DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

the problem with ghosting

Quirkygrl16

I hate it. I really like talking to new people and then like after a day they always stop talking to me and I'm left feeling like I did something wrong. Then that triggers my depression and it sucks. Does anyone else ever feel like this? I just want consistent communication

It be like that sometimes

it just kinda sucks. I have this stupid thing where I get attached to people easily v.v

Unfortunately only time and experience can help you learn distancing mechanisms so these fall outs don't seem so painful. The best thing I can say is this:

This is the internet. Dont trust anyone until they ACTUALLY give you a reason to trust them. And calling you cute, adorable and wanting to be with you isn't actually trust - it is their interest in you. Don't give yourself to someone you don't know, that is the only way to avoid this. Which is impossible, I know. But it is achievable to a degree. 

Not every guy on here is a potential Daddy - you should see it as every guy on here is a potential situation (good or bad). They can become friends, family, your partner, or they can become trolls, be mean or hateful. You need to strengthen your outer skin and be prepared to exhibit self-control to find someone worth your while.

• Like 2

Guest Nocent

I hate it. I really like talking to new people and then like after a day they always stop talking to me and I'm left feeling like I did something wrong. Then that triggers my depression and it sucks. Does anyone else ever feel like this? I just want consistent communication

I understand this is in little space and that I shouldn't necessarily be in this forum but in this case you all will have to make an exception.

There are a ton of reasons that this could happen to you, but at the end of the day what matters most is that it is not your fault. I repeat it is not your fault.

I know that does not heal the fallout from it happening but you will get through it.

I understand how easy it is to get attached to someone rather quick and to have them disappear and it causes you to question yourself a little but I am here if you ever want to talk.

Edited by Nocent
  • Like 1

Guest LeftyGuitar

It sucks, but in this day and age, ghosting has become fairly common. Its the easy way out. It is much better to tell someone you're not interested, than ghost. I know its hard, but its better than ghosting. You can also tell someone you're not interested without being mean about it.

• Like 1

As someone who has repeatedly been the victim of ghosting, I can understand how much it sucks. Not to mention how hard it can hit your mental health. Because of it my brain has learned to believe that eventually every person I start talking to and take interest in will eventually leave, but in reality you shouldn’t let the ghosters forever damage your search for the right one. They may be stuck in a tree somewhere, but they’re there:)
  • Like 1

As an adult, I have to be a hard cookie because of my line of work; I don't trust people and keep my distance, so that side of me doesn't relate. However, I get super attached to people in little space and love them lots - and I build an incredibly intense bond with other littles. It's super lonely and saddening when contact ceases, but you've just gotta focus on other things, keep your mind active and eventually you'll heal. Crying is good too, it helps me! But I'm a massive crybaby.... Sssshhh, don't tell anyone xD

Ghosting can happen to anyone for many reasons; it happens in the vanilla world too! I have faith you'll get there eventually, and everything will be fine. Just keep your chin up.  :)

• Like 4

Unfortunately only time and experience can help you learn distancing mechanisms so these fall outs don't seem so painful. The best thing I can say is this:

This is the internet. Dont trust anyone until they ACTUALLY give you a reason to trust them. And calling you cute, adorable and wanting to be with you isn't actually trust - it is their interest in you. Don't give yourself to someone you don't know, that is the only way to avoid this. Which is impossible, I know. But it is achievable to a degree.

Not every guy on here is a potential Daddy - you should see it as every guy on here is a potential situation (good or bad). They can become friends, family, your partner, or they can become trolls, be mean or hateful. You need to strengthen your outer skin and be prepared to exhibit self-control to find someone worth your while.

I am not trying to find a daddy,just friends. I've never had thick skin sadly. I always wear my heart on my sleeve.

I am not trying to find a daddy,just friends. I've never had thick skin sadly. I always wear my heart on my sleeve.

Oof that can be even harder, in some cases. 

Maybe talk to someone you trust about distancing methods as well as defensive moves that will help you through wading through the possible friendship pool.

hi there!! angel here and i wanna talk about ghosting :(

as of where i live, most of the friendships/potential relationships i've made on here have resulted in ghosting, including on the caregiver's side of things.

it sucks! when you're talking to a caregiver and they suddenly stop responding!!! whether it's the "easy" way out or not, i just wish caregivers would be more open with the littles they're talking to and stop leaving us hanging!

i know littles ghost as well, there have been a few times where (because im uncomfy with the cg im talking to) ive had to bounce, but i always try to be as open as possible with them :( i just wish it wasn't a thing :(

anyways! this thread is for any little who's been ghosted by a friend or potential cg, a place to rant or share experiences on how to get over the ghosted effect!!

i love u all n pls know i believe in us littles!

Guest Dulci

Had it happen here with a fellow little. I really struggle making friends but this one girl and I just clicked! We spoke lots and I thought: wow I've actually made a friend here.

It's been a month now since she vanished. I've messaged once or twice and the messages have not been delivered (on a messaging app). So I'm assuming she's deactivated things. It really sucks!

I just had to tell myself it's not me/my fault. I can understand being busy for a week or two: but to ghost is just rude.

That's the reason why I prefer to give an explanation before leaving or before being busy for longer than a couple of days (ノдヽ) people don't deserve to feel like they did something wrong, when there wasn't a wrong thing at all ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ

I have an experience with ghosting outside DDLG world and was discouraging (*´・Д・) we knew each other for almost four years and we wanted to meet in real life, so she invited me to her house and I said yes ¯\_( ◉ 3 ◉ )_/¯ because I am an idiot, to be honest. When I had the plane tickets — which cost me a good lot of money — and we were a week away to hug each other... Nothing. She vanished on thin air like she never existed ((●´∧`●))so obviously I tried super hard to contact her for three days. I called her home, I called to her phone, I was desesperated and about to take that plane and person myself on the door of her house (´;ω;`) just to know if something bad happened to her...

The night before my flight, her mother contacted me with a short message: "leave her alone, you're such a stalker and I am going to call the police" ●︿● it came out of nowhere because, honestly... What is the best course of actions when an internet friend dissapear? I left her alone, of course.

Months after this, she tried to contact me a lot of times ಠ╭╮ಠ but I ignored her and took a lot of screenshots, showing her name and her e-mail, to send it back to her mother. I don't know what happened, and I absolutely don't care, but it hurted me so badly.

Guest ~*~Sachita~*~