#1 CuddleMonster89

CuddleMonster89

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 142 posts
    • LocationBroomfield, CO

Posted 14 April 2018 - 08:19 PM

My friend forgot his password to the forum and discovered no Captcha image is being displayed when he tries to reset his password. When he clicked on the "I've forgotten my password" link, taking him to https://www.ddlgforu...ection=lostpass ,  instead of seeing a Captcha image he sees the message "V1 Shutdown on 2018-03-31":

N7WZAod.png?1

The "V1 Shutdown on 2018-03-13" error message also appears for me when I go to https://www.ddlgforu...ection=lostpass in both Chrome and Firefox. Below the red text it says "Direct site owners to g.co/recaptcha/upgrade", and when I go to http://g.co/recaptcha/upgrade it says:

What happens to reCAPTCHA v1?

Any calls to the v1 API will not work after March 31, 2018. Starting in November 2017, a percentage of reCAPTCHA v1 traffic will begin to show a notice informing users that the old API will soon be retired.

Most websites around the world have already switched to reCAPTCHA v2, where humans pass effortlessly. With our advanced risk analysis engine, reCAPTCHA v2 can effectively separate humans from bots and always stay ahead of the attackers.

If your site still uses reCAPTCHA v1, please upgrade to reCAPTCHA v2 immediately. We no longer support reCAPTCHA v1. Any calls to the v1 API will not work after March 31, 2018. Please register a new key and upgrade to v2.

Edited by CuddleMonster89, 14 April 2018 - 08:46 PM.

#2 cupcakebaby

cupcakebaby

• Members
    • Pip
    • 2 posts
    • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 14 April 2018 - 08:38 PM

I had the same thing happen and literally typed in "V1 Shutdown on 2018-03-31" and it worked! Don't know if it was just a glitch that it went through but it's worth a try if your friend hasn't already tried that!

Edited by cupcakebaby, 14 April 2018 - 08:38 PM.

#3 CuddleMonster89

CuddleMonster89

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 142 posts
    • LocationBroomfield, CO

Posted 14 April 2018 - 08:46 PM

Ah thanks yeah that appears to work for me as well and I received a password recovery email. I'll let him know :). So it looks like the issue is not something that's preventing anyone from resetting their password and not a major issue. Though it still would be good to upgrade to the new recaptcha system at some point. Since the password reset flow appears to be working I'll rename this thread from "Password reset flow is currently broken" to "Reset password captcha is currently broken". 

Edited by CuddleMonster89, 14 April 2018 - 08:50 PM.

#4 DevaCic

DevaCic

• Members
    • Pip
    • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:47 AM

Ive tried numerous times to have an email sent to reset my password. I have yet to get that email. I have a new laptop and would like to log in on it, but cannot because Ive forgotten my password. I usually stay logged in on my desktop, so Ive forgotten it. Help?

#5 ForumDaddy

ForumDaddy

• Administrator
    • 15 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 09:29 AM

I just sent you a message about your password.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users