DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

How to be respectful

Miss_behaved

So I’ve become aware that I’m not quite the most respectful sub/Little. I am very attractive and it seems that when I’m in social settings without my daddy, I get hit on or other Doms approach me and seem to be “interviewing” me when really I just think it’s friendly chatter. I end up spending time with them creating friendships so that when I go to kink events, I’m not sitting there awkwardly. My problem is that even though I inform them I have a daddy and am not interested, my flirty personality makes it difficult and probably confuses the lines a bit and then I have to back track.

My question is, how can I be respectful yet not hurt peoples feelings or be confrontational (because that I am not) while also being friendly and slightly flirty?

This did not come out the way I wanted it to but hopefully some of you guys can understand lol. I don’t want to rewrite it haha.

Guest gobacktosleep

It sounds like you don't need to do anything different. You've made your situation clear and there is definitely nothing wrong with being flirtatious. Sadly, if you are attractive, guys will probably still try their luck, and it would be up to you to reiterate your situation where necessary. Which i can imagine getting tiresome. I think flirty refusal is the best response there, if you are enjoying the interaction; the old 'I know you're trying to hit on me, but i've told you, i'm spoken for' with accompanying cheeky smile. However, if you are tired of it, overwhelmed, or just being polite a sincere, 'I am spoken for' but that does invite that person to stop talking to you completely. 

It's difficult and a catch 22, but if a guy is genuinely respectful, they shouldn't take offence to either response. 

• Like 1

If you're flirty, then most guys will take that as you are available. Many people who say they are in relationships give out signals that means the relationship doesn't mean they won't fool around with someone else. Men are usually very simple creatures. You flirt, they think they've scored. Simples.
  • Like 3

I'm a naturally flirty person but I know where boundaries are and when it is not appropriate. I think it's just something you need to learn. 

But if you've made it clear that you are taken and not looking then it's partially on them as well if their feelings get hurt. 

If it's a kink event your Daddy putting a collar on you would work wonderfully  :p  But in all seriousness, there are boundaries when it comes to flirting just as there are boundaries when a person tells you they are taken.

If it's a kink event your Daddy putting a collar on you would work wonderfully  :p  But in all seriousness, there are boundaries when it comes to flirting just as there are boundaries when a person tells you they are taken.

Hehe i agree! I would love to be collared but were still  new-ish so I'm not holding my breath. Although, my birthday is tomorrow and I'm kinda hoping he just might. I had to backtrack with the guy I was talking to and clear things up. I explained my flirty nature but that I love my daddy and will not disrespect him by entertaining anything else. It went well and the guy was like, yeah no disrespect so if it ever escalates, i can get angry and cut off the friendship. Its just hard because this happens ALL THE TIME. Im a social butterfly and need to come with a warning label ;p

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ~*~Sachita~*~

You can wear a collar without being collared.

I often wear a fake wedding ring when I go out because I detest being hit on.

• Like 1

This is coming from the male perspective. I'm mostly dominant, but I guess not in the usual sense of being a full Dom.

Don't worry about their feelings. I know this may be difficult, because you're asking for help. So you care about others' feelings. Sometimes in life you have to hurt feelings, break eggshells, rip a bandage off, all that. I'm not saying this to be mean. Let's be honest, as someone else said, if you're flirty, quite a few will interpret that as a definite interest in the subject of your flirting. They need to be set straight. If they hit on you, then politely say something like no thanks, I'm in a relationship, etc. If they push it, they're being mean. At that point, their feelings don't matter because they're tossing your feelings away.

You have every right in the world to be flirty. It's normal for some to guess you may have an interest, but you have the right to tell them that no, you're not available and it's part of your personality. If they don't want to or can't understand that, then that's their problem. You and your daddy come first, and they come second and beyond.

You're not doing anything wrong by telling them that. And you're not doing anything wrong with being flirty.

• Like 2