Rebel

Defiant but Honorable

• Banned
    • PipPipPip
    • 110 posts
    • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 14 April 2018 - 08:03 PM

Hi Staff!

I have been a member on the forums for a little over a year now and so far it's been a hit or miss. Many of my friends that I've made when I've been here have either gone off to find a "better site" or a lot of them have left because they felt they weren't treated fairly. It's come to my attention that many of the members (that I personally talk to) feel that the staff has been picking and choosing whom they "side with" or whom is their least favorite in the argument. Not only that it seems that there is no space for us members to voice how we feel about the staff anonymously without feeling like we are going to get reported. Personally, I do love many of y'all and believe that you are genuinely trying your best; however, behavior that is deemed unacceptable by some members, are considered okay for others. I'd also like to address the fact that our rules state that we need to be courteous to one another, but that is a gray area when it comes to chat because everyone wants this to be their own safe space  which leaves others at wits end to have to censor themselves. Some topics are wildly controversial, but the beauty of both the internet and freedom of thought is that we are allowed to have these opinions. My last point I'd like to make is that many individuals choose to come onto chat or discord while under the influence of whatever they so choose to use. And their actions are not only disrespectful (sometimes) but are also used an excuse to get away with their behavior. That should not be the case. We all came to this site to find a place we felt like we could fit in because we are outsiders wherever we call home. And yet we further subdivide ourselves to the point where we are outsiders to each other. 

If we had a better understanding on how y'all are judging each and every case you come by, like perhaps a standardizing rubric then the expectations on what you really want this community to be would be much clearer.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

"Show me a man who has no enemies, and I'll show you a man who's never stood for shit." 

#2 DeOriginalMittens

DeOriginalMittens

Mittens has transformed into earmuffs!

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 46 posts
    • LocationBurkburnett texas

Posted 14 April 2018 - 08:12 PM

I agree with this, in the past I experienced a similar issue where, someone was openly harassing me in front of an admin and the admin didn't even think twice until I mentioned it. And even then it was only a warning, where I got a warning point for putting a looking for friends and looking for a little into 1 post, not even a message of not doing that, this person just got a "don't do that." And I know it was favoritism because they talked on kik with each other. I'm keeping names out of it, but I still get harassed by this person and tend to avoid chat when he's in there because he deserves a piece of his own medicine, however, equally, I would probably get banned for doing what he did to me, so it is difficult. Yeah you admins, HAVE to stop playing favorites. Don't say you don't. BECAUSE YOU DO. Why does one get in trouble for the same thing another does but the other doesn't get in trouble at all, that is favorites, and it's a big cause of why you're losing grip on this site and other sites are increasing in population. We aren't harassing you, mocking you, making fun of you or anything. We just want to sit down and work through this like responsible adults.. and so help me if I get a "but we're a little" response, then I think you should step down from your throne of power and let in those who are responsible adults.

• Rebel likes this

Give into the dark side

#3 Guest_littleloveslars_*

Guest_littleloveslars_*
    • Guests

Posted 14 April 2018 - 09:31 PM

This is a free forum on the internet run by people with their own jobs, lives, and issues. The people who run the site on staff do not have the luxury of coming into chat and being freely themselves. I have watched friends get staff seats, only to withdraw into themselves. This forum is draining for people who are not on staff, so just imagine the nonsense that staff has to deal with. If you feel things were handled incorrectly, or favorites is being played, its more responsible to take it up with staff privately, rather than ranting about one sided opinions you have about previous situations that a majority of forum users know nothing about. Staff does the best that they can with the resources they are given. I think its ridiculous to expect a website to operate like some new world Democratic republic where we all get a say, and this land is your land and my land and is our melting pot of goodness. Its the internet. It doesnt work that way.
    • DaddysMonkey likes this

#4 Little Illy

Little Illy

Advanced Member

• Banned
    • PipPipPip
    • 896 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 10:11 PM

If I am being honest? I have written about 5 drafts to comment on this. But in the end, I can't post any of them.

The fear of crossing anyone's toes is too great, even though it is my own opinion and I am not claiming any facts.

It makes me wonder who else is remaining silent.

• DaddysMonkey, Loki and Angel24 like this

#5 Little Illy

Little Illy

Advanced Member

• Banned
    • PipPipPip
    • 896 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 11:24 PM

A friend of mine texted me replying to me saying "who else is remaining silent." He or she ended the text with this:

"So, yeah, I'm sure there are a lot more who are quiet about this issue. We know better."

I just felt... like it was only fair his or her voice was heard. Even if just in quotes.

• DaddysMonkey and Loki like this

#6 Loki

Loki

Mischief on Wheels

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 347 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 11:58 PM

I have seen this, as well. It’s maddening but as I have no where else to go I have to leave this as my comment.

Edited by Loki’s Shadow, 14 April 2018 - 11:58 PM.

Real love doesn’t meet you at your best. It meets you in your mess. - J.S. Park

#7 ᗰikᗩitᗩkᑌ 𝔴𝔬𝔩𝔣 Groot

ᗰikᗩitᗩkᑌ 𝔴𝔬𝔩𝔣 Groot

Wilderness

• Banned
    • PipPipPip
    • 250 posts
    • LocationBeaverton OR

Posted 15 April 2018 - 05:05 PM

I have noticed that some alcoholics have been allowed to be assholes and start fights without anyone batting an eye, I know of at least one person who seems to constantly try to start fights but isn't banned for it. I have also seen one person provoke another member so that they would get so angry that they could not think straight and ended up getting into trouble.

I don't think there is really anything anyone can do

• DaddysMonkey and Loki like this
    <p>I don't intend to come off as rude or disrespectful so if I say something that sounds like it, please tell me and hopefully we can clear any misunderstanding up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users