DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Littles and depression? Help.

Guest LittleSnowiii

Guest LittleSnowiii

*Possible trigger for mental illness*

Not even sure how to start this, but here it goes. I'm diagnosed with a panic disorder and severe depression. In june of 2018 I went on medication, it helped ALOT. However, this past month I'm a wreck. Alot of events have happened and mentally I'm genuinly not ok. I'm struggling to fight the lonliness and the hard feelings that my ex left me with aswell. Can't sleep, I either binge eat or not eat at all, I spend the entire day crying. 

So I'm creating this post to know how other littles deal with their depression, anxiety, etc.

Any tips or advice are welcomed.

Guest Naturalselectionissexy

You can search the endless threads here on the subject.

Besides that go talk with your mental health providers especially the ones that prescribed your meds.

I'm dealing with it with therapy, trying to exercise everyday for at least a little while, eatting healthy foods, trying to write down things to go over in therapy. My goal for February is to go out at least twice.

LittleSnowiii,

I really advise you watch this video (Julie Schiffman discusses EFT for depression) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo9CMu9OZ_M

Have you ever heard of Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) sometimes called "tapping"? It's a method of releasing difficult emotions from yourself that uses light tapping on acupressure points on the body. It might sound weird, but there is scientific research showing it works, plus it's free and you can do it yourself so please at least try.

I hope you feel better soon! You can also write poetry or draw pictures expressing how you feel.

Even though you're struggling right now, remember that you are worth the best.

I have OCD and a mood disorder. For me, I find that guided meditations are really helpful for me when I start to have an episode. Also, I meet often with my doctors to talk about the dosages of my meds and other strategies of dealing with symptoms. 

I have depression, anxiety, and PTSD. For me, guided meditation really helps. I just apps on my phone, my favorite being an app called “Headspace.” You don’t have to pay for it, as there are free features on the app. Additionally, YouTube has a lot of guided meditation videos, too.

Another thing that helps is excercising. A lot of people describe it as a “stress releaver” and I totally agree. It also helps with sleeping habits, which is another thing you should be paying attention too. If you aren’t getting enough sleep, that can contribute to your issues as well.

As for your medication not helping, talking to your doctor is really important especially when dealing with depression. They might be able to prescribe another medication, or up your dosage on the medicine you currently have if it’s been helping you a lot in the past.

Also, don’t forget there are crisis hotlines and online therapists that are able to help you.

I hope this helps!

Junebug xxx