• Please log in to reply
    11 replies to this topic

#1 lewdax

lewdax

• Members
    • Pip
    • 4 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:48 AM

Hi, i'm pretty new in the ddlg community (like for 2 or 3 months) and i've already face a lot of transphobia, so i want to know if i was just unlucky ? Or maybe there is a lot of transphobia in the DDLG community ? :(

Thaaaaaanks

#2 BruiseJuice

BruiseJuice

Advanced Member

• 1026 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:02 AM

I think you have just been unlucky.

82_FC2_C34-090_C-4_CD4-_BD8_E-7_C89049_C

#3 Tinka

Tinka

Advanced Member

• Banned
    • PipPipPip
    • 337 posts
    • LocationAthens

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:44 AM

since transphobia has the greek word phobia (φοβία = fear) in it, i will have to say that i dont think that anyone is actually scared of something or someone.

You just need to know that you will not be everyones` cup of tea, as i am not the cup of tea of a gay man.

Do i call it straightphobia? no, i call it personal interests and i respect it.

• TheDaddyest, Bambi95, I_AM_THE_SENATE and 4 others like this

#4 Aetherr

Aetherr

Local Scottish.

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 244 posts
    • LocationFife, Scotland

Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:18 AM

i dont understand this, how can a community/scene have more hate than others? its human nature to fear when we don't understand the ones drawn in by the unknown are not the typical you will recieve hate and fear from anyone from any background its not ddlg

#5 Aes

Aes

Issa flower

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 139 posts
    • LocationEurope

Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:34 AM

well i mean.. do you count someone who rather doesnt date a trans person as transphobic? bc thats a whole other story.

#6 lewdax

lewdax

• Members
    • Pip
    • 4 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:46 PM

well thanks for answers, now i know that i dont have my place here, have a great day, sorry for disturbing

#7 Aetherr

Aetherr

Local Scottish.

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 244 posts
    • LocationFife, Scotland

Posted 06 December 2018 - 03:41 PM

well thanks for answers, now i know that i dont have my place here, have a great day, sorry for disturbing

i hope you find what you are looking for then!

• I_AM_THE_SENATE likes this

#8 Tinka

Tinka

Advanced Member

• Banned
    • PipPipPip
    • 337 posts
    • LocationAthens

Posted 06 December 2018 - 05:01 PM

if your attitude is to feel offended by the truth, i wish you the best of luck trying to find your place in this world. 

• I_AM_THE_SENATE and FluffyLittleLilac like this

#9 Babygirl Ely

Babygirl Ely

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 26 posts
    • LocationUSA

Posted 07 December 2018 - 06:00 AM

Hi, i'm pretty new in the ddlg community (like for 2 or 3 months) and i've already face a lot of transphobia, so i want to know if i was just unlucky ? Or maybe there is a lot of transphobia in the DDLG community ? :(

Thaaaaaanks

I don’t think transphobia is the issue so much as it seems that it’s more common for Daddies in the DDLG community to be heterosexual men who specifically want cisgender (denoting or relating to a person whose sense of personal identity and gender corresponds with their birth sex) females for a babygirl. That’s really a preference and sexual orientation matter which has nothing to do with fear.

I am a cisgender woman but I know I have seen that there are CGL groups for people in the LGBTQ community. Maybe search for that and it could be a start point to help you find others like yourself. Also, just because a person is trans doesn’t mean they cannot interact with the DDLG community at large. Good luck to you!
    • FluffyLittleLilac and hurtnolivingthing like this

#10 Aes

Aes

Issa flower

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 139 posts
    • LocationEurope

Posted 07 December 2018 - 06:07 AM

look, nobody is trying to get a rise out of you or offend you. it wouldve helped if you could elaborate on what you consider to be transphobia.
    • LittleCelticLass likes this

#11 LittleCelticLass

LittleCelticLass

Princess of Snuggles/Sharpie Queen

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 227 posts
    • LocationColorado

Posted 07 December 2018 - 08:21 AM

I'm going to say, based on the number of transgendered people I know on this site alone, that no, DDlg is defiantly not more transphobic (A term I despise but that's a different story) than any other community. It's a sampling of the the population at large. Just like if you were to look at the world's population in general, the majority of the people would be heterosexual and cisgengered (another term I hate). This doesn't make them Transphobic, it's just their preference. Some people like blonde, others brunettes. It's life.
    • Aetherr likes this

#12 hurtnolivingthing

hurtnolivingthing

hurtnolivingthing

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 21 posts
    • LocationWest Midlands, UK

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:33 AM

Hope you'll give this meeting place a little longer lewdax.

There are a number of trans people here, and others too who are trans-friendly :)

Hope you stay and make some new friends.

Best wishes :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users