27 replies to this topic

#1 Powerofdd

Powerofdd

Primal

• Banned
    • Pip
    • 4 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:30 PM

Be thankful for what you have now. The positive energy of gratitude raises you vibration to a higher state. Think about good energy as light and high, and negative energy as heavy and dark.

#2 Guest_Den_*

Guest_Den_*
    • Guests

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:49 PM

Honestly you're only copying other people's work.

https://blog.mindval...ational-energy/

• papapresents and RavenclawPrincess like this

#3 Powerofdd

Powerofdd

Primal

• Banned
    • Pip
    • 4 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:01 PM

Honestly you're only copying other people's work.

https://blog.mindval...ational-energy/

I never mentioned its my work, I found it at WordPress and wrote in my note book and thought of sharing it. I didn't even know from where it was. And why do I need to say its my work, when it's not.

#4 Tiny_Tina

Tiny_Tina

The one who observes

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 133 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:06 PM

i just don`t get this type of posts. 

In my head a post is a place where someone expresses a problem/question/opinion and engages others into a discussion.

This confuses me.

• SUeB and papapresents like this

#5 SUeB

SUeB

Devoted to Master

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 985 posts
    • LocationWest Yorkshire

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:26 PM

If you're posting the work of others, it's kind of important to name the source, or at least say its not your own work. Plagiarism. It's a thing.
    • Gândi_Bee, ArcOfInfinity, papapresents and 1 other like this
    This heart, soul and body belong to Him. Now and forever. All for Him.

#6 ArcOfInfinity

ArcOfInfinity

Arc

• 501 posts
    • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:35 PM

I never mentioned its my work, I found it at WordPress and wrote in my note book and thought of sharing it. I didn't even know from where it was. And why do I need to say its my work, when it's not.

By not giving credit to the actual author you are implying it is your own. That is plagiarism and it's not okay. If you had it written down and no longer have the original source the very least you could do is say "found on WordPress."
    • SUeB, papapresents and Tiny_Tina like this

#7 DDevoted_Embrace

DDevoted_Embrace

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 16 posts
    • LocationSweden

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:02 PM

Can we measure these energies, or is this woo?

#8 Guest_Lil169_*

Guest_Lil169_*
    • Guests

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:35 PM

i just don`t get this type of posts. 

In my head a post is a place where someone expresses a problem/question/opinion and engages others into a discussion.
    This confuses me.

Am not sure how or why this post wouldn't engage conversation or discussion....it is something valuable to think about.

This post is definitely an opinion as well and one that I share & do think about..So yes it did catch my eye.

Why do we not take more notice of things around us to be grateful for.?

Am Sorry it confused you.

#9 Guest_Lil169_*

Guest_Lil169_*
    • Guests

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:50 PM

By not giving credit to the actual author you are implying it is your own. That is plagiarism and it's not okay. If you had it written down and no longer have the original source the very least you could do is say "found on WordPress."

So then are we all committing plagiarism bcs of our profile pics.? I don't see where you have listed a "source" for your profile pic...do you actually have an outfit that says "Baby Girl" on it.? Bcs I can find pics like it online. So are you plagiarizing now.?

I do not think starting a topic on any given subject that we have found on the internet is hardly plagerism.....That certainly was not my first thought when I read this post...now if someone had said...hey I wrote this...& then it not be true then yes that is plagerism....

But starting a topic with a quote or a post...while it is courteous to quote or say source, doesn't automatically make a person "stealing" another's work. I mean who knows...maybe this person doesn't know our courtesies..maybe they are from different culture.?

Idk...I just know that I for one appreciate deep topics sometimes that aren't about complaining or surface things...but ones like this that actually get one thinking. Just my humble opinion.

#10 Tiny_Tina

Tiny_Tina

The one who observes

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 133 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:53 PM

Am not sure how or why this post wouldn't engage conversation or discussion....it is something valuable to think about.

This post is definitely an opinion as well and one that I share & do think about..So yes it did catch my eye.

Why do we not take more notice of things around us to be grateful for.?

Am Sorry it confused you.

i get it, but still it was not in a form where i would perceive it as an attempt for a conversation, rathen than just "food for thought" 

but as i mentioned "in my head" it is like that, it doesnt mean that for others is the same thing.Its fine, no worries 

#11 Guest_Lil169_*

Guest_Lil169_*
    • Guests

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:53 PM

Can we measure these energies, or is this woo?

I have read where science is actually starting to be able to do just that and it is exciting.!

#12 ArcOfInfinity

ArcOfInfinity

Arc

• 501 posts
    • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:07 PM

So then are we all committing plagiarism bcs of our profile pics.? I don't see where you have listed a "source" for your profile pic...do you actually have an outfit that says "Baby Girl" on it.? Bcs I can find pics like it online. So are you plagiarizing now.?

I do not think starting a topic on any given subject that we have found on the internet is hardly plagerism.....That certainly was not my first thought when I read this post...now if someone had said...hey I wrote this...& then it not be true then yes that is plagerism....

Yes, That is my picture. It is of me so I do not need to post a source. I do not post photos that are not my own. I'm willing to provide evidence that I actually have that outfit and that it's really me if you are that pedantic lol. and pics like it doesn't mean the exact picture. 

As for saying it's plagarism if he claims it is his... well. I don't know if that's how things work. Throughout school and university I have always been taught to quote sources if I use anything of someone else's. And not doing so is plagiarism regardless of whether I claim it or not. 

• papapresents likes this

#13 RavenclawPrincess

RavenclawPrincess

Advanced Member

• 87 posts
    • LocationUSA

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:10 PM

Arc is right. Plagiarism is a good way to lose your job, fail classes, get kicked out of university/college, find yourself on the wrong end of a lawsuit, etc. Always cite your sources! At least for the internet it isn't so strict but it's still a good idea to say that an idea is not your own at the very least. Intellectual property is a real thing that is internationally recognized.

#14 DDevoted_Embrace

DDevoted_Embrace

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 16 posts
    • LocationSweden

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:46 PM

I have read where science is actually starting to be able to do just that and it is exciting.!

Do you have a source for those claims? Because i would very much like to check that out. If you don't, i have no reason to believe that "the positive energy of gratitude raises you vibration to a higher state," whatever that means.

Edited by DDevoted_Embrace, 16 May 2018 - 09:51 PM.

#15 Guest_Lil169_*

Guest_Lil169_*
    • Guests

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:15 AM

Do you have a source for those claims? Because i would very much like to check that out. If you don't, i have no reason to believe that "the positive energy of gratitude raises you vibration to a higher state," whatever that means.

Https://upliftconnect.com/gratitude-experiment

[url="https://upliftconnec...form-the-water/

Researchers in Japan have shown in an experiment with water crystals how the attitude of gratitude actually transforms physical matter.

Seeing the we as human beings are made up of water imagine what gratitude does to our own bodies.!

Edited by Lil169, 17 May 2018 - 03:31 AM.

#16 Guest_Lil169_*

Guest_Lil169_*
    • Guests

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:26 AM

Arc is right. Plagiarism is a good way to lose your job, fail classes, get kicked out of university/college, find yourself on the wrong end of a lawsuit, etc. Always cite your sources! At least for the internet it isn't so strict but it's still a good idea to say that an idea is not your own at the very least. Intellectual property is a real thing that is internationally recognized.

But what all of you are doing here is jumping to conclusions....this person didn't claim this was his own idea...he even stated in a later post that he found it and wrote notes about it....and he posted his notes. Seriously....? Now our notes are plagiarism.? And to the one who posted the link.? Seriously...what was written was not word for word from that link....this was somebody's thoughts if indeed he/she even read that link....no plagerism and frankly am done with this conversation that is clearly jumping to conclusions instead of appreciating what someone's thoughts were on a subject that wasn't sex or "me" based or anything else.

#17 Tiny_Tina

Tiny_Tina

The one who observes

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 133 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:51 AM

But starting a topic with a quote or a post...while it is courteous to quote or say source, doesn't automatically make a person "stealing" another's work. I mean who knows...maybe this person doesn't know our courtesies..maybe they are from different culture.?

Idk...I just know that I for one appreciate deep topics sometimes that aren't about complaining or surface things...but ones like this that actually get one thinking. Just my humble opinion.

oh my, you are feisty! :D :D

I thought i was, until i met you  :p

*steps back, gives the crown*

• papapresents likes this

#18 SUeB

SUeB

Devoted to Master

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 985 posts
    • LocationWest Yorkshire

Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:40 AM

Shame this dude can't fight his own battles, lol. But i guess if you can't use your own words, it makes sense you can't do that either.
    • Little Illy, ArcOfInfinity, Tiny_Tina and 1 other like this

#19 ArcOfInfinity

ArcOfInfinity

Arc

• 501 posts
    • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:01 AM

But what all of you are doing here is jumping to conclusions....this person didn't claim this was his own idea...he even stated in a later post that he found it and wrote notes about it....and he posted his notes. Seriously....? Now our notes are plagiarism.? And to the one who posted the link.? Seriously...what was written was not word for word from that link....this was somebody's thoughts if indeed he/she even read that link....no plagerism and frankly am done with this conversation that is clearly jumping to conclusions instead of appreciating what someone's thoughts were on a subject that wasn't sex or "me" based or anything else.

As I said before, if he cannot remember the source he could always put "found on wordpress." 

No, he did not directly claimed it. He implied it. And as said multiple times now, many places will call that plagiarism. I could not write an essay for my university without writing sources and get away with the excuse "but I didn't claim it was mine." That is not how things work. Even if I had written notes earlier and then just put them somewhere else, it would be plagiarism if I did not quote a source. It's still not original work which is the point people are making. 

I do not understand why you feel the need to be so defensive on part of someone else who is clearly old enough to defend themselves should they feel the need. This will be my last reply to you because this behaviour (aggressive and defensive) just shows a lack of proper ways to communicate your thoughts and I am not willing to deal with that any longer. Have a good day. :)

• SUeB and Tiny_Tina like this

#20 SUeB

SUeB

Devoted to Master

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 985 posts
    • LocationWest Yorkshire

Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:15 AM

I do not understand why you feel the need to be so defensive on part of someone else who is clearly old enough to defend themselves should they feel the need. This will be my last reply to you because this behaviour (aggressive and defensive) just shows a lack of proper ways to communicate your thoughts and I am not willing to deal with that any longer. Have a good day. :)

It does seem very strange indeed. i have my suspicions. Especially since this is the one account that has liked the original post, and there's not much activity from it. It seems the only forum comments are the ones on this discussion.
    • 🍦MilkPop💖, ArcOfInfinity and Tiny_Tina like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users