Cool names/titles?

Guest Foffy

Guest Foffy

This might be a weird thread, but let's see. I have a thing for cool song/album titles and artist names. I guess it's kinda hard to explain, but just any name or title that you think is really cool on it's own without the song.

For example, I'm a sucker for really long song names. Sufjan Stevens has a song called "The Black Hawk War, or, How to Demolish An Entire Civilization and Still Feel Good About Yourself in the Morning, or, We Apologize for the Inconvenience but You're Going to Have to Leave Now, or, 'I Have Fought the Big Knives and Will Continue to Fight Them Until They Are Off Our Lands!'" ... which is ridiculously long and I think very clever.

There are some bands with cool names too, like "The Silence of a Whisper" or "And So I Watch You From Afar" or "This Town Needs Guns". There's a group called "██████" which is really confusing and also awesome.

Hopefully this thread makes some kind of sense!

EDIT: Realized the title doesn't specify music. But cool movie titles etc. are awesome too!

Guest MrKuma

For me a lot of usage of Latin or things of that sort really is what catches me or just really interestig phrases.

My favorite band's album is called AlanSmithee

which in turn: 

Alan Smithee (also Allen Smithee) was an official pseudonym used by film directors who wish to disown a project, coined in 1968

So i thought that was quite neat considering it was the bands last album as well before parting ways.

Guest Foffy

How do you even pronounce this? It reminds me when Prince changed his name to 13px-Prince_logo.svg.png.

I *think* it is "nic" (pronounced kinda like "neets"?), which I *think* is the Polish word for "nothing" or "null". Their idea seems to be that the band doesn't actually have a name. It makes it a giant pain to search/find on a lot of websites though.

For me a lot of usage of Latin or things of that sort really is what catches me or just really interestig phrases.

My favorite band's album is called AlanSmithee

which in turn: 

So i thought that was quite neat considering it was the bands last album as well before parting ways.

That's pretty cool too. That reminds me a bit of Mike Oldfield, whose album "Amarok" was kinda just an unmarketable "screw you" to his producers.