#1 Rye_Curiousity

Rye_Curiousity

DADDY/DOM

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 35 posts
    • LocationEastern US

Posted 24 February 2019 - 01:06 PM

I think if we made an app wether.it be a sideloaded app or on the app stores, we could get alot.more.traction, and have better overall engagement, bc sometimes.its.hard.to do everything on ur phone with the simified view of the site.
    • babyg.yani likes this

<Lets All Have Fun & Play Together>   x)

#2 Naturalselectionissexy

Naturalselectionissexy

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 359 posts
    • LocationLots of places :-) USA

Posted 24 February 2019 - 01:14 PM

Or you can use the full version on your phone... which is what I am currently doing.

#3 PrincessAurora

PrincessAurora

Brat Princess/Site Cosmetologist

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 62 posts
    • LocationSan Diego, ca

Posted 24 February 2019 - 02:40 PM

https://www.ddlgforu...ddlg-forum-app/

the previous discussion on this.

an App for this site wouldn't be allowed on any app store ether, as it is considered adult content. and the mods would be spending more time deleting underage accounts since you can't age lock an app for downloadn

cosplayer, hair stylist, gamer, nerd

#4 Rye_Curiousity

Rye_Curiousity

DADDY/DOM

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 35 posts
    • LocationEastern US

Posted 24 February 2019 - 07:23 PM

Just an idea, srry for repeating a discussion

<Lets All Have Fun & Play Together>   x)

#5 Naturalselectionissexy

Naturalselectionissexy

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 359 posts
    • LocationLots of places :-) USA

Posted 24 February 2019 - 07:36 PM

Never apologize for something that caused no harm!

#6 AndrewMA2018

AndrewMA2018

Andrew4President

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 28 posts
    • LocationEngland

Posted 27 February 2019 - 06:46 AM

an App for this site wouldn't be allowed on any app store ether, as it is considered adult content. and the mods would be spending more time deleting underage accounts since you can't age lock an app for downloadn

Google play store has a rating system to say how old your ment to be to use a app. Below is the rating page for my app with in the Developer page.

koyuwomari.png

The app would be approved on to the google play store as long as they declared it is fo over 18's and the goal of the site is social media and dating.

As for Creating the app its not so much a case of no one would make it even for free. Its a case of the staff not giving Developers the tools to create a secure and rebust app. I cant comment on the IOS App deployment process as i dont have a Apple Developer licence i have one for Android, Google Chrome and microsoft store. One thing i think would imporve engament would be Push notifications for messages, and messages updating without needing to reload the page.

• Rye_Curiousity, BlueEyedDaddy and MysticSand like this

#7 BlueEyedDaddy

BlueEyedDaddy

• Banned
    • PipPip
    • 29 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 11:07 PM

Google play store has a rating system to say how old your ment to be to use a app. Below is the rating page for my app with in the Developer page.

koyuwomari.png

The app would be approved on to the google play store as long as they declared it is fo over 18's and the goal of the site is social media and dating.

As for Creating the app its not so much a case of no one would make it even for free. Its a case of the staff not giving Developers the tools to create a secure and rebust app. I cant comment on the IOS App deployment process as i dont have a Apple Developer licence i have one for Android, Google Chrome and microsoft store. One thing i think would imporve engament would be Push notifications for messages, and messages updating without needing to reload the page.

Too bad we don't have mods like you.  :(

• AndrewMA2018 likes this

#8 AndrewMA2018

AndrewMA2018

Andrew4President

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 28 posts
    • LocationEngland

Posted 23 March 2019 - 11:46 PM

Too bad we don't have mods like you.   :(

Also adding on to what i siad before, "you cant age lock an app" Sure you can! You can get the users age from there Google account on android if they are under 18, blacklist the ip if its a static IP for a home connection and blacklist the email address till they turn 18, using this kind of system you would actually end up using google to verify the age and not many people lie while creating there google account. If you then linked this in to the registration page for the website or even just made part of standard verification to verify with google or facebook (both let you have the birthday), this would let you make a database table that has a list of underage then you can do a like search with mysql to to check the "likeness" of a email address to a banned one say if andrewma1 was banned and a user had tried signing up with andrewma2 then maybe ask the mods to look in to it but allow the user to be on. You could even (maybe) check google/facebook api to check basic account info to see if it could of been made just then to join.

• Lil Dino 🖤🖤 likes this

#9 Lil Dino 🖤🖤

Lil Dino 🖤🖤

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 32 posts
    • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 March 2019 - 12:43 AM

This is an awesome idea and would help those like me who use this site on their mobile device. Why not create an app, there are plenty of app's on the app store that are listed as 18+ and you need to either enter a birthday or confirm your age. Yes there is a risk of underage people using the app, but that risk also exists currently.
    • AndrewMA2018 and 👑QUEEN.CHOCO👑 like this

*Giggles and Rawrs*

#10 ForumDaddy

ForumDaddy

• Administrator
    • 25 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 02:12 PM

The short answer to this time and time again question is no. We will not be getting an app for this forum.

It has been explained across the different topics regarding this that the app would cost a ridiculous amount. A recent inquiry another Invision operator posted to the forums included a quote from a Chinese company stating it would take between 120 and 200 days to develop and the cost would be between $50k and $100k USD. Even if the money was available we would not pursue its development. Invision put together a group to develop a white-label app and ultimately shut it down. There were several hurdles. Creating an app to work across multiple platforms, developers that understood the software's framework, and incorporating various products and add-ons would be insurmountable. They felt a web app was far more manageable for them as they could address everything across all platforms. They also didn't like the idea of introducing a third party as it opens up security concerns for the user base. We are of the same mind regarding that. Additionally there would be additional high cost for other operating systems including iOS, Windows, Blackberry, etc. If Invision felt this way about app development I don't feel like I am the person to question it.

Speaking towards Google Play, most of the labels displayed above are from different rating systems. The one used for display in the store itself is Mature 17+. Which gives the mistaken idea that we allow 17 year olds on the site. We do not and I would not put it on there for that reason.

While I would love to give everyone the best user experience possible this is simply not a possibility. I do apologize for the inconvenience everyone may experience.

Since this is the final answer on this matter the thread is now closed.

• Barbie💋 and Inmylittlespace like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users