#1 SamL

SamL

Advanced Member

• Banned
    • PipPipPip
    • 324 posts
    • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 14 April 2019 - 07:27 PM

No offense to Americans (I am one), we tend to be a pretty self-centered lot.  It never ceases to amaze me when someone starts screaming about their constitutional right of free speech in being impinged on by some "idiot moderator" running a website out of Kazakhstan.  That's the problem with the WORLD wide web, they fail to respect the US-centric mindset present in so many.  So what's my point?  Glad you asked...

I have noticed that there are more than a couple of littles who will cry 'stalker' (or at the very least- stranger danger)  when someone shows up multiple times on their profile.  I certainly don't want to cause anyone to worry unnecessarily but I find myself heading to peoples profiles more often than even I would like, because I can't remember where they live and because 'Location' doesn't show up when you move your mouse over a members name.  Why do I need that information?  Once again, so glad you asked...

Today I have run into someone on this site using the word 'fanny' and another person using the word 'pissed'.  Depending what side of the pond you are on....these mean very different things.    God forbid someone use both at once: i.e. I was pissed when he put it in my fanny.  See?  Horrible - or wonderful, depending.  

How about location showing up on an overview?  Would that be difficult to implement?

• FrostyBun, Avi and phoei like this

#2 FrostyBun

FrostyBun

• Members
    • Pip
    • 7 posts
    • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 14 April 2019 - 08:01 PM

Seeing someone's location would be quite useful, I agree. The variety of countries I've seen represented in our community never ceases to amaze me. The internet is a big place. It's time to act like it!

• Wise man, SamL and phoei like this

I was raised to respect my family and love ferociously.

#3 shadowrider

shadowrider

A true Bougie Bish that is the property of a mermaid

• Administrator
    • 584 posts
    • LocationLouisiana

Posted 15 April 2019 - 01:02 PM

The issue with this would be that not everyone puts their location due to their own personal reasons. I have seen people here from neverland and nunyabusiness. Not to mention the all too popular island of I'm not telling.
    So whether it was implemented or not you still would probably have a majority of the members you could not get an actual location from.
    I will leave this open in case someone above my pay grade wants to chime in.
    • queenjellybean đź’‹, Littlest_Bee, SamL and 1 other like this

Most of my deepest darkest secrets are a result of what I would do for a Klondike bar.

#4 PumpkinSeedđź’‹

PumpkinSeedđź’‹

Advanced Member

• 43 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 11:52 AM

Just to add to this real quick, from what I understand our software won't allow for a change like that. But, in the chat room at least, it's pretty quick and easy to ask someone, hey where are you from again?
    • SamL likes this

I Never Look Back, Darling, It Distracts From The Now

Resident veggie bebe

:heart: In a triad with queenie an stella :heart:

Beg, Kiss, Fall in love

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users