Haiii

littledaisy

hey there!

im adelia and very news to the community but ive done my investigations and it makes me to happy and fuzzy to have finally found a place where I really feel like I belong. im looking forward to making some new friends to help fit in and maybe even help with getting through being a newbie and stuffs.  im not really sure how far my likes and dislikes go but im eager to learn. I hope you all have a wonderful day and don't hesitate to try and make friends with me! ^_^

Hello! Nice to meet you and welcome to the site! You'll love it here- we have a great community :)

Oh, and I too absolutely love Disney movies!

thanks!

so I hope you don't mind me asking you but im not really sure how to go about making friends and all that, do you have any tips on how to, I guess, approach people without seeming too much like the awkward dork that I am?

And do you have a favorite one? I cant ever seem to decide, I think about and then get all flustered cause they're all so wonderful lol.

Of course not, no need to be shy! Making friends is so much easier than it sounds, especially here. I personally recommend just spending some time finding some interesting topics on the forums, and chatting with others over time. Then if you find yourself getting along with someone or notice you have similar interests, shoot them a friend request and then a message!

Another recommendation is to try the Chat! There's almost always a good amount of people to talk to in there, and because it's in real-time, you can get to know others fairly quickly there. There's always something fun going on in there!

Most importantly, just be yourself! Even if you are an awkward dork :) I am too! We're all sort of dorks here in our own way. Just don't worry, don't overthink it, and go with the flow!

Oh, and my favorite Disney movies are pretty much all the Pixar ones! And Lilo and Stitch of course :p

Hey there Adelia, welcome to our forums!

To answer your question in my own way: Our chat room is a good place to start. Say hello, try to strike up a conversation or two. Have a question about DDlg? Try asking that user, it's a great way to start a bond. They say that the best way to make friends is to take up a hobby, because you'll meet like-minded people who can help you and want to be the best at the hobby with you. So make connections here as you would with any other friends!

There's people from all over the world here. We all have a variety of perspectives that we'd be glad to share with you. We have lots of people who play video games, so they bond over that. We have others who have seen every single Disney movie (I'm sure there's at least one...). Feel free to explore and find an interest within our forums that might pertain to you and share yourself!

Welcome there Adelia. I like Disney movies, stuffies and dolls.

There's a lot more social awkwardness about than you might think so don't worry too much about that but generally on a forum getting involved in posts usually leads to you finding out more about that individual, their likes and dislikes and once you've found a person you have a lot in common with you can 'Friend' them which will allow to message them.

What generally people find trying with messaging is when 'flooding' their inbox with mail across the day happens especially when it's when it is they haven't been able to reply straight off or when an individual comes over as 'too forceful' not that I'm suggesting for one moment that you are. Like in face to face communication, we need to allow space for the other person to explain things and be themselves.

See you around!

Thank you all so much! I'm so happy that every one has been so kind and welcoming. I will definitely check those forums out and continue to make friends ^.^

My little tends to sing along to Disney movies (her favourite being the little mermaid) it's how I reward her for being good; sitting down and treating her to a movie with daddy. You'd probably get along great with her. 

Welcome to the community.  :rolleyes:

oh that's wonderful ^.^ and we probably would just from the love of Disney haha, I would love to talk to her sometime.

and Thank you :D