DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Disney World Florida

PinkiePie84

Have you ever been to disney World? Are you planning a trip?

What did you like there? What did you hate?

What surprised you?

I'm planning to go for the first time in 2020 and fulfill a life long dream so I'm currently extra disney obsessed.

Tell me all about your disney World experiences!

Guest depth_of_field_ddlg

Go in an "off season" and find a deal on property. There's no reason to spend your money running 3 rides a day in 90+ degree heat with humidity in the summer. You can find a deal on rooms and a dining plan, won't have to fight as many crowds, and you spend less time getting to the parks. The winter months are getting more popular, but the summer months are just AWFUL. I don't care if it's a little cooler (60 degrees) and rains a bit more...I'm not fighting tons of crowds and I'm not waiting hours for a single ride.

I suggest staying on property. There's pros and cons to it, but I don't think that staying off property really saves you that much. You trade money for conveniences. Staying on property allows you to avoid parking and get to parks/home faster. If you're flying in to Orlando, there's a special part of the terminal that busses you to your resort, and your checked luggage "magically" appears in your room without having to go to baggage claim at the terminal. Customer service is better, there are concierge's everywhere that can help with park related stuff, and make things less stressful. Some say "oh you can cook your own meals off property"! Are you really gunna do that...go to a grocery store, plan meals, and then actually make dinner after you spent all day in the parks? You're gunna be wiped.

Food is expensive in Disney...and look closely at the deals that include free dining. If you don't eat alot, the plan may not be worth it and you may opt for a room-only discount. If you're paying for a dining plan, do the math yourself. If you have like, one meal a day and snack...the plan may not be right for you. If you do like sit down dinners, at eat two solid meals a day, then budget stuff out. Some argue it's cheaper to pay out of pocket, even at the expensive restaurants, but I don't think people are smart with their dining credits.

As for the parks, I'd be perfectly happy with just Epcot and The Magic Kingdom. Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studio are fun but I never felt like I was missing out by not going to either. Depends on what your "Disney" interests are. There's alot to do in the Magic Kingdom and Epcot, and i'd personally focus my time on making sure I saw everything I wanted in those parks before going to the others. Keep in mind that photo ops sometimes need fast passes, and photos are crazy expensive. If they're special, like on a ride or with a character, buy like...one. 

Personally, I think one of my favorite memories of Disney was going to the Magic Kingdom during a HUGE downpour. Nobody was in the park, nobody was on the rides...so even tho I got "stuck", I just rode the buzz lightyear ride 4-5 times over the course of 45 minutes. When the rain stopped, I hustled over to the Haunted Mansion and rode that twice. Everything was wet but I didn't care...I felt like I owned the park. 

I've been a bunch of times so if you have any more specific questions I'd be happy to answer them!

• Like 2