, a relationship exchanges cash anyway.

To equate sugaring and ddlg is just ignorant.

As someone who has participated in both lifestyles, I can tell you that that having a Daddy is an emotional attachment. Being a sugar baby, you're not a little. It's a job.

My Daddy and I are long distance. He loves shopping, as do I. So we shop together.

Being given an allowance doesn't mean you're a sugar baby. Sometimes people just need help financially.

A sugar baby relationship starts with talking numbers and figures. That's not how a ddlg relationship starts.

They aren't the same thing at all.

In many families, children have "pocket money". Money that the child can spend as he wants. It has nothing to do with the kids who are asking for money to have a relationship with a dad. :D

No way would Master EVER be expected to give His girl money for any reason. Or pay for dates, from the very beginning. Its been 50/50 from day one.

Guest BabyPeach

I'm twenty three. My Daddy is sixy two.

I enjoy older people because of the experience that they have in life. I like guidance and structure. I like people who have a stable life. Just because you're older doesn't mean you have money.

Like you said, a relationship exchanges cash anyway.

To equate sugaring and ddlg is just ignorant.

As someone who has participated in both lifestyles, I can tell you that that having a Daddy is an emotional attachment. Being a sugar baby, you're not a little. It's a job.

My Daddy and I are long distance. He loves shopping, as do I. So we shop together.

Being given an allowance doesn't mean you're a sugar baby. Sometimes people just need help financially.

A sugar baby relationship starts with talking numbers and figures. That's not how a ddlg relationship starts.

They aren't the same thing at all.

Ah, are you sugar coating it? Money is money and if it's someone else's money.....wellllll.....emotional connection or not, it's still money.

Oh and I stand by what I said about young and old if the caregiver is giving the little a financial allowance from the caregivers own money.

Edited by BabyPeach

Guest BabyPeach
kays, so if it is my own money that would be the "allowance", that isn't for me. No way is anyone going to tell me how I can spend my own money. Anyone else can go for it if they're into it. It isn't for me.

kays, so if it is my own money that would be the "allowance", that isn't for me. No way is anyone going to tell me how I can spend my own money. Anyone else can go for it if they're into it. It isn't for me.

You seem to be completely ignoring everyone elses posts and only reading what you want to read.

Edited by neko
  • Like 1

I don't have to justify why my relationship is the way it is.

You completely ignored anything i said about sugar babies.

Your responses have clearly shown you really don't care what anyone else has to say. You have made up you're mind and aren't willing to look at the other side.

At the end of the day, my relationship has no affect on yours.

I'm completely willing to help you understand but if you're gonna claim that I'm 'sugar coating'. You're assuming I'm not telling the true.

If you wanna look at my relationship and only see money that's your choice.

I'm not gonna waste my time trying to education someone who doesn't want to see both sides.

Ah, are you sugar coating it? Money is money and if it's someone else's money.....wellllll.....emotional connection or not, it's still money.

Oh and I stand by what I said about young and old if the caregiver is giving the little a financial allowance from the caregivers own money.

By that logic a "traditional" marriage arrangement in which the man works and the woman is a homemaker would also be a sugar relationship, because she doesn't work, so it's someone else's money. It really does seem like you've already made up your mind on the matter and so I'm a bit confused about what this post is for in the first place. 

• Like 1

Guest BabyPeach

By that logic a "traditional" marriage arrangement in which the man works and the woman is a homemaker would also be a sugar relationship, because she doesn't work, so it's someone else's money. It really does seem like you've already made up your mind on the matter and so I'm a bit confused about what this post is for in the first place. 

No, you obviously don't understand what a sugar arrangement is.  That's a person who solely exchanges sex for money.  She gets hers and he gets his and there's no commitment.  That's a far cry from a homemaker who stays home to care for the children and her/his partner.

Most people these days don't live as homemakers.  That's never a good idea anyway because that means the jobless partner is trapped in a situation that could eventually go bad.

Guest BabyPeach

I'm going to lock this thread as it seems to be going nowhere.  :D  I have learned all I need to know for any potential future relationships.  $$$$$$