DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Tips for DDLG relationship in person?

dollybabycakes

Hi everyone!

So recently my Daddy and I moved our relationship from a long distance relationship to a regular relationship. Considering we have been in a LDR quite a while, now that we're in person we're finding it difficult for us to do anything DDLG-related. I have no problem regressing. However, my Daddy is finding it a little hard to "daddy" me. So I was wondering if anybody had any tips for this transition from LDR to in person? And maybe ideas for little activities which may help?

Any advice or contribution will be very helpful. 

Thank youuuuu  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:

Hi,

Congratulations on the progression of your relationship!! A little more context would be helpful as every relationship has different dynamics. What is it that you need as a "little" that he is not providing for you in this new stage in your relationship? I have had experience in this as well but each situation was different.

Is he a new daddy in general?

Is he nervous or uncomfortable now that it is in person?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Congratulations on the progression of your relationship!! A little more context would be helpful as every relationship has different dynamics. What is it that you need as a "little" that he is not providing for you in this new stage in your relationship? I have had experience in this as well but each situation was different.

Is he a new daddy in general?

Is he nervous or uncomfortable now that it is in person?

Thank you!! It's kind of hard to put into words I suppose. He is not a new Daddy no, and it's not that he's uncomfortable. It's just a bit different him disciplining me in a LDR to an actual relationship. Overall it's just different and new. As time is progressing it is getting easier and feeling more natural. I do think that he needs to provide me with more direction and needs to be firmer (which he is well aware of and is working on, bless him). I think that we just need some tips on how he can show me direction and discipline i.e. rules he could put in place and activities we could do. 

I’m don’t know if you’re living together, but there are ways to maintain the dynamic in every setting. Rules for direction could be you have to drink a certain amount of water every day, or meals, one sweet per day, bedtimey. Making you read a book a day. Really just anything to improve yourself. Those are great starters.

For activities I think pinic in the park, going to a toy store, ice cream, museums are fun. Building a pillow for and then watching movies. Maybe you can bake something together. Tea parties! Maybe when you go out to restaurants he orders for you. Things like you can’t leave my siide in a crowded setting. Have him cut your food. Little dominant things.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I hope this helps. Transitioning from a long distance relationship to a regular relationship  ( depending on the situation & distance ) can be stressful for both parties. I relatively new to the DD/LG so I'm learning what I can. From reading my thought is "oh he must be your boyfriend aswell" if that's the case my advice is to take it slow and encourage him that you're the same person he met online. To me this is the most important peace of information I could give you. Talk to him about it & slow down your DD/GL lifestyle till he's comfortable again. Try to focus on your regular relationship. Good luck and I will send this link to my daddy (husband) in hope he can give you helpful advice as well. Best of luck. ❤❤❤❤

Edited by Yuna_Marie

Hmm, discipline can be tricky when transitioning into real life as opposed to long distance. You are right when you say it is something that will take time. It's a very positive thing to see that you are willing to be patient with him.

If you need some examples of ways he can discipline you without going over top, here are some examples (he may do some of these already).

1. Have him set your bed time and have him make sure you stick to it.

2. Allow him to chose your outfit for the day. This is very caring but gives him more control.

3. Have him give you some little chores for the day. (This of course only applies to days you aren't working)

4. Let him give you "pocket money" (this doesnt mean purely let him control the finances but if he gives you 5 or 10 dollars to be spent on candy or saved for whatever you like, it gains a bond between the two of you that's more real that is generally felt LDRs and, if you get him to give it to you in hand, it'll help that same feeling)

5. Cook a meal for him. (But, during this time, get him to help with things like chopping and getting hot things as it'll make him feel like a strong daddy, but, do the dishes without asking, then tell him you did them without asking and you'll get properly praised for being a good girl)

These few thing may be fun but remember to keep communicating and patience is the key.

Hope that helps.