milkpop

Advanced Member

• 1025 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 01:46 PM

med_gallery_23642_2428_65256.png

Update 01/10/18
    https://www.ddlgforu...st/#entry184878

Hai ev'rybody!
    (If you read that in Doctor Nick's voice +1 Bonus Points)

We're starting up monthly DIY contests.

There will be 2 per month, posted within the same announcement.

1 Smallish DIY

For those with few supplies or time, but the drive and enthusiasm of a thousand horses!

1 Medium/Large DIY

For those with the supplies, resourcefulness, time and energy!

Starting on the 1st of every month.

Final entries due on the last day of the month.

It's open to everybody!

Staff will vote on member's entries, like with the Colouring Contest.

BUT, GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

So long as there's 2+ staff entries, we will have a poll for all of you to vote on OUR entries D: Which is a terrifying new venture, and will be separated from the member entries to keep it fair of course (because we plan these things together in advance lol)

DIYfurnituresamples.png

This Month’s Challenges

Papercraft Decor

E.g. Paper flowers, paper butterflies, origami.

Excludes things like posters, cards etc. Those will come at a later date.

Furniture DIY

Furniture building, furniture refurbishing, just plain ol' sprucing up a piece of previously rugged furniture.

Chairs, tables, lamps, desks- anything as long as it's furniture.

Sneaky Secret Symbol (will change every month)

DIY_August_Symbol.png

Rules

• Must submit a Before & After Photo
    • We will provide a symbol like the one above, with each DIY announcement. Draw that on a piece of paper, place it beside your DIY in both the Before & After. It must be in the photo to qualify and cannot be photoshopped in.
      This is to prove it's your own work, and rather than ask individuals to write their usernames- will respect your privacy and prevent questions that may arise if someone were to happen upon your username mid DIY or find your photos.
    • Your DIY must be unique to you, within reason.
    • Quote sources used for inspiration (tutorials etc)- to show you haven’t 100% copied someone else’s idea, but also to share the tutorial with others. ^-^
    • No premade craft kits/packs.
    • A family member, partner or friend can assist you with your DIY but the majority of your project needs to be done by you.
    • NO Sex Furniture
    • NO Sex Machinery
    • NO Sex Toys
    • NO Sexually Explicit Content

Spoiler

​We have created certificates for each category Winner!!

There's a regular sized Certificate and a mini banner for those who wish to add it to their profile or signature.

pro_DIY_cert_med_lge.png

DIY_mini_banner.png

:heart: Entries Will Be Posted Here As They’re Submitted :heart:

• babyjellybean, 🇬🇧🔥BARBIE🔥🇬🇧, Daddybears PLB and 2 others like this

82_FC2_C34-090_C-4_CD4-_BD8_E-7_C89049_C

#2 Little Illy

Little Illy

Advanced Member

• Banned
    • PipPipPip
    • 896 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 06:27 PM

Oh, my, god, I hope I get the materials I want! Daddy and I have a new little room for me and I wanna make a sign for it that says "The Tropical Igloo" out of paper! :D This would be perfect!

• milkpop likes this

#3 Daddybears PLB

Daddybears PLB

🐻 👑🎀Little Bear🎀👑🐻

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 146 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 05:14 AM

Love this!!!! ♡♡♡♡
    Hopefully I'll have the time to enter each month ☺
    • milkpop likes this

#4 Guest_Arc_*

Guest_Arc_*
    • Guests

Posted 06 September 2018 - 04:51 PM

Here's my entry! I know it's really early but I decided to power it out because I have a super busy month ahead with uni. 

I bought a set of drawers for $3 at the dump. The paint was yellowing and there was some water damage to the top, but overall they weren't in bad shape. 

I sanded back the lumps formed by the water damage and repainted the front with a fresh coat of white paint. I was going to paint my own designs on the front, but then I found this adhesive vinyl in a store. It was $3 for 2m, and because I was trying to get this done in one day I went with that instead.  :p 

The drawer handles were glued on as well as screwed, which meant I couldn't take them off to lay down the vinyl. I had to cut it to fit over the handles which made it really awkward. It also meant I had to put the vinyl down and trim the edges to fit, making this way less easy than I had hoped for ><

Overall this cost $12 (~$8 USD). $3 for the drawers and $9 for the vinyl. I already had the paints and paint brushes. 

I know the black and white isn't every little's favourite colour, but you can get this vinyl in lots of colours and patterns (even chalk board so you can draw all over it  :p) so you could easily do up an old or cheap set of drawers to hold all your little gear and clothes. I'm waiting on some black satin to come in that I ordered online to line the drawers with, and after that I'll be able to store all kinds of things in here ^^ 

2018-08-03_10.45.16-1.jpg

2018-08-06_16.08.02.png

2018-08-06_16.08.11.png

2018-08-06_15.55.31.jpg

2018-08-06_15.51.47.jpg

• Daddybears PLB, milkpop and SmartAssLittle like this

#5 Daddybears PLB

Daddybears PLB

🐻 👑🎀Little Bear🎀👑🐻

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 146 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 05:23 PM

Wow.... you've done a magnificient job!! And what a bargain so its win win!! Well done!! ☺ i love the pattern on the vinyl.

I really hope i get time to do my diy project by the end of the month... i want to revamp some lamp shades.
    • milkpop likes this

#6 Little Illy

Little Illy

Advanced Member

• Banned
    • PipPipPip
    • 896 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 06:37 PM

Arc that is AMAZING!!!!!!!! I just vote for you. I dont even know if I wanna enter cuz I just want you to win and I dont want to compete against that cool set of drawers XD

#7 milkpop

milkpop

Advanced Member

• 1025 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 06:38 PM

Wow.... you've done a magnificient job!! And what a bargain so its win win!! Well done!! ☺ i love the pattern on the vinyl.
    I really hope i get time to do my diy project by the end of the month... i want to revamp some lamp shades.

Ooh. I really hope you find the time. I was thinking about doing a lampshade also, but the frame is a really awkward shape and I have no idea how to tackle it tbh ^^ lol

Even if people only find the time to do the smol DIYs, I just hope people have fun with it. :”3 :heart:
    • Daddybears PLB likes this

#8 Daddybears PLB

Daddybears PLB

🐻 👑🎀Little Bear🎀👑🐻

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 146 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 12:13 AM

Ooh. I really hope you find the time. I was thinking about doing a lampshade also, but the frame is a really awkward shape and I have no idea how to tackle it tbh ^^ lol
    Even if people only find the time to do the smol DIYs, I just hope people have fun with it. :”3 :heart:

Thanks ☺ I'm gona do my best, my lampshades won't be a huge job i don't think if it goes to plan...ha! I was goin to buy new ones to match in with redecorating my hallway but the comp has inspired me to give them a new lease of life ;)

You should totally have a go at your lampshade, you could always respray it if its and awkward shape to recover.

Its all about the fun and diy can be therapeutic at times i think ♡

#9 milkpop

milkpop

Advanced Member

• 1025 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 11:04 AM

Congrats, Arc. You won!
    Your prize is a set of drawers for all your kink gear and cute clothes- but it looks like you already have one.
    So instead here’s some clip art of a trophy.

image.jpg

#10 Guest_Arc_*

Guest_Arc_*
    • Guests

Posted 29 September 2018 - 02:57 PM

Hehe. I love it! ^^ 

Hopefully next month will have more entries~

#11 Daddybears PLB

Daddybears PLB

🐻 👑🎀Little Bear🎀👑🐻

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 146 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 02:04 AM

Hehe. I love it! ^^ 

Hopefully next month will have more entries~

congratulations Arc!! It really was a great transformation ☺
    I hope more people enter too cos it's a great idea and I'm sure lots of people are into crafty diy stuff!! I really wanted to enter but this last month was crazy busy for me.

#12 Little Illy

Little Illy

Advanced Member

• Banned
    • PipPipPip
    • 896 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 02:22 AM

YAaaaaaaay! Arc!!!! Your entry was so impressive! :heart: !!!

#13 milkpop

milkpop

Advanced Member

• 1025 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 02:28 AM

I wasn’t planning on revisiting it next month. September was the trial, and we had 1 entry & very little interest.
    Just my thoughts.

#14 Lis

Lis

Little Kitten

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 59 posts
    • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 30 September 2018 - 05:37 AM

I wasn’t planning on revisiting it next month. September was the trial, and we had 1 entry & very little interest.
    Just my thoughts.

Ohhh that's too bad.. I wanted to join the contest with the sewing diy! 

• milkpop likes this
    Kitten

Just a little in a big world

Being little is my way to handle stress.
    Because the world is much prettier and fun when there are plushies everywhere!

#15 milkpop

milkpop

Advanced Member

• 1025 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 05:45 AM

Ohhh that's too bad.. I wanted to join the contest with the sewing diy!

I can still post it and see how it goes, though I’m not ultra optimistic at the moment. ^^”
    So still keep an eye out.

#16 Daddybears PLB

Daddybears PLB

🐻 👑🎀Little Bear🎀👑🐻

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 146 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 10:19 AM

Just my thoughts.

This is very true!! Maybe just a topic for people to post diy revamp or new selfmade decor projects would suffice....just thinkin out loud and presuming most ppl don't care bout the comp side of it....for me i just like looking at others projects and it would be somewhere we could share our pics of our own stuff.
    • milkpop likes this

#17 milkpop

milkpop

Advanced Member

• 1025 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 11:21 AM

This is very true!! Maybe just a topic for people to post diy revamp or new selfmade decor projects would suffice....just thinkin out loud and presuming most ppl don't care bout the comp side of it....for me i just like looking at others projects and it would be somewhere we could share our pics of our own stuff.

That was the original idea, just got turned into a contest because thought that may be of more interest to people.
    But imho not everything needs to be a competition.

I’ll discuss some options with other members of staff and get back to everyone about what the plan is going ahead with the DIY stuff within the next 24hrs.

#18 milkpop

milkpop

Advanced Member

• 1025 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 05:13 AM

So here’s the plan!

Instead of DIY contest, have the basic DIY thread ^ as mentioned above. Which I will create sometime this week.

DIY Clubhouse!
    For everyone to share their DIYs, ask for advice and share tips.
    Not so much for reposting unowned content e.g. pinterest, tumblr, youtube DIYs (unless it’s directly in response to someone asking for advice).
    Little signature/profile badges will be made: *DIY Clubhouse Member*
    Themes can potentially be suggested for group DIY projects.

If any regular DIY posters are interested in taking on an unofficial role as a DIY organizer, then just PM me.
    ^^ I’ll make a spesh badge for those few too.

Feedback is totally welcome. :heart:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DIY, Project, do it yourself, crafting, craft, furniture, ddlg, art, creative

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users