Favorite Low-Budget Movie?

Tiger Striperino

One of my many interests are those crappy SyFy Original Movies like "Camel Spiders" or "Bermuda Tentacles" or really anything made by The Asylum.

I love the unadulterated violence, stupidity, and the utter insanity that permeate these films. And because there's so little effort put into these films they're also more pure than their big-budget counterparts, there's no hidden meanings or allegories, there's only people gettig ripped apart by different creatures. And I love that.

My favorites are "2 Headed Shark Attack" "Camel Spiders" "Sand Sharks" "Shark Week" and that any of the films with Mega Shark in the title. Most of these are just schlock films.

Also, the Sharknado films are art.

What are your favorite crappy/Low-Budget films?

They Live. alien invasion movie from the 80's starring the wresteler rowdy rody piper. I actually saw it in the theater.

south park recreated the fight scene withy rody piper and lois gosset jr verbatim but stood in jimmi and timmi!

• Like 1

My favourite low-budget movie would have to be "The Room" by Tommy Wisseau. It's incredibly hilarious and definitely worth a watch.

• Like 2

They Live. alien invasion movie from the 80's starring the wresteler rowdy rody piper. I actually saw it in the theater.

south park recreated the fight scene withy rody piper and lois gosset jr verbatim but stood in jimmi and timmi!

They Live is one of my absolute favorites!

• 3 weeks later...

It depends on what you mean, categorically, as low budget?

The Evil Dead trilogy (not the remake) or stuff from the 50's they used to make fun of on mystery science theatre 3000?

Or just newer stuff?

I live for old drive in horror flicks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest kittycandy's Daddy

Though probably not really what would go on a list like this, one of the only films I've watched that I know was on low budget is the film, Who Killed Captain Alex.

Made in Uganda, I honestly can't tell if this is the official movie release or not, but it appears to be from their official channel. The movie was so low budget that the computers used to make it died after rendering the movie, making editing impossible.