DDlg Forum & Community Summer Fun !

What is a little to do?

Kitten2468

I'm a little who's 23..all has been great for 9 months of me and my daddy being together. He lives far away and hes planning on seeing me this coming august. Lately he has been falling asleep when hes supposed to tuck me in and I feel forgotten..and lately I haven't been feeling my little self lately because of that plus other things. He lives in a different time zone so I know why hes sleepy. I'm worried he might be bored of me. Before even when he was sleepy, he would read to me anyways and stuff...now he just crashes and I'm left alone. Am I worrying to much? What's having a ldr relationship like?... How can I make it better?

Guest crazycatdaddy

Has something changed in his life that might make him more tired at bedtime? It could be a number of things, work schedule or stress being the first two that spring to mind. Have you spoken to him about it, and if so, what did he say? If he's not aware of the problem it may simply be a case of having a short chat about it where you let him know that bedtime is important for you and he'll get back to doing things the way he had been. Communication is key in any relationship, but even more so when there's distance involved. No one can read minds, and if you're not in the same room he can't even pick up on body language or anything to know you're upset.

If conversations about "serious things" is something you don't find easy, then how about writing down what you want to say beforehand? This is something I often do, not least because my memory is bad! Even just a list of the key points would help you keep the conversation on track, and at the end you'd know for sure you said everything you wanted to say.

Long distance relationships aren't always easy, but the same is true of any relationship. If you're both willing to put in the time and effort, and compromise where necessary, things will be fine. If he has some issues going on in his life at the moment making him more tired, you'll need to be understanding that maybe there will be times where he can't always be available to chat when you'd like. But definitely talk about it, get to the bottom of what's happening, and let him know how it's making you feel.

• Like 2