I think I'm a Little...

littlesparklymermaid

Hi! I've only recently began learning about DDlg and Littles. I'm not entirely sure I'm in the right place or if DDlg is for me because I'm not really into being Dominated or care to refer to someone else as "Daddy" (since I'm really close to my biological Daddy and personally would feel bizarre to refer to anyone else as that). But I guess I'm interested in having the Caretaker aspect of it...eventually. Basically right now I'm not into the sexual/BDSM aspect of DDlg. I have a longer, epiphany-like essay on my Tumblr (which I think is linked in my profile) if anyone is actually interested in my more in depth ramblings of what I'm going to try to summarize here.

More about me...I'm 30 and I've always found it hard to let go of my childhood. As an adult I've found myself going back and trying to cling on to the past. I still have a bulk of all my toys because I can't part with them (plus they're pretty cool...). I still fit into kids sizes and have some of my clothes from ~back in the day.~ I'm a Dollar Treeaholic and always wind up buying lots of kiddish things. 

I think partaking in Little Space would be very therapeutic to me for several reasons. I feel like regressing back to mainly 6-10 and sometimes to teen years (Middle?) would be quite satisfactory and fun! 

Anywho, I'll stop my rambling now. I'm just excited to learn more about all of this! :)

• Like 2

It's nice to meet you! And don't worry about not wanting to call a caregiver 'daddy' or 'mommy' (not sure if you go both ways or not, so I added mommy just in case) not everyone wants to call their Dom that. There are many different titles a Dom can have.

Daddy/Mommy

King/Queen

Prince/Princess

Teddy

Boo

Bae

Sir/Ma'am

Mister/Miss/Misses

Cupcake

Puppy/Kitten

Cuddle Bug

That's just a few examples! There's even a topic in either Littlespace or the DDLG Discussion forums about what you can call your Dom. Anyways, DDLG doesn't have to be sexual or BDSM. For a long time my Daddy and I were just cuddling and hanging out, I mean we had a couple baths, but they were innocent bubbly baths. I think it's amazing that you can still fit in kids clothes! I wish I could! My little age though has always been pretty constant, I regress to 3 years. (/.\)

Here we're really excited to meet new people that're excited about learning stuffs! :)

• Like 2

Welcome, well you're in the right place to learn if this is right for you! Check out some topics in the boards if you have any questions!

You do not need to be into the bdsm aspect to be a little! I started noticing my interest in primarily childish activities and eventually discovered I was a little through the d/s relationship when I didn't fit into the dynamic and then through Tumblr, I discovered that my childish antics were not abnormal! And now I'm here!

So any time you have questions or wanna chat, I'm here! And welcome to the forum! !

• Like 1

Thank you both, LittleMaddie and LittleBec for the warm welcome!!! And also thank you both for sharing information, as well as about your DDlg beginnings! :) :)

Hi littlesparklymermaid, there's a chance I may of encountered you as I Tumblr (is that a verb???) apart from writing a blog before outside of posting here and agree with LittleMaddie and LittleBec being a little doesn't mean you have to have anything to do with adult sex or bdsm (although there's no reason why anyone who feels that way can't) because being a little is at its simpliest is about expressing your younger inner child feelings that are within you as they are a part of who you are.

They may come out in the forms of attachment to objects like plushies or just feeling skipping, the feeling of like 'playing ' in a safe place, maybe colouring, laughing at a cartoon or singing to a lullabye.

You may like to dress more like child too but it's all from that little  'Headspace' , the feeling at the moment you ARE that little, back in time with all the emotional feelings and age appropriate responses of your inner child.

Believe you me, it's far healthier to acknowledge that side of you as difficult as it can be to start with and find ways of letting it out having been there and done it as an angry young child soon can trip up an adult in her adult life areas. You're free to message me if you wish to talk in confidence.

((Hugs))

• Like 2

Welcome littlesparklymermaid ^^ (love your username by the way)

As others have said, being little doesn't have to be linked to a BDSM/sexual/romantic relationship, it's all about embracing your inner child and regressing to an earlier state.

Sure. having someone to share those moments with you can be fun, but you can easily be a single little or keep your little side to yourself.

I've also seen some littles on the internet who have a close friend as their caretaker.

I hope this clears up some questions you may have. If you have any specific questions don't hesitate to ask them in the little space subforum.

• Like 1

Thank you Tread, Joanne_chan, and Connie!!!

It's awesomely amazing how warm and inviting you all are!!! :wub:  I'm learning so much from here, and it's all very exciting! So again, thank you all very much!!

• Like 1