#1 crazycatdaddy

crazycatdaddy

Nonsexual Daddy

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 119 posts
    • LocationNorthwest England

Posted 30 March 2019 - 03:12 AM

Meeting up with people who are also in this community can be great fun! But it's also not something you should consider doing lightly, because any informal meet-up does carry a certain amount of risk. A few days ago I wrote a list of a few general tips for people to consider before agreeing to a meeting, and I thought I'd post them here in their own thread in case they might be helpful. If you're planning to host an event or meet-up, remember that involves responsibility. You have a duty of care to the people who attend and it's up to you to keep the group safe.

General tips would be:

1) Speak to the organiser and make sure they seem like they know what they're doing.

2) Ask either the organiser or confirmed attendees if they've been to an event like this before, how it went, and whether anything went wrong.

3) Make sure the details of the event (time, meeting place, etc) are not publicly available and only shared among confirmed attendees.

4) Check what the rules are, if any, and what the dress code is and make sure to dress appropriately for a public setting (ie no turning up in just a shirt and diaper - something I've seen happen before!)

5) Make sure someone outside of the event, like a family member or friend, knows where you're going and give them an estimated return time. The organiser of the event should have an idea of how long it'll last. If they don't, that's a strong indication that they don't really know what they're doing.

6) Check out the profiles of people who say they're attending. People with blank profiles would be suspect, in my opinion, and if someone seems like they might be a problem, speak to the organiser about them.

7) Following on from that, get to know as many of the attendees as possible ahead of time. If any of them make you uncomfortable or seem suspect, speak to the organiser and if necessary reconsider attending. Don't be afraid to put your safety first. It's much better to lose a little money on an unused train ticket than to attend an uncomfortable or unsafe event.

8) Should really go without saying, but only attend events that will take place in a public setting. If someone is inviting people to their private property that could be dangerous.

9) Personal choice this one, but I'd be wary of attending an event that seemed to only have daddies attending if I were a little, or as a daddy, attending an event that seemed to have only littles attending.

10) Goes hand-in-hand with the above - if an event is for littles only or daddies only, don't try to muscle in if you're not in the category of people they want. Just because you live locally and are on the forum doesn't mean you're entitled to attend someone else's event if it's only for littles, only for couples, only for daddies, etc. And from the flip side, if someone does try to muscle in, or someone seems like they might be misrepresenting themselves to score an invitation, let the organiser know and probably also the forum moderators.

Feel free to add to this list.

• Littlest_Bee, Daddys little Baby_Bear and kawasaku 🦓🖤 like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: meetup, meetup advice, meetup tips

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users