Hello from Oregon!

Guest BrianPDX

Guest BrianPDX

I signed up awhile ago, then kind of forgot about this place for a little while, but now I figure it's time to finally introduce myself. 

My name is Brian, I'm 28 and live in Portland, OR.  I consider myself a daddy, though I am happy to chat with anyone.  I am a bit of a craft beer nerd, and I also enjoy baking, playing music, and exploring as much as possible. 

I'm glad to see that this site has grown into a thriving community, and I look forward to meeting people. 

• Like 1

Guest BrianPDX

Hi Brian. Aww man, a man who loves to bake. I think we can have some pretty fun conversations.

What kind of music do you like?

I'm messing around with sourdough right now, but I picked the wrong time of year to get back into baking.  It is far too hot to be in front of an oven right now. 

I was really into punk and ska growing up, and I still am to some extent, but my tastes have definitely broadened.  A lot of what I listen to now would probably fall under the indiefolk genre.

Hi Brian! It's nice to meet you, welcome back to the forums! My dad enjoys baking too, he's the one that taught me to cook and bake and grill, whereas my mother can burn ice. :p

A man that bakes on this site? Joins the line awaiting the finished product! :D

Anyways welcome to ddlg forums Brian.

Guest Rainbow

I love Portland! I've had many a happy memory there. By explore, what do you mean? Hike? Bike?

Welcome to the forum! I hope you have an insightful and fun time!

Hey Brian, I'm Em. 

I'm from Vancouver, WA and I loving baking too.

Have you ever been to the Mill City Brew Werks in Camas? It's a little outside Portland, but my Daddy and I love it! 

Guest BrianPDX

Thank you for all of the kind replies!  It looks like I'll have to start increasing my baking production, but I would definitely be down for a baked goods exchange of some sort. 

I like exploring by way of hiking, biking, road trips, or any other way to experience as much of the northwest as possible.  I absolutely love it up here and want to see and enjoy is much of this area as I can. 

I haven't been to Mill City Brew Werks yet, but I have heard good things about it.  I have a decent number of friends from Camas, so hopefully I'll get up there before long.  I don't like that there are breweries in the area that I haven't tried yet.  I love living in a place with such a variety of amazing breweries.