Guest Daddys Ethereal Kitten

Guest Daddys Ethereal Kitten

Who else adores Melanie Martinez? I am SO excited right now listening to the stream of her new album. If anyone else has been waiting for her album to release, here is the stream of it all!

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/stream-melanie-martinezs-debut-lp-cry-baby

I hope you enjoy and love it as much as I am right now! Tell me what you think!

*squeeeeeee!!!!!*

post-3502-0-88347700-1439424630.gif

Thanks for sharing this news. I checked out the album on Spotify and it's very good, and yes, VERY clearly DD/LG music. I really loved "Alphabet Boy", "Pity Party" and "Milk and Cookies". "Milk and Cookies" especially made me feel very very needy for my daddy :$

• 1 month later...

Wow... a very cohesive album concept and well executed to boot.  It has a dark edge to it but her voice just makes this so sickly sweet.

Melanie Martinez is absolutely stellar! I was blown away by her album. And I was so surprised to see the theme. So applicable to DD/lg, I don't think it's too bold to presume she's got a good understanding of it (I mean, a girl can hope). And I absolutely love her "alter ego", Crybaby. I see so much of myself in her, which is super cool. I think my favorite songs (besides her singles bc they're fabulous) are "Tag, You're It", "Milk and Cookies", and "Cake". I love her dark edge, too! Ugh, she's too perfect.  <3

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Bunnychi

ob-freaking-sessed, I saw her in CONCERT for Crybaby! She was a beautiful butterfly baby and it was amazingggg. I also have the entire album! I can't choose my favorite, but I lovee "Training Wheels" and "Tag, You're It."

She's cute and beautiful. :wub: Her style is perfect in my opinion, perfect mix of alternative pin-up and girly girl!

My favorite songs of hers are "Dear Porcupine" and "Alphabet Boy".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest LavanderRabbit

Has anyone heard of Melanie Martinez? She was a contestant on the Voice and has done covers there, but she's also come out with a couple of her own albums, which happen to be kind of little themed! Her music is kind of depressing with a pop type style, much like Marina and the Diamonds. 

I cant get enough of her!!! love love love it, has a very littlelike feel to it with also being a bit dark/depressing, wish there was more of it!!, Is My fave artist atm. I would tell you which is my fave song of hers but they are all beyond perfect in my eyes

Edited by Guest

• 9 months later...

Does anyone else listen to Melanie Martinez? :D If so, what's your favorite song of hers? (I highly recommend her music, but be warned: she does sometimes use some inappropriate language).

http://33.media.tumblr.com/3e0df4fd0dffb7e5685967b52bc8fc71/tumblr_ns0zwvCDIz1uamtoao1_250.gif

YES!!! I LOVE all of her songs tbh but I think Soap is my favorite. But I also really like Dollhouse, Sippy Cup, Carousel, Cry Baby and Mad Hatter too.
Which songs are your favorite?
Are you getting the Cry Baby Perfume Milk she's releasing this month? I wanted to get a sample because I'm really picky about perfumes but I thought even if I didn't like it maybe I could keep it as a collectible?? Idk...

I think I'm a little too into Melanie Martinez, tbh. She's bae.

• Like 2