DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Cooking for my little self

Little Baby Satan Spawn

I don't have a caregiver or daddy so I have to cook my own little meals a lot. Any super easy but yummy pasta or potato dishes I can make that your littles love? I am not big on most veggies so it limits a lot of things I'll make for myself!

THANK YOU

Lotsa easy recipes online.  ;)

Check out www.countryliving.com/food-drinks/g1050/simple-potato-recipes-1110/ and scroll through for 60 simple potato recipes. It's a compilation article so each entry has a link to another food website.

Here's one that little you may like from thecookingjar.com/mashed-potato-puffs/

Mashed Potato Puffs

Prep time: 10 min

Cook time: 30 min

Ingredients:

2 cups mashed potatoes

3 large eggs, beaten

1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded

1/4 cup bacon bits

1/4 cup chives, chopped

Pepper to taste

1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded

Instructions:

1. Combine mashed potatoes, eggs, cheddar cheese, bacon bits, and chives

2. Season with pepper if needed

3. Grease a muffin pan and mound a spoonful into each cup

4. Sprinkle each cup with parmesan cheese

5. Bake for 30-35 minutes at 400 degrees F or until golden brown

6. Cool for 5 minutes and serve warm with sour cream

Watch out for the sharp utensils you use to chop and the hot oven, but otherwise as long as you already have some leftover mashed potatoes this is a little-friendly recipe! Hope this helped! :D

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Saame ahaha, I usually follow instagram pages that are meant for feeding toddlers... Easy to make and taste pretty good.

Aand any meal can feel "little" on those cute plates with the designs on them :) and if you cute the pieces up real small

Welllllll, are you looking for ways to get more veggies into your diet?

Because then I'd recommend playing around with soups and pasta sauces where everything gets pureed - that can make a huge difference in the ability to tolerate something you wouldn't like otherwise e.g.

Pureed tomatoes, carots and nuts result in a nicely textured pasta sauce in my opinion. (My niece, nephew and younger brother love it.)

I absolutely love pasta in all kinds of variations and if you can afford to get pasta in cute and funny shapes that could automatically make you feel more "little" without adding any effort in regards to cooking. Tricoloured pasta has a similar effect on me.

I haven't really been able to cook specifically with "little me" in mind for a while but if broccoli happens to be something that you can stand then I can recommend this way to decorate your plate when you eat mashed potatoes, broccoli and vegetable fingers (or something similar): https://www.ddlgforum.com/gallery/image/21253-littlefood/

Sorry that I'm not writing out specific recipes but I have a hard time anticipating what you'd like and I mostly improvise these days. Sometimes I buy groceries with certain dishes in mind and then end up cooking something completely different.

I like garlic steamed tatos and if you eat fish this goes great with fish.

2 pieces of fish salt & pepper

1-2 tatos sliced medium thin

1/2 onion sliced thick

1-2 handfuls of peas

1-2 tablespoon of butter

1/4 cup of water

Garlic - fresh of powdered

Basil - fresh of dried

Melt butter in the pan. Lay onion halves in pan. The onions keep the fish and tatos from sitting in the water. Pour water into the pan with the butter and onions.

Put half the tatoe on the onions, but leave space between them. Sprinkle with basil and garlic. Fish goes on top of tatos then another of tatos with garlic and basil. I sometimes sprinkle curry and cumin on top. Add Chipotle pepper and red pepper flakes too.

Turn the heat waaay down. Pop on a top and let it steam. Remember to check and add more water as needed toss in peas towards the end. I barely eat salt, so you can add salt to the layers if you like.

You can make tato eggs! Like eggs in a hole but with potatoes instead of bread. Use cookie cutter to cut center out of the tato. Add tiny, tiny bit of oil to a skillet or griddle then salt and pepper the tato. With heat on medium lay down tatos. I make lots on my griddle so I cover mine with a cookie sheet or pot top. Cook until one side is brown.

Flip the tato over to let the other side brown. Flip again then crack a whole egg or add scrambled egg into the center. Cover again until the egg is done cooking. You can sprinkle on cheese and chives.